Author Topic: Grenades: what is their damage notation and AP/BD?  (Read 1340 times)

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Grenades: what is their damage notation and AP/BD?
« on: 08 August 2017, 20:34:49 »
Page 278 (AToW) holds the stats for grenades. However, under the "AP/BD" column, I don't see the standard "number letter/number letter". In its place is merely a single letter in parenthesis; e.g., (A). This makes me confused on what damage notation (from the damage notation table, page 179) grenades are supposed to use, and what the armor penetration and base damage values are for the various types of grenades.

Further, under the "notes" column of grenades (pg. 278) is written, "indirect". I can see grenades being an indirect fire weapon (page, 174), but shouldn't grenades also be an area of effect weapon as well?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Grenades: what is their damage notation and AP/BD?
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2017, 20:44:39 »
The A, B, C notation in the AP/BD column indicates what kind of ordinance you can have inside the specified size grenade.

So a micro grenade filled with class A smoke to signal an extraction point or as a reference point for an air strike does no actual damage but fill one with HE instead and now it hurts people.

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2017, 20:53:32 »
Oh, I see. the ordnance type determines the AP/BD, and those are found on pages 282-283. The ordnance is determined by class A-E: got it.

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2017, 01:47:53 »
I was confused for that too.

Are the costs added toghether, so for instance a grenade costs 10 plus the cost for the grenade type?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2017, 20:01:55 »
Yes.