Author Topic: Roleplay resources with out Mechs  (Read 3029 times)

spacewolflord

• Corporal
  • Been one since Second
Roleplay resources with out Mechs
« on: 06 September 2011, 19:32:42 »
Ok I was wondering where would be a good place to look for information on how to run a game that focuses on...
Battle Armors
Ground Vehicals and VTOLs
Aerospace Fighters.

Any help would be great.
The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

Korsar

• Corporal
  • Meet Demi-Precentor Kingslay
Re: Roleplay resources with out Mechs
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2011, 02:54:32 »
That's a little bit difficult and I'm not quite sure what you mean...

If you mean in BT, I don't think there really are CGL-related Ressources without Mechs. The things you mention are all integrated into the bigger game.
My first stop would be A Time of War (AToW), since it has the rules for roleplaying itself and a ruleset for a skirmish-tabletop (were you can integrate Mechs, but don't have to). Take a look at www.scrapyardarmory.com for some more information and After Action Reports.

3067: Demi-Precentor Jack "Korsar" Kingslay, 22nd Propaganda Detachment, WoB

spacewolflord

• Corporal
  • Been one since Second
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2011, 17:36:43 »
So there is no information on running just a Battletech RPG without using Mechs as the focus.  I thought there would be something but I can live with out.  Well the only thing really is to remember send PC after similar vehicles and save mechs for big 'scary' battles.
Thanks anyway for the help.
The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2011, 13:01:32 »
While, yes, the game is geared more toward the 'Mechs, you can run the game with as much or as little hardware as you want.  A friend mine ran a game for almost a year where we were a Spec Ops squad of infantry.  The most advanced tech we regularly used was (P)AL suits.

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2011, 13:06:53 »
So there is no information on running just a Battletech RPG without using Mechs as the focus.  I thought there would be something but I can live with out.  Well the only thing really is to remember send PC after similar vehicles and save mechs for big 'scary' battles.
Thanks anyway for the help.

ATOW has lots of information that's not about mechs and there's a companion coming up soon.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Register