Author Topic: Looking for group in Central Maryland  (Read 117501 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Looking for group in Central Maryland
« Reply #810 on: 25 May 2020, 14:02:00 »
Cool... we'll be looking for you when things are open again...  :thumbsup:

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
« Reply #811 on: 03 June 2020, 09:09:20 »
And I am back now, have game space and just need players.  21502 is my zipcode.
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

Scraphound

• Recruit
« Reply #812 on: 10 January 2022, 14:24:49 »
Hey everyone.  How's it going?  I was trying to get into Battletech a couple years ago but then, y'know, the plague hit. 

I'm in Towson (21286) these days and I would love, love, love to join a mercenary campaign.  I'm planning to paint at least one lance of mercs just for fun and it would be great to see them on the tabletop. 

I've only played two games, and they were a while ago, so I'm still very much a greenhorn.  Hit me up if you're looking for players in your area.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #813 on: 10 January 2022, 18:43:33 »
With Omicron in the air, I'm afraid it's going to be a while before there's much going on locally...  :-\

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #814 on: 10 January 2022, 22:23:27 »
Hey everyone.  How's it going?  I was trying to get into Battletech a couple years ago but then, y'know, the plague hit. 

I'm in Towson (21286) these days and I would love, love, love to join a mercenary campaign.  I'm planning to paint at least one lance of mercs just for fun and it would be great to see them on the tabletop. 

I've only played two games, and they were a while ago, so I'm still very much a greenhorn.  Hit me up if you're looking for players in your area.

Not sure how close you are to Glen Burnie or Ellicott City, but those are within striking distance of me.  If you free a weekend, give me a heads up and I'll bring my toys.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Scraphound

• Recruit
« Reply #815 on: 11 January 2022, 01:05:00 »
I'm fairly close.   But on second thought I probably should wait a bit longer due to Omicron.

I will keep you in mind and reach out in the future, though. 

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #816 on: 13 February 2022, 13:10:53 »
So I recently go acquainted with a game store in a mall called "Tables and Towers" in Westminster, MD.  Not sure how convenient that is for people, but they don't charge to play on game tables.  If anyone is interested in gaming there some time, lemme know.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #817 on: 13 February 2022, 13:46:28 »
NORTH of Baltimore??  :o

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #818 on: 13 February 2022, 14:26:38 »
NORTH of Baltimore??  :o

It took me about an hour and 45 minutes to get there.  Not too much longer a drive than to Games and Stuff.  Not saying i'd go there every opportunity, but its close enough for me to keep an ear to the ground for any events.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #819 on: 13 February 2022, 14:27:06 »
Also, does anyone plan on attending Historicon in Lancaster, PA this year?

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #820 on: 13 February 2022, 14:35:48 »
yeah, Westminster is a pretty clear shot, if 29 north is merciful.

I don't have much in the way of plans, merely intentions. Acclimating to the new job, don't know enough yet to plan days off (which I'd tend to use for historicon)
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #821 on: 13 February 2022, 14:53:57 »
Your old employer finally failed you?  ???

Paul

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #822 on: 13 February 2022, 14:55:17 »
that's one interpretation of events...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #823 on: 13 February 2022, 14:57:49 »
Touché, good sir!  :)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #824 on: 16 February 2022, 11:38:46 »

I might try to attend for a day or two, it's close enough that day trips aren't unreasonable. Which days depends on when/if BT games are running.

I'm hoping to get some games together soon, now that numbers are back to more reasonable levels. There's been a request for an Alpha Strike game at Bel Air Games, and I've been hoping to run a Grinder at Titan Games in Lutherville, to support their continued stocking of BT product. More details on dates when I have them.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Paul

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #825 on: 16 February 2022, 20:28:33 »
There's a game store in Timonium? Used to live there. Neat.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #826 on: 16 February 2022, 23:44:12 »

I am pretty sure Iron Wind Metals will be at Historicon. I have to talk to the guys who run the booth. I normally coordinate the BT events at Historicon and need to figure out what will be done there. It might just be on a smaller scale than in the past.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #827 on: 16 February 2022, 23:52:35 »
I am pretty sure Iron Wind Metals will be at Historicon. I have to talk to the guys who run the booth. I normally coordinate the BT events at Historicon and need to figure out what will be done there. It might just be on a smaller scale than in the past.

Ahh!  Just the person I was looking to talk to.  I can run something at Historicon if need be.  I've got a Trinary of Wolf Empire mechs, a company of RotS vehicles and a company of Hastati Sentinels professionally painted up and had an idea of the Wolf Empire assaulting a super heavy mech factory on Devil's Rock.

I also have a couple of WoB level IIs that a guy i know is painting that are almost done.   So I could run a Jihad scenario as well.

At the very least I can help run something someone else has planned.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #828 on: 17 February 2022, 10:21:31 »
There's a game store in Timonium? Used to live there. Neat.

And a good one. Well run, well stocked, plenty of (free, open) play space. Right off I-83.

Glad to hear it. I'll keep an eye out for game postings - not sure I can commit to GMing one, I could maybe pitch in on a grinder table if a second one is needed.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #829 on: 17 February 2022, 18:04:34 »
I'm SO amused by the fact there's a town called "Timonium"... a D&D GM I played under named his campaign that (yes, his name was "Tim", and yes, he's still a friend of mine!)...  ;D

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #830 on: 17 February 2022, 21:51:50 »
Ahh!  Just the person I was looking to talk to.  I can run something at Historicon if need be.  I've got a Trinary of Wolf Empire mechs, a company of RotS vehicles and a company of Hastati Sentinels professionally painted up and had an idea of the Wolf Empire assaulting a super heavy mech factory on Devil's Rock.

I also have a couple of WoB level IIs that a guy i know is painting that are almost done.   So I could run a Jihad scenario as well.

At the very least I can help run something someone else has planned.

Send me a PM so we can talk about it.

Register