Author Topic: 14k Match On Saturday  (Read 968 times)

OatsAndHall

• Warrant Officer
14k Match On Saturday
« on: 24 January 2022, 17:25:08 »
We're playing a large 14k match on Saturday; mechs, ground vehicles and battle armor (no air support). I have a good idea what I'm bringing to the party but what would you guys throw on the table?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: 14k Match On Saturday
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2022, 17:44:01 »
Well my Elementals for sure, probably a Star with Zoomer transports (fan design of basically an Omni-Vehicle that goes like 23+ hexes to carry them), probably a pair of SMI’s (because I’ve wanted to field them for a while), and using whatever’s left shoehorn in a Kingfisher, Kodiak, Cauldron-Born, or any of the other new plastic Clan mechs I’ve got (Hellbringer as a Hel II maybe?) that would fit the remaining BV. At work or I’d work out the numbers.

My local opponent is a Hell Horse so I’d assume he’d take something similar: in fact we usually run games at about 15K (in our larger games of course) so probably skip half the skill adjustments or a mech.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: 14k Match On Saturday
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2022, 23:55:54 »
Based on your other thread, if I was building a force like you described . . . for a 4th Regulan Hussars company . . .

Marauder 2T
Patriot 2E
Wolverine 7M
Griffin 3M

Hetzer (LRM)
Hetzer (LRM)
Hetzer (AC/10) w/ Prec AC ammo
Hetzer (LBX)
LRM Carrier (3025)
LRM Carrier (3025)

Achileus (TAG)
Achileus (TAG)
GDL (LRR)
GDL (LRR)
Longinus (David GR)
Longinus (David GR)

Blizzard APC x2

Comes up to 12,345 BV . . . which leaves you about 1500 to spend on skills and Semi-G LRMs.  If you needed more BV to spend on skills, you could drop the GDL squads and get 500 BV back.

To make it 13999 w/ 2t Semi-G on each LRM Carrier, 1t on the Hetzer (LRM), & 1t on the Patriot-
3/5s
Marauder, Patriot, Hetzer (LRMs), LRM Carriers, Longinus

2/4
Achileus (TAG)s

4/3
Blizzard APCs
Do the following as 3/5 pilot/crew

Pretty solid combined arms company that can force opponents to fight in the shade, especially if you use Thunders to channel opponents.  You could throw out 10 Thunder hexes a turn from the LRM vehicles.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register