Author Topic: It's a FIASCO!  (Read 2840 times)

Korsar

• Corporal
  • Meet Demi-Precentor Kingslay
It's a FIASCO!
« on: 04 April 2013, 03:00:36 »
Okay, who knows FIASCO? You can skip down do my question  :D

Everybody else: I think it's easiest to quote the blurb from the back of the book
Quote from: FIASCO
Fiasco is a game inspired by films like "Blood Simple", "Fargo" and "A Simple Plan". During a Session you and your friends will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations that exist at the darkly comic intersection of greed, fear and lust. It's like making your own Coen brothers movie - in about the same amount of time it'd take to watch one.

It's basically a GM-less roleplaying game were everybody creates a character and his relationship to the characters next to him. An interesting actual play example is provided by Will Wheatons "Tabletop" (watchable here)

So, the Con-Season is kicking off soon here in Germany and this year me and my friends host a few  games. Normally I'm the guy who sometimes provides ATOW-coverage. This year I decided to do something different: I'm making a FIASCO-playset. I hope that it will get more players to join, as there isn't as much learning of a new ruleset involved (if you can tell it, normally, you can do it) and you get to create your own character.

Here is what I got so far

Relationships

1 Family
1 Parent-In-Law / Brother or Daughter-In-Law
2 Cousins or uncle / aunt and niece / nephew
3 Siblings
4 Parent / child or step-child
5 Grandparent / grandchildren
6 Brothers in arms

2 Work
1 Officer and subordinate
2 Tech and Mechwarrior
3 Salesman and customer
4 Professor and student

3 Friends
1 Old buddies
2 Friends with benefits
3 Friendly rivals

4 Romance
1 Former spouses
2 Current Spouses
3 Arranged marriage
4 One-time fling
5 Lovers
6 Former lovers

5 Crime
1 Corrupt offical / local big shot
2 Ne'er-do-wells
3 Gambler / bookie
4 Spies

6 Community
1 Noblemen
2 Civic Volunteers
3 (former) Solaris VII pilots
4 Military / citizen

...on Solaris VII.

This is only the first part, but as you can see, there are still a few holes in it... I would like your opinions on this, and, if possible, a few suggestions on how to fill the blanks.

3067: Demi-Precentor Jack "Korsar" Kingslay, 22nd Propaganda Detachment, WoB