Author Topic: 'Up To Date' Mercenary Rules  (Read 4106 times)

MadLetter

• Private
'Up To Date' Mercenary Rules
« on: 27 January 2011, 23:29:57 »
Hi Folks!

Just wanted to ask what the most recent Merc rules are and where I could find them. Didn't find any other thread with this information on a quick look-around.

Anyways, I would also like to know if someone maybe created homebrew rules for Mercs if none are currently "up to date"?

Greetings,
Chris
Arc-Royal Defense Cordon-Bleu. Yummy.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: 'Up To Date' Mercenary Rules
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 23:40:47 »
Field Manual: Mercenaries (with its Supplementals) is the most recent, I think, although you can also run them under the free Chaos Campaign rules.

EDIT: The revised version, not the original.  I keep forgetting there's two.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2011, 23:42:28 by Moonsword »

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2011, 12:33:42 »
Up to date rules for creating and running mercenary force will be in Interstellar Operations when it is released... whenever that is...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2011, 12:51:10 »
Huh.  Didn't know that.  I'll keep my eye out for them once the book is released.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2011, 14:50:10 »
Makinus had a great ruleset composed ENTIRELY of house rules that people could use for mercenary campaigns.  Lemme find the link.

Here it is.

If you already have a company picked out, and don't want any recruits, just ignore that portion of the rules.  Or any portion you please, it's pretty much all optional, but it works well.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register