Author Topic: Five 100 Tonners  (Read 81227 times)

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
  • You messed with the wrong fast food CEO.....
Five 100 Tonners
« on: 29 August 2011, 13:19:00 »
Okay, I'm trying to create the ultimate star UNDER THESE CONDITIONS:

1: All five mechs HAVE to be 100 tonners

2: Keep in mind that all five pilots are ELITE pilots, not Green, Regular, or Veteran. ELITE baby (ooh-rah!).

3: The Marauder II Bounty Hunter and the Dire Wolf (Daishi) Widomaker are AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED, because they are so freaking awesome. And piloted by Elite mechwarriors make them that much more awesome.

4: If you have to know, the star that this is under is Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

5: The stars fighting strategy is three brawlers/harrassers, and two snipers. (The Marauder II Bounty Hunter is one of the snipers)

6: The commander of this star has a 1/1 piloting skill/gunnery, the best out there. So please save the best 100 tonner for him. He's also one of the brawler/harrassers.

7: Lastly, there CANNOT be more than one of the same mech in this star, they all have to be different.

I know these are VERY difficult conditions, but its to get everyone thinking. I'd like to hear your thoughts, I know you have them. :) Good luck!
"Is it better to be feared, or respected? And I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark, Iron Man

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Five 100 Tonners
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2011, 13:36:32 »
The WiE wouldn't be fielding that many 100 tonners together, and they wouldn't have access to the Marauder II Bounty Hunter, that's a one-off custom design.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2011, 13:42:32 »
The WiE wouldn't be fielding that many 100 tonners together, and they wouldn't have access to the Marauder II Bounty Hunter, that's a one-off custom design.

This.

Now that we've gotten Canon out of the way, I nominate Gausszilla from Op. Klondike. and the Schwerer Gustav for artillery support off the map.

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2011, 13:45:05 »
There's always isorla. Listen man, screw reality in this thread. Lets just imagine for a moment. And I already told you that the Marauder II Bounty Hunter is automatically included. Too bad so sad. Sometimes fantasy is more fun. So lets just take what we got and run with it. The Widowmaker and the Bounty Hunter are already in, I wanna know what the other three are.
"Is it better to be feared, or respected? And I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark, Iron Man

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2011, 13:47:09 »
This.

Now that we've gotten Canon out of the way, I nominate Gausszilla from Op. Klondike. and the Schwerer Gustav for artillery support off the map.
No bro. Gausszilla isn't canon. Sorry, I should've added this condition as well. I'm sorry I failed to do so. But these mechs HAVE to be canon mechs. I want it to be realistic to a certain extent, otherwise I would've created my own Clan that would rule a million universes, but thats pretty stupid. I want it to be THAT realistic. Also, this is in the Dark Ages era.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2011, 13:49:02 by Mechwarriorfreak »

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2011, 13:51:02 »
Try this on: Fafnir command mech, with 2 Devastator DVS-2s, and 2 Thunder hawkTDK-7S.

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2011, 13:51:37 »
Another thing, don't forget that the commander has 1/1 skill gunnery, the rest have a 1/2 skill gunnery. And these guys are a bunch of Natasha Kerenskys grouped together. The WiE would have enough confidence to have only five 100 tonners together like that.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2011, 13:52:55 »
Operation Klondike is Canon. And one could see someone putting together a Gausszilla. Though I guess as a stand-in the Annihilator C 2 is also useable.

I'm partial to the Dire Wolf S. As well as the Bane (all models).

As for the piloting... Natasha was a 0/0. So not as badass as her.

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2011, 13:53:49 »
Try this on: Fafnir command mech, with 2 Devastator DVS-2s, and 2 Thunder hawkTDK-7S.
Keep in mind that clan tech is allowed lol. But thats not bad. Although excluding the fafnir, the rest of the mechs are mostly snipers. This is in the Dark Age era too.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2011, 13:54:03 »
No bro. Gausszilla isn't canon.

Page 173 of Historical: Operation KLONDIKE disagrees with you.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 29 August 2011, 13:54:27 »
Operation Klondike is Canon. And one could see someone putting together a Gausszilla. Though I guess as a stand-in the Annihilator C 2 is also useable.

I'm partial to the Dire Wolf S. As well as the Bane (all models).

As for the piloting... Natasha was a 0/0. So not as badass as her.
Where does it say that she was a 0/0?

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 29 August 2011, 13:55:22 »
LOL dude I'm not talking about Operation Klondike. I KNOW thats canon. I'm talking about the Gausszilla mech.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2011, 13:55:57 »
...which is mentioned on the page I referenced.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2011, 13:58:11 »
LOL dude I'm not talking about Operation Klondike. I KNOW thats canon. I'm talking about the Gausszilla mech.

*facepalm*

Go read the book.  Gausszilla is in there.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2011, 13:58:30 »
Dude I'm sorry, I was thinking of another mech that was actually named Gausszilla. But yes I remember now. The Annihilator Gausszilla IS canon. Sure, that can be included. It would make an EXCELLENT sniper. Good call. ;)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2011, 14:00:32 »
Where does it say that she was a 0/0?

More tales of the Black Widow, possibly the Falcon and the Wolf too.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2011, 14:01:01 »
Then again, what if the mech runs into ammunition trouble? It does deliver a total of 75 points of damage, which is incredible, but its entirely dependent on ammunition.

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2011, 14:03:34 »
More tales of the Black Widow, possibly the Falcon and the Wolf too.
So are you saying that 1/2 skill gunnery isn't good enough for a star of 100 tonners?

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #18 on: 29 August 2011, 14:08:07 »
Since you're going "screw reality" why don't you just make a custom 'Mech with four Clan ERPPC "I win" buttons and the heat sinks to use all four every turn and still stay cool running?

Oh wait, someone already did that and made it canon.  It's called the Hellstar...
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2011, 14:08:17 »
It would make an EXCELLENT sniper.
No it wouldn't.  It can't get anywhere.  It can't go up hills or turn very quickly.  Sure, if you're playing on a perfectly flat, open, map it'll put out horrendous firepower, but put it in mixed terrain with any sort of a jumper, and it'll have pretty massive problems right out of the gate.

It bears worth noting, that the "ultimate star" could very well not include 100 tonners and be better.  I would match your Gausszillz with a Turky B any day of the week.  Also, it's hard to talk about the "ultimate star" when all of your pilots are elite.  A mech armed with nothing but Heavy Large Lasers gets to be pretty awesome when you stick an elite pilot in there.  Five clan-tech, 100 tonners, with elite pilots will be pretty awesome regardless of what mechs you are using.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2011, 14:10:35 »
So are you saying that 1/2 skill gunnery isn't good enough for a star of 100 tonners?

Nah, I'm saying Natasha is a 0/0...
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2011, 14:12:26 »
No it wouldn't.  It can't get anywhere.  It can't go up hills or turn very quickly.  Sure, if you're playing on a perfectly flat, open, map it'll put out horrendous firepower, but put it in mixed terrain with any sort of a jumper, and it'll have pretty massive problems right out of the gate.

It bears worth noting, that the "ultimate star" could very well not include 100 tonners and be better.  I would match your Gausszillz with a Turky B any day of the week.  Also, it's hard to talk about the "ultimate star" when all of your pilots are elite.  A mech armed with nothing but Heavy Large Lasers gets to be pretty awesome when you stick an elite pilot in there.  Five clan-tech, 100 tonners, with elite pilots will be pretty awesome regardless of what mechs you are using.
Ummmm, what do you mean by Turky? Listen people don't look good on this site if they try to shorten words to sound cool, if you know what I mean. But anyway, if you're talking about a Turkina, THATS NOT A 100 TONNER FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!! And besides, the Gausszilla isn't the ONLY mech it'll be up against. lol My guess is you haven't read all of the conditions have you?  ;D

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2011, 14:14:06 »
Nah, I'm saying Natasha is a 0/0...
Okay you've proved your point.  ;D So I'm wrong. Anyway, this is still an awesome ensemble of skill. So I wanna know what YOU think, above all other people, about my opening comment to this thread. ;)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2011, 14:17:06 »
Then again, what if the mech runs into ammunition trouble? It does deliver a total of 75 points of damage, which is incredible, but its entirely dependent on ammunition.

With a 0 Gunner, chances are it's going to run out of targets before it runs out of ammo.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 29 August 2011, 14:18:22 »
Okay you've proved your point.  ;D So I'm wrong. Anyway, this is still an awesome ensemble of skill. So I wanna know what YOU think, above all other people, about my opening comment to this thread. ;)

"5 100 ton clan machines with elite pilots"

"Awesome ensemble of skill"

I know people have been ragging on you MWF, but I'm just saying this star is pretty much "easy mode" with no skill required. I guess if you're playing BV2 with no FSM your opponent can probably bring a few companies of mechs though :D

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 29 August 2011, 14:18:57 »
With a 0 Gunner, chances are it's going to run out of targets before it runs out of ammo.
But then again, GreyWolfAcutal brought up a very good point. What about mobility? 32 km/h for a sniper? Isn't that a little fake?

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 29 August 2011, 14:20:59 »
"5 100 ton clan machines with elite pilots"

"Awesome ensemble of skill"

I know people have been ragging on you MWF, but I'm just saying this star is pretty much "easy mode" with no skill required. I guess if you're playing BV2 with no FSM your opponent can probably bring a few companies of mechs though :D
So are you saying that elite pilots in 100 tonners doesn't prove skill at all? Thats a good point, considering they are the biggest, baddest mechs. The ones that make any pilot look good. But are you saying that it doesn't really prove skill that much?

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #27 on: 29 August 2011, 14:22:03 »
Ummmm, what do you mean by Turky? Listen people don't look good on this site if they try to shorten words to sound cool, if you know what I mean. But anyway, if you're talking about a Turkina, THATS NOT A 100 TONNER FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!! And besides, the Gausszilla isn't the ONLY mech it'll be up against. lol My guess is you haven't read all of the conditions have you?  ;D

Calm down. He never suggested the Turkina for your ultimate elite uber star of doom. He said he'd gladly fight your star using a Turkina B as one of the 'Mechs in his.

My guess is that you haven't really read his post, have you?

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 29 August 2011, 14:26:05 »
Calm down. He never suggested the Turkina for your ultimate elite uber star of doom. He said he'd gladly fight your star using a Turkina B as one of the 'Mechs in his.

My guess is that you haven't really read his post, have you?
I'm sorry, really I am. I'm just so frustrated with all these people telling me about how this won't work and that won't work. Thats all they do in these forums! They criticize my discussions rather than give me ideas of how to make them better. How do you think that makes me feel? Is it because I'm a Clan WiE supporter? Save that for another thread!

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • I really am bad at letting go.
« Reply #29 on: 29 August 2011, 14:26:37 »
Since you're going "screw reality" why don't you just make a custom 'Mech with four Clan ERPPC "I win" buttons and the heat sinks to use all four every turn and still stay cool running?

Oh wait, someone already did that and made it canon.  It's called the Hellstar...
Hellstar's only 95 tons. It's too light to be a 'Mech. Obligatory HOGARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register