Author Topic: Falcon Guards/Gamma Galaxy question  (Read 756 times)

Xan

• Master Sergeant
Falcon Guards/Gamma Galaxy question
« on: 31 July 2020, 23:13:14 »
When the KS shipping in a few weeks, I am intending to get paint up a star of the Falcon Guards.  Looking at CSO as the guards are always in Camo, so I can pick any camo pattern I want and that will be good (provided I can make the base theme match the camo).  I will probably look at a forest scheme to keep them mostly green.

One thing I am wondering is logo use and placement.  The guards have their own insignia, as does Gamma galaxy as does, and the falcons as a whole.  Is there a pattern to how those insignia's are used across the star or the whole unit?  Looking at my cover to the Jade Phoenix trilogy I see two of the Jade Falcon logos but nothing specific to the guards or gamma galaxy themselves.  Both images are on the Left hand side of the Mech.  Trying to decide what if any decals I should be looking at ordering.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Falcon Guards/Gamma Galaxy question
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2020, 23:59:33 »
Camospecs is your friend! Check the page for Gamma: http://camospecs.com/Unit/Details/538/gamma-galaxy

So appropriate camo with jade trim (unless you're in the whacky 9th Talon).

For logos, I like what DarkMarauder uses as his standard - Jade Falcon logos on each shoulder, or torso side if it sticks out, and a Gamma logo on the right lower leg.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Xan

• Master Sergeant
Re: Falcon Guards/Gamma Galaxy question
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2020, 19:28:26 »
Thank you!