Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 61870 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
This thread is for all error reports and suggestions for the MUL online database, as found at:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/

Some notes - read before posting:

- How do I log in to the MUL?  You can't.  The login is only for site administrators.
 - As this covers suggestions as well as errors, some discussion is allowed in this thread.  However, we want to limit it to between the people giving feedback and the MUL team responding to them, not general discussion among fans.  Please make your own feedback, not reply to others.
 - Virtually all units now have Dark Age availability except the Homeworld Clans, some units we know little about, and "fate unknown" units like the Black Widow mechs from Wolf and Blake.  Note that a RAT review is currently in progress.
 - Corrections not touching on the above are welcome.  However, please provide a page number and/or direct quote to support your case.  "Faction X should have this because I said so" is less than helpful and will likely be ignored.
 - If you have corrections for a unit entry, include a direct MUL link to the unit in question in your report.
 - If it's a BV or Alpha Strike stat correction, please enclose or attach your entire calculation and how you made it (by hand, SSW, MML, etc; include version number of any software used).
 - Project announcements have been split off into a separate thread, found here:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/master-unit-list-mul-announcement-thread/

Please keep your posts concise and polite.  Posts that do not follow these rules will be deleted.  Thank you.

WHAT IS THE MUL?
- The Master Unit List is a free product that contains the latest Battle Values, Alpha Strike stats, faction availabilities, and introduction dates for as many units in BattleTech as we can manage.

- The MUL is official and fully canonical.  At the same time, it's a living document, continually being updated to best reflect all available sources.

- If a unit appears on the MUL, then it exists.  This does not mean that said unit will ever see its stats published.

- That something is not on the MUL does not mean it doesn't exist.  Not every factory, vehicle, and handgun in the universe has been documented, nor will they ever be.  The MUL is what we know to date: what has been documented in canon. 

- Unlike the MUL, Sarna.net is not a canon source.  If Sarna lists a unit and the MUL doesn't, then the MUL is most likely correct (though we certainly do make mistakes, which this thread is here to collect and correct).  The MUL has access to internal information that Sarna does not.

Previous Threads:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/master-unit-list-mul-feedback-thread-iii-read-the-first-post/
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/master-unit-list-(mul)-feedback-thread-ii-read-the-first-post/
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 04:59:43 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2023, 22:25:51 »
Just cause it’s the newest RAT

The Corax (both Omni and standard C variant) as well as the Wusun appear multiple times on the RasDom aerospace RATs in DD. Any chance of them getting added
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

CJKeys

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Defend this house!
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2023, 00:34:30 »
Buraq Battle Armor mix up

I was looking at Buraq BA today, and noticed something.
4 man squad lists as 18 points, damage of 2/0/0, and A/S of 1/2
5 man squad lists as 16 points, Damage of 1/0/0, and A/S of 1/2

I feel like these are backwards.
"Now sit down, shut up, and let us Davions do what we do best: kill people we think aren't free enough." - Reaver

danilapal

• Recruit

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2023, 15:17:49 »
Is there a reason the Wusun was not given to the RasDom in the ilClan era? It’s ~20% of all rolls
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2023, 15:19:04 »
because we considered the Corax and not the Wusun yet. stay tuned

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Haveatya

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2023, 14:54:20 »
Will we see the Ares Apollo added to MUL? It was released before the last few Rec Guides but hasn't shown up yet.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2023, 15:20:34 »
Will we see the Ares Apollo added to MUL? It was released before the last few Rec Guides but hasn't shown up yet.

Ah, that slipped through. Expect to see it added today.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2023, 07:14:54 »
Would it be possible to add a filter that brings up just the units in a particular CGL miniatures Lance or Star Pack?
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2023, 08:37:59 »
While it would be a fair amount of work, a Box Set/ForcePack category would be nice. Rather convenient for me as well, if only because I already steer newbies to the MUL as is. The one downside I see is that if it does in fact work like existing TRO/RS categories, the system won't work with models that exist in multiple boxes.

Honestly, even if it's hidden having an "Other TROs" category or the ability to define multiple TRO/RS sources for single models would be great, but I know that in itself would be a lot of work and risks breaking things.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #10 on: 14 March 2023, 08:41:45 »
Honestly, even if it's hidden having an "Other TROs"

while this is something that would be useful, it's not in our structural capabilities

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2023, 08:59:18 »
On a more immediately-resolvable note, the Raptor II RPT-2X and RPT-2X1 both point to TRO: Jihad. TRO: Jihad (rather bafflingly) only covers the Republic-era RPT-3X. The 2X and 2X1 should still point to JS:BD.
Poke's Aerospace Academy

"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2023, 05:32:50 »
There is an entry in the MUL for Star Dagger (Unknown) based on the reference in TRO 3039.  Since then, an actual TRO spread and Record Sheet for the Star Dagger S-2 was produced in XTRO Retrotech, for which there is a separate entry in the MUL.  I reckon that the Star Dagger (Unknown) entry is now obsolete.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2023, 18:26:12 »
Re: Sartris' latest post in the announcement thread:

So... who DOES have access to the Hastati V infantry? ???

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2023, 19:15:38 »
On a more immediately-resolvable note, the Raptor II RPT-2X and RPT-2X1 both point to TRO: Jihad. TRO: Jihad (rather bafflingly) only covers the Republic-era RPT-3X. The 2X and 2X1 should still point to JS:BD.

TRO: Jihad does have blurbs on both the RPT-2X and 2X1 as well; for the sake of concentrating sources, we've chosen to leave things as-is.

Re: Sartris' latest post in the announcement thread:

So... who DOES have access to the Hastati V infantry? ???

Every faction that uses the standard IS infantry platoon formation. Normally, this should be every faction that the MUL currently lists for them. If you believe you've spotted an omission/error, please let us know.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2023, 19:56:17 »
Ah, they're a RotS formation despite their Roman name.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2023, 20:01:47 »
The RotS uses a lot of Latin in their nomenclature

The specific unit names aren’t really considered for distributions. If their gear and organization are generic, we assume there are other factions that use the same setup to keep availability from being super limited

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2023, 20:06:40 »
That makes sense, thank you for the explanation!  :thumbsup:

Firepigeon

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: 17 March 2023, 17:17:45 »
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OJ
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/9495/battle-cobra-btl-c-2oj
It has:
Date Introduced: 3144
Era: Early Republic (3081 - 3100)

I believe Era is incorrect taking into account the Faction Availability starts in Dark Age.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 19 March 2023, 13:59:32 »
There is an entry in the MUL for Star Dagger (Unknown) based on the reference in TRO 3039.  Since then, an actual TRO spread and Record Sheet for the Star Dagger S-2 was produced in XTRO Retrotech, for which there is a separate entry in the MUL.  I reckon that the Star Dagger (Unknown) entry is now obsolete.

Adjusted.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2023, 17:33:36 »
Rules Levels of both Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede) and Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede II) are listed as "Experimental" in MUL. In Record Sheets – Snord’s Irregulars pdf in the download's section it is "Introductory" Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede), and "Standard" for Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede II). Not sure which source is correct, but I suspect that it would be pdf unless just being "FrankenMechs" makes these Riflemans "Experimental" somehow despite not using any tech outside of Introductory and Dark Age Standard (as defined in TRO 3145) respectively.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2023, 18:23:43 »
Rules Levels of both Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede) and Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede II) are listed as "Experimental" in MUL. In Record Sheets – Snord’s Irregulars pdf in the download's section it is "Introductory" Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede), and "Standard" for Hybrid Rifleman RFL-3N (Sneede II). Not sure which source is correct, but I suspect that it would be pdf unless just being "FrankenMechs" makes these Riflemans "Experimental" somehow despite not using any tech outside of Introductory and Dark Age Standard (as defined in TRO 3145) respectively.

The Downloadable Record Sheets will be updated in the future. Experimental is accurate.

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2023, 21:55:53 »
The Viper VP 7 shows as an IS Standard tech mech. In RG 32 the Viper VP 7 mounts Clan ER Mediums. Shouldn't this be Mixed Standard instead?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2023, 22:10:21 »
yes, thanks. fixed

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 27 March 2023, 08:03:02 »
The entry for the Mobile Long Tom LT-MOB-25 seems to instead point to the stats for the LT-MOD-25, while still pointing to RS:3039U for the record sheet. Should the name and record sheet source be changed accordingly?
Poke's Aerospace Academy

Richard S.

• Master Sergeant
  • Coming through
« Reply #25 on: 27 March 2023, 11:15:11 »
The Hellhound (Conjurer) doesn't have any faction availability before the clan invasion, despite being an early succession wars design.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: 27 March 2023, 11:27:13 »
The Hellhound (Conjurer) doesn't have any faction availability before the clan invasion, despite being an early succession wars design.

Planned for the future are the completion of Early Succession War faction availability and a corresponding expansion of the Homeworld Clans.

Khylon

• Private
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2023, 05:23:54 »
Question: Is it intended that the MAD-5B Marauder II be exclusive to Wolf's Dragoons while both the MAD-5A and MAD-5C also have Mercenary availability?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #28 on: 28 March 2023, 05:39:45 »
Yes it is.

Khylon

• Private
« Reply #29 on: 28 March 2023, 06:13:16 »
I see it now, I should've read the Notables section in the Rec Guide. It does seem odd that a refit like this wouldn't be more wide-spread by the Clan Invasion, none of the equipment used is hard to come by in 3050 and it doesn't use an XL engine. I'd definitely understand the Dragoons keeping these in-house prior to 3050.