Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172138 times)

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #360 on: 07 February 2019, 15:58:31 »
ECM can be countered by ECM, see rules. Took someone long enough.

Except that I had active ECM in the fight from the Loki, which I had mentioned to the GM, and it had no effect

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #361 on: 07 February 2019, 16:03:25 »
Same here, but my ECM was being operated by someone with intelligence training.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #362 on: 07 February 2019, 16:48:37 »
You may have had it, and it might even been on, but did you declare that you were using it as ECCM and how close to the raven did you get? It makes a difference
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #363 on: 07 February 2019, 18:12:33 »
Quote from: ObnoxiousTwerp  =topic=61496.msg1480117#msg1480117 date=1549573111
Except that I had active ECM in the fight from the Loki, which I had mentioned to the GM, and it had no effect

Yes you said you ECM was on in standard mode and did not change to counter ECM.

Same here, but my ECM was being operated by someone with intelligence training.

Also never said anything about going to counter ECM.

You may have had it, and it might even been on, but did you declare that you were using it as ECCM and how close to the raven did you get? It makes a difference

These are all the major points.
Players must inform the GM about how you are using you toys. ::)

Also the big thing was all the E-toys did not close with that lance. You had a binary of clan toys messing with your day  >:D

Do keep in mind that I did inform all that the Raven get a bit extra as the 35 ton toy gives up 7.5 tons to e-toys.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #364 on: 07 February 2019, 19:42:29 »
I didn't mind, I was too busy shooting at you know "stuff". :D

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
« Reply #365 on: 08 February 2019, 07:54:54 »
Iron born, could you modify those orders regarding the complete destruction of the Raven?  It could be useful to us. If it a choice between escape and total destruction, choose destruction. But it is possible that we could use its communication systems to trick the Black Dragons and White Robes into fighting each other.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Come get sum, saith the Raven.
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #366 on: 08 February 2019, 16:04:56 »
Soon, you will jam us...Nevermore.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #367 on: 10 February 2019, 08:18:33 »
I have an idea for our little Blakist/Black Dragon problem- a false flag operation.  Specifically, I'd like to spark conflict between them by attacking the Black Dragons masquerading as Wobbies. Ogremage has an Exterminator that has only been seen by the WOB.  He could go in with the mimetic armor activated.  Once he has been detected, the Hussar (just within communications distance) will send copies of the transmissions that the WOB forces that we tangled with used to communicate with each other, to the Exterminator.  That will be when all of our Arrow IV equipped forces launch an artillery strike against the Black Dragon enclave, while our forces in the field peel off for air-evac.  After artillery forces fire four salvos, they are air-evacuated as well.  If all goes well, the Dragons will think that they have been targeted by the WOB.
What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #368 on: 10 February 2019, 15:05:08 »
mission for the exterminator with only a hussar for back up. :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #369 on: 10 February 2019, 16:11:52 »
It has mimetic armor which will make it really difficult to track.  The artillery barrage will provide a huge distraction for any pursuers. Your mech is faster than many designs out there. Unfortunately, we don't have much in the way of Blakist-used designs.

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
« Reply #370 on: 11 February 2019, 12:09:14 »
I have an idea for our little Blakist/Black Dragon problem- a false flag operation.  Specifically, I'd like to spark conflict between them by attacking the Black Dragons masquerading as Wobbies. Ogremage has an Exterminator that has only been seen by the WOB.  He could go in with the mimetic armor activated.  Once he has been detected, the Hussar (just within communications distance) will send copies of the transmissions that the WOB forces that we tangled with used to communicate with each other, to the Exterminator.  That will be when all of our Arrow IV equipped forces launch an artillery strike against the Black Dragon enclave, while our forces in the field peel off for air-evac.  After artillery forces fire four salvos, they are air-evacuated as well.  If all goes well, the Dragons will think that they have been targeted by the WOB.

Ohhhhhhh I make special won ton soup for you...
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #371 on: 11 February 2019, 20:27:10 »
If there's too much MSG in it, we'll drop a nuke.  ;)

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #372 on: 14 February 2019, 02:56:01 »

When rats infest the palace, a lame cat is better than the swiftest horse.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #373 on: 14 February 2019, 16:09:22 »
Your point is a rare display of poetic eloquence, shrouded in the mists of metaphor and literary delight.
To whom was it addressed?

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #374 on: 15 February 2019, 17:28:19 »

Proverbs Riddles
Riddles Proverbs

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #375 on: 17 February 2019, 16:52:12 »
When are those Skimmer hovercraft due on-world?  I have a mini.  https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64424.0

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #376 on: 21 February 2019, 19:49:59 »
Dawn, this is a reminder to get the minor clans done and give a copy to Anthony. Your holding up  the progress of the Arkab Harib pulling the Governor's ass out of the hot seat and saving the planet for the Draconis Combine single handedly. :D

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #377 on: 26 February 2019, 02:50:29 »

English is a language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages, and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

J Lencre

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #378 on: 26 February 2019, 16:28:09 »
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right".
          -Mark Twain

"That's why I have a PPC."
          -Lieutenant Niobe Tan
« Last Edit: 26 February 2019, 16:33:31 by jimdigris »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #379 on: 26 February 2019, 18:16:49 »
So Mr. Game Master, do we have an update on when the next game is? ???

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #380 on: 26 February 2019, 18:18:51 »
So Mr. Game Master, do we have an update on when the next game is? ???

End if April if things go the way I want them too

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #381 on: 27 February 2019, 13:37:29 »
Hilo TV3 News
Today the city manager of Hilo and the new head of Buki LTD announced a benefit concert.
This event will see most of the funds go to the rebuilding effort here in Hilo.
This event will be held on the grounds of Buki’s facility just outside of Hilo.
All the groups that are performing at this event are new young acts.
The groups are
The Dreamers
Fox’s Elementals
Total Tempest
Metal Mon-stars
Base Nova

The Dakuu-orianyusu (Dark Warrior News)
Citizens of Nejiro the Dragon need you to see past the false words of those that are in charge. They are not looking out for you or the Dragon. When pressed they make up stories of what is happening on this world. They find ways to distract you with flash and fanfare. Good people of Nijero you are of the Dragon and do not need such things and will see them for what they are, NOTHING. Brothers and sisters of the Dragon you have friends that are here to help. They are for us not themselves. Reach out to them, welcome them.

Shin no wadopuresu (True Word Press)
People of Nejiro you face many problems here out in the periphery. You have made a good life here and now others are looking to take that from you. The government brings mercenary troops to “protect you”, but are they? They tell the stories of pirates and out siders that bring all this death and destruction. They are the only ones that have the information and they point to others. Funny how it works out this way.

WNN News Update
Today government security personal informed us that all the people of Nejiro need to be alert as we have outside forces looking to destabilize our world. These people want us to fight among ourselves so they can take what we have worked so hard to make for ourselves and those that will come after.

Sentinel News Update
Today Keiji Sugai announced that he is starting a new firm that will be looking to producing the Holly Long Range 15 missile system here on Nejiro. He informed us that with luck production should start in six months.

HBC News Update
Questions. So many questions. Soon we will get some answers. This news group has been given the opportunity to ask questions of the commanders of the forces that have been working on world. Next time out you will get to see both the questions and the answers.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #382 on: 27 February 2019, 13:38:56 »
keep an eye on your messages as you will be getting questions for you PR crew.

Please PM me back your responses.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #383 on: 27 February 2019, 15:58:53 »
On that note, I will designate Captain Quintin Bonanno and Sergeant Dejah Rey as PR contacts.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #384 on: 27 February 2019, 19:53:35 »
On that note, I will designate Captain Quintin Bonanno and Sergeant Dejah Rey as PR contacts.

All I will want on the return is your answers and who did the sit down

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #385 on: 27 February 2019, 23:55:30 »

The Dakuu-orianyusu (Dark Warrior News)
Citizens of Nejiro the Dragon need you to see past the false words of those that are in charge. They are not looking out for you or the Dragon. When pressed they make up stories of what is happening on this world. They find ways to distract you with flash and fanfare. Good people of Nijero you are of the Dragon and do not need such things and will see them for what they are, NOTHING. Brothers and sisters of the Dragon you have friends that are here to help. They are for us not themselves. Reach out to them, welcome them.

do we know who is transmitting these statements? is it a true news station? if these are rouge transmissions can we trace them to find their source and devise a plan to silence them?

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #386 on: 28 February 2019, 00:01:34 »

well we really cant set a trap like this without knowing where they are, when/if the black dragons base of operations is discovered we may want to do a more direct attack

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #387 on: 28 February 2019, 00:22:54 »
HBC News Update
Questions. So many questions. Soon we will get some answers. This news group has been given the opportunity to ask questions of the commanders of the forces that have been working on world. Next time out you will get to see both the questions and the answers.

commanders to be interviewed?

i thought we were going to form a public relations team to handle interviews and our public image.

did anyone else think that my suggestion to do this was good? none have responded

i do not know if kiah would interview well she would have to check with the governor before doing such a thing and she would have to be prepped for it properly

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #388 on: 28 February 2019, 12:04:50 »
well we really cant set a trap like this without knowing where they are, when/if the black dragons base of operations is discovered we may want to do a more direct attack

These are on-line news

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #389 on: 28 February 2019, 12:19:02 »
OK people the questions are sent. when you can answer them and send them back.