Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems  (Read 15448 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Reply #360 on: 17 May 2024, 17:19:49 »
I don't know why it would be that shocking. Vancouver isn't a huge sports town. I think it supports the number of teams that it does largely as a function of the size of the city

I disagree

Vancouver is home to:

Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS Soccer)

BC Lions (CFL Football Team)

and at one time, home of the Grizzlies

that's just the Major sports teams, multitude of minor league teams as well

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #361 on: 17 May 2024, 17:28:06 »
It probably also focuses ownership and management minds a bit more if they can't take local interest and revenues for granted. *cough* Toronto

Related, in the NFL, Lions fans kind of did the same thing.  Just stop going to games, stop buying the goods. 

So that's understandable too.

You mean, like Winnipeg?

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #362 on: 17 May 2024, 21:03:17 »
Swayman is going to be haunted by the memory of that rebound for the rest of his life!!!  :evil: :evil:

EDIT:  *hands Hellbie a box of tissues*

cheers,

Gabe
« Last Edit: 17 May 2024, 21:25:43 by gyedid »
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #363 on: 17 May 2024, 21:34:30 »
No more Coyotes.  Bring on the Utah Shakers!

I've heard talk that the ex-'Yotes won't have an actual team name for next season.

If they follow the PWHL format, will the team just be known as "NHL Utah" ???

cheers,

Gabe

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #364 on: 17 May 2024, 21:41:07 »
SLCHC
« Last Edit: Today at 00:05:46 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #365 on: 17 May 2024, 21:42:14 »

Islanders @ Carolina: HELLBIE UPSET SPECIAL! The Canes are a team designed from the keel up to win this time of year, and yet every time I watch them they just feel... off, somewhere. I can't quite put my finger on it- goaltending hasn't been a strong suit, but injury has been a big part of that. Just... something has me looking at them as another past-few-years Oilers team, seemingly fantastic but deeply flawed under the surface. They're not- at least not as openly- but I'm having a lot of trouble looking at them, despite all the firepower, and feeling confident. The Islanders are an openly wretched team with talent but no direction- they've never inspired confidence all year long, and despite the coaching change they still seem adrift most nights- someone will win this, why not make it fun and throw a little chaos into things? New York in seven

Came back to this after seeing the result of Game 6 vs. the Rags.  Actually started wondering about what you said here...with the Oilers, it's that they're basically a one-line pony, with perennial weakness on defense and in the net.  With the 'Canes...they have tough players who play a fast, physical game up and down the lineup.  But who's their McDavid, or MacKinnon...or...Kreider?  Is it more a construction problem, or a coaching problem?

cheers,

Gabe

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #366 on: 17 May 2024, 21:47:05 »
The Leafs have a new bench boss, and as widely speculated for the past couple of weeks, it's Craig Berube:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-hire-craig-berube-as-head-coach/

cheers,

Gabe

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #367 on: 17 May 2024, 22:27:36 »
Poor Craig.  I’m sure he’ll be compensated well at least.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #368 on: Today at 00:36:16 »
The Leafs have a new bench boss, and as widely speculated for the past couple of weeks, it's Craig Berube:
I don't think that will make them a contender, but they won't be playing soft going forward.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #369 on: Today at 07:19:11 »
Update: Eight periods of hockey, both of my teams eliminated. Consensus: That ****** sucked.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #370 on: Today at 08:06:59 »
Last night was probably the last time this season we'll have more than one game a day.   :sad:
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #371 on: Today at 11:39:39 »
Cats over the Rangers and Stars over whoever makes it out of Canada.
I have spoken.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #372 on: Today at 14:47:43 »
Didn’t see that coming for the Avs.  For all the old Detroit/Colorado crap, that’s been long gone.  The face of the old rivalry to me was centered around Lemieux, Roy, and probably Foote or Deadmarsh.  Nobody loved Forsberg anywhere else either, so he doesn’t count lol.  Those were the mugs at the center of the shitstorm to me.  That said, it’s ok for me to recognize a good team.  I had higher expectations of them for damn good reason.

But Dallas is a good hockey team, and proved it again.  Now, will it be enough to take them to the Cup Finals?  Who knows.  Let’s see who rises from the battle in Canada.

Rangers are my horse in the east.  Florida isn’t going to be any easier than Carolina.

« Last Edit: Today at 20:10:15 by rebs »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #373 on: Today at 20:08:32 »
And it's even 1 to 1 after 20 minutes.  How are we feeling tonight, Canucks Nation?

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #374 on: Today at 21:35:22 »
Feels like game 7

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #375 on: Today at 22:14:43 »
Feels like game 7

More than a feeling  :tongue:

Can the Oilers repeat tonight 's performance in the Canucks' barn?

Cheers,

Gabe

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #376 on: Today at 22:42:39 »
More than a feeling  :tongue:

Can the Oilers repeat tonight 's performance in the Canucks' barn?

Cheers,

Gabe

They've taken turns looking absolutely gassed, so maybe both teams will show up for the finale :P