Author Topic: (Answered) Re: Collison damage from a high altitude drop.  (Read 1934 times)

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
I had a situation with DarkJaguar and his ingenuity as usual. We had a match that we played where he had a star drop in at high altitude. So when turn 3 came around and they entered the central zone, he places the units overtop mine to land and rolled to stick. Now I called BS cause that's technically an attack and there was no way to show distance travelled to do collision damage. To his benefit though this is also technically an accidental collision as he was betting on scattering.

While I admire his frustrating creative ways around rules, can you clarify how damage is done if some one decides to do this? What if they actually do scatter onto a unit accidently?
« Last Edit: 16 March 2018, 09:21:20 by nckestrel »

Xochi

• Sergeant
Re: Collison damage from a high altitude drop.
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2018, 16:03:23 »
Update: I was able to locate in the dropping troops rule where it states you cannot select a preoccupied location, however still cannot find anywhere about collision damage if you land on a unit accidently.

Xochi

• Sergeant
(Answered) (Errata) Re: Collison damage from a high altitude drop.
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2018, 16:42:50 »
Update: It was kindly pointed out that:

There is the quote in AS on page 90:

If a dropped unit lands on top of another
    unit’s position, however, the controlling player may simply move
    the dropping unit to the nearest unoccupied (and legal) terrain to
    this landing point.

The issue remains that it says may not must. So what if they do not wish to move to the nearest area?
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 16:56:44 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2018, 16:56:26 »
There is no stacking in Alpha Strike.  The unit should be placed as near as possible, but not directly on another unit.
If they really do not wish, remove the unit from the board. :) They are not legally allowed to stack. 
Working on the necessary errata.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Xochi

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2018, 16:59:32 »
Thank you very much for this clarification!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
The errata has been posted.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register