Author Topic: [IMG Heavy] Doing Battletech Art, 2022-23 Reloaded  (Read 1245 times)

Rough Sleeper

• Recruit
    • Instagram Page
[IMG Heavy] Doing Battletech Art, 2022-23 Reloaded
« on: 01 November 2023, 09:49:32 »
Hello All!

Some checkings and doings on posting stuff, but here's take 2 of my Battletech Art thread! I've loved Battletech since I was a kid, mostly Mechcommander and Mechwarrior 4 but cut my teeth on HBS Battletech to the point where I realized I should get into the tabletop.

That got me into doing digital art, and here is the result! I keep things generally sketchy - these are rendered with the lineart option in Blender and then shaded by me in Photoshop. Its good practice and I generally spend an hour or two on each one, especially as I get better and better. These are really big images (~5000-7000 pixels x 5000) so feel free to zoom in!

The Charger SH - the "Switch Hitter" Variant of a Charger C is intended for spec. ops customers. Buyers in Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, and FedSuns.

Clanner Advance of some of my fav Clan Mechs. No idea what they're doing in this canyon but you better hope you brought some explosive charges.

A very Nova Cat image, a Nova Cat on a meditative lunar patrol

An Orked out Blackjack! I did this to my Blackjack mini as well.. I don't like the Blackjack very much so I decided to make it interesting.

Quoth the Raven.... Arrow IV...

This post is Panther-approved

I want to do more Solaris images, so I took the idea of the Stone Rhino/Behemoth and Omega being held in reserve for special matches, and decided to see what that looked like. This feels like some Op. Bulldog veteran got his hands on a Stone Rhino and brought it back to Solaris to see how long he lasts after installing some fresh spikes for a stage persona/Wild Bill's Rodeo Clanner reenactment

The Annihilator getting a nice burst off. Hope it hits. I like doing Solaris stuff and I like the idea of doing a story there. Maybe all the academies/experimental branches of each Succession House like to meet to have a showdown each year? NAIS vs Osaka Field Works type idea.

Another custom 'mech. I call it the Horseman but I've realized that it is pretty much a Night Gyr, as its a combo of Nova Cat and Thanatos parts with a jetengine stapled on. And that's what a Night Gyr is. This one just has more of an Armored Core vibe.

« Last Edit: 01 November 2023, 09:55:06 by Rough Sleeper »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: [IMG Heavy] Doing Battletech Art, 2022-23 Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2023, 18:40:54 »
"Quoth the Raven, Arrow IV" is worth its very own thread! ;D

Rough Sleeper

• Recruit
    • Instagram Page
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2023, 12:30:17 »
"Quoth the Raven, Arrow IV" is worth its very own thread! ;D

Making that one was really fun, there's all kinds of cool explosion and laser FX available on thingiverse to play with. I have a totally destroyed Mad Cat model I want to do something with now as well.

Some new stuff:

I kitbashed some Hunchbacks to have a more VOTOMS vibe - they've got bits from a Dom mobile suit, the Mechwarrior 4 Hunchback, MWO Hunchback, and the Votoms Scopedog. No name for this variant yet, maybe Sabre or Ka-bar.

Dropped 'em into Solaris Steiner Stadium

Mechwarrior 2 Ghost Bear opening cinematic atmosphere.

This one i'm not so sure about, still working out the framing in Blender, I don't have any of these models rigged for animation which may help that process a lot...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2023, 19:16:15 »
That bash really needs a left hand... ;)

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2023, 22:16:58 »
That MW2 tribute is great!
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Rough Sleeper

• Recruit
    • Instagram Page
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2023, 15:29:24 »
That bash really needs a left hand... ;)
You're right! Looks better!

That MW2 tribute is great!
Thanks! I've realized that thunderbolt one is a Mechcommander tribute too. We need cheesey live action cutscenes back in our Battletech games!!!

Anyway, more stuff!

A Cyclops with a Gauss Rifle based on the Mektek Cyclops, its got a bit more Highlander to it now..

Watercolored version of a custom 'mech I designed, the Birdeater, basically a Frankenmech imitating a Stalking Spider made from a Cauldronborn by a eccentric Clan Warrior.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2023, 19:10:49 »
It does indeed look better with a left hand! :)

Register