Author Topic: Clover Spear, The War of '56 Sourcebook 1 is Done  (Read 2182 times)

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
Clover Spear, The War of '56 Sourcebook 1 is Done
« on: 27 April 2023, 15:28:26 »
Here it is, the long-threatened sourcebook is done. Now you can game out the events of the war in the Tamar March! In the book are the history of the leadup to Clover Spear, the actual offensive, the Wolf Clan Land Grab, the abortive strike on Tamar by Skye separatists, and Operation Varsity Yellow, the birth of Von Strang's Hold.

Volume 2 will cover East Sea/Active Panther (the Capellan front) and Volume 3 the Draconis Combine, Naqqam, and the Nova Cat/Smoke Jaguar War.

Enjoy everyone!

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsNrigVul2qxgohFqX5Ej6q8qHGRqQ?e=2esdeN
Clover Spear author and cat wrangler!
FedCom Fan!

DOC_Agren

• Major
Re: Clover Spear, The War of '56 Sourcebook 1 is Done
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2023, 21:43:52 »
looks interesting but will be until after the weekend until I can give it a good look
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2023, 02:22:41 »
As far as threats go this was a better one to come true.
Shoot first, laugh later.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2023, 15:37:25 »
great book an i am looking forward to the other two.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2023, 16:48:48 »
I totally missed this, I need read it through!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2023, 18:27:15 »
My one qualm is hitting a pirate point ten hours' travel from the planet and still catching the garrison in bed. But that's something that's happened in BT before, so....

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2023, 07:44:36 »
To be fair, they were sleeping off a drunk from Founders Day. And bigger surprises have happened before in history. That said, you do have a point of them being in bed ten hours later....but I suspect even Clan warriors aren't immune to "It's a holiday, let's get smashed out of our minds" at least once a year...and this is Kirsten Redmond we're talking about here. If anyone is going to play the Walter Short/Husband Kimmel/Arthur Percival role in all of this? It's Kirsten Redmond.

I can just see it now:

Redmond in a message to all of her subordinate commanders: "Trothkin, I know chasing guerillas has been tough, that is why I am giving everyone not otherwise on duty a three-day weekend for Founder's Day as it is on a Sunday! I know we are all going to party hard as it has been rough lately. Also, I am ordering all 'Mechs not part of the duty roster put in the 'Mech bays so our Elementals can protect them from sabotage, but the shifts will be modified so everyone gets some time to celebrate our founder. Noone should worry, the Watch has assured me, the freebirths will not hit us on Founder's Day!"

Two days later in a Lyran POW enclosure from a surviving subordinate to Redmond: "The Freebirths will not hit us on Founder's Day, quiaff?"

Redmond's response: "Oh shut up, freebirth."
« Last Edit: 03 October 2023, 08:54:17 by panzerfaust150 »
FedCom Fan!

FastConcentrate8

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2023, 09:49:43 »
The Link is currently giving me trouble. Is this happening to anyone else?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2023, 19:58:04 »
The Link is currently giving me trouble. Is this happening to anyone else?
Try this one, this alternate site for the sourcebook.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2023, 18:47:28 »
Fantastic!  Thanks!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2023, 12:19:22 »
Hi all, have made a slight update to the book, mostly cleaned up some glaring grammatical issues as well as added Alpha Strike cards for the tech readout. (Clan designs without CASE? That's simply heresy, sir!)  :grin:

Work on Volume Two East Sea/Active Panther will begin on the first of the new year, as I have quite a bit of other writing (paying gigs) on my plate. I also have some other authors (not telling yet) dipping their toes into the Clover Spear universe. If you're interested in doing so as well, drop me a line.

FedCom Fan!

Register