Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hillcllimbing Rachau
Xandria - Reborn
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by NightSarge on Today at 06:13:49 »
beam
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 06:11:24 »
If any one person could take down Showers, it's Ace! ;D
BattleMechs / Re: Shadow Knight: It's cool because it sounds edgy
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 05:32:15 »
Back in the day, my friends would use a Warhammer over over a Shadow Hawk's shoulder to make a 2K variant... :)
BattleMechs / Re: Can a Harvester Ant make a good AmbulanceMech?
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 05:30:08 »
And it can sprint at 100 kph in a pinch... nice! :)
I'm with you on the needing to be more 'fun' part.  Water combat comes up a lot when a mech standing in water falls over.  So even in 3025 it happens all the time, cause you want those leg mounted heat sinks to work overtime, and you want partial cover.

The actual breach rules, flooding, PSRs for every square of movement, and reduced ranges on most things makes underwater combat a slog though.  It makes you roll lots of extra dice, looking for very low odds things like breaches on 10+s and falls on 4-s.  Its also pretty short ranged, and the torpedoes are either SRTs which really cause a lot of rolls, or LRTs which, thanks to the massive speed reduction and range reduction, are too punishing if the other side doesn't have them.  Its rocket tag, but not the fun fast paced frenzy kind like in quake.
I'm a decent painter but more than half my mini's are still not painted... just not enough time so I would be down for getting some pre-painted minis
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Black Knight Clan buster
« Last post by MoffMalthus on Today at 04:45:06 »
I got the Black knight clan buster mini from the catalyst store last night. Exact same package and content. So three right arms, one has a PPC on it, the other two have nothing.
Ground Combat / Re: Elemental (Fire) or Elemental III?
« Last post by DevianID on Today at 04:23:28 »
Fire-Resistant Armor shouldn't exist and stealth armor is much more interesting on top of being more fun.  Elemental IIIs 100%.
I half agree with you.  Fire resistant armor should half the effects of fire, not be immune to infernos entirely.

BA stealth armor shouldnt work at short range.  Stealth has no counter play, no probe that reduces it.  Since it works at range 1, it's just always useful with no drawback.  Imho this runs counter to design choices mattering.  Compared to stealth armor on mechs, with no short range bonus and +10 heat load, stealth armor on BA is always useful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register