Author Topic: Grinder in Lawton/Ft.Sill, Oklahoma 1.12.14 Pic heavy  (Read 1504 times)

shop1ift

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • The Word will set you free.
Grinder in Lawton/Ft.Sill, Oklahoma 1.12.14 Pic heavy
« on: 13 January 2014, 16:23:36 »
Held a second grinder (probably last grinder-style match I run for a while, looking to get into campaign play now) at Carolina Comics. Had an even larger turnout than last time with 8 people (9 counting myself) playing.  The store has also expanded their inventory of Battletech merchandise and has asked if I'd consider running events more often. I must admit I'm a little surprised with the amount of interest that has been generated so quickly. But rather than look a gift horse in the mouth, ON TO THE PICTURES!

We had 2 players actually survive in the starter light mechs the entirety of the match  (about 5 hours). One was a Jenner, the other a Panther. I mixed in a few WOB mechs to spice it up, and everytime one of those came on the board, there was a concerted effort to kill it before anything else. Much fun was had, and had a few first-time players express interest in the upcoming box set. As before I wish to express my thanks to Faithless, who once again made the 90 mile drive to play with a bunch of strangers.

Catalyst Demo Agent #633
Carolina Comics, Lawton/Ft. Sill, Ok.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: Grinder in Lawton/Ft.Sill, Oklahoma 1.12.14 Pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2014, 21:08:24 »
Thanks for organizing it. I figure we are past being strangers at this point. We have played together at least 4 times now lol. Being my hometown it is not a stretch to sneak a game in while visiting.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

shop1ift

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • The Word will set you free.
Re: Grinder in Lawton/Ft.Sill, Oklahoma 1.12.14 Pic heavy
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2014, 22:24:29 »
They say you only really get to know a person once you've fought him in a giant walking robot...  ;D

Catalyst Demo Agent #633
Carolina Comics, Lawton/Ft. Sill, Ok.

Register