Author Topic: 1e Battleforce (1987) updated stuff?  (Read 2411 times)

jost_ellan

• Recruit
1e Battleforce (1987) updated stuff?
« on: 25 August 2021, 17:21:39 »
Getting my crew excited about the possibility of bigger games than we already play with Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition. Acquired a copy of the old 1987 version of the Battleforce rules.
Figured I'd start the quest to find updated material for it before I start trying to write it.
Is there any resources for updated mech/unit lists or weapon tables or conversion info for units beyond the 3025 content?
Like, I know Clan Invasion happened before BF2, is there anyone that created material to cover that in the '87 era Battleforce game?

To clarify, BF2 is too much like AS:CE for us, and I have fond memories of BF'87 games, and would like to know if there's stuff out there beyond 3025 for it.

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: 1e Battleforce (1987) updated stuff?
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2021, 17:59:42 »
I hope folks here can be more helpful than I was on discord. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2021, 20:41:30 »
For the BF1 feel of lances as the smallest unit, you're going to want Strategic Battleforce in Interstellar Operations.

BF1 was never updated to include advanced technology sadly.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2021, 18:19:29 »
The first thing I ever wrote for BT was a 1st edition Battleforce Clan Invasion supplement on a 286's Basic editor (which very much did not like being treated like a word processor).  Sadly there's no expansion content other than force lists and scenarios--no rules expansions.

I actually inserted some small nods to 1st ed BF in Strategic Battleforce, though overall it's a very different game.  But yeah, as AK says, that's your best modern bet.  Otherwise your only option is homebrewing.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0