Author Topic: Pictures!  (Read 5164 times)

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Pictures!
« on: 24 July 2012, 14:31:18 »
One of the things I really enjoyed about Mechwarrior: AOD, besides playing it of course, was watching others play, and seeing how games turned as people's armies moved forward and assumed tactical positions.  With a game that comes with many pre-painted and unique miniatures, I'm sure part of the fun for everyone was just looking at them.  I've tried scrolling the internet recently to find old picture albums I remember people putting up of any kind of Mechwarrior battle they've had, but over the years it seems more and more of them get disabled or taken down.

So this thread is for anyone and everyone who knows of or has bunches of pictures of the game in action!  Post links to albums if you have them, or just use an image-sharing site if you'd rather post any images directly here.  Let's see what people have!  Also, any new pictures from still-going strong clubs and groups are welcome too.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
  • Head Executor at Shaitan's Fist, Local 38
Re: Pictures!
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2012, 17:27:26 »
Though I haven't updated it in a while...my sig has a couple games in it.

Assuming my bloody sig-line is included.

http://comstarconfessional.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: 24 July 2012, 17:29:58 by darkminstrel »

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 17:19:28 »
Nov 18th 2005 3000 pt battle  6x4 table
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/LordNth/3000pt%20Battle%2011182005/

And then some random pictures from other games

These last two are from the last Big Game I hosted in the basement HouseCon 2008

CptEvilstopper

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2012, 13:22:56 »
How does one minimize the size of a picture that is being uploaded from a computer? 

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2012, 01:33:57 »
Love the "buy your own Atlas" ad on the side of the building!

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2012, 11:55:49 »
How does one minimize the size of a picture that is being uploaded from a computer?

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,14684.0.html
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2012, 17:31:13 »

You could also upload pictures through Photobucket and choose the thumbnail option.  That allows people to blow the image up to bigger sizes if they click on it.

Great pictures guys.  I'm hoping to get some pictures up myself sometime this next week, our old MW group might be getting back together again! :)

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

ChrisSymons1981

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2012, 17:18:01 »
Love the "buy your own Atlas" ad on the side of the building!

Second'd.

On a somewhat sidenote, would you be able to put that billboard advert (whatever you want to call it) image up on here LordNth?
You Say Fiery Crash? I Say Dynamic Entry.

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2012, 17:38:00 »
I could.  I did before.  But if it's on an older computer (that needs a power supply -I'm a slow computer repair person) that may take some doing.
But it's much quicker for me to link this old MW site I took it from.
http://digilander.libero.it/zakken/MWDarkAge/

ChrisSymons1981

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2012, 07:14:46 »
Thanks LordNth. Much appreciated
You Say Fiery Crash? I Say Dynamic Entry.

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2012, 16:27:18 »
Well, a part of our group got back together, but I forgot the camera! :( Oh well, we'll probably try to meet up again in a month or so, so pictures then!

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2013, 23:00:25 »
Hey, so our club in NE Ohio is doing pretty well, and we've started getting pictures of our battles.  The downside is I can't figure out how to get Photobucket to work properly, so all the pictures are stuck on our Facebook fanpage.  Oh well, here's a link if anyone is interested.  And stayed tuned, because tomorrow we shall have many more to put up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/81449274975/

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 03 August 2013, 10:59:15 »
Alright, so up first, we have a 1500pt matchup between my buddy playing Clan Jade Falcon, against my 1500pt Clan Wolf army!

My buddy built a highly mobile army that used artillery to harass while his heavies moved in for the kill.  My army focused mostly around lots of indirect fire and streak missiles, along with legendary Khan Phelan Ward Zellbriggening whatwever biggest, baddest piece my buddy chose to put on the field. Here you can see my twin arbalests holding the line against my buddy's heavy assault force barreling down on my left flank.

On the other side of the map, my twin Warwolfs, "Reaver" and "Slayer" managed to keep a CJF Hellbringer and Summoner at bay long enough for my artillery to make short work of his. By the end of the match, his heavy push on my left was countered by the Warwolfs reorienting around while Clan Battle Armor tied up his own left flank.  Phelan Ward also managed to take out Malvina Hazen!

upgrayedd

• Master Sergeant
  • Faction List Project-Combat Operations contributor
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2013, 04:26:07 »
Battle me and my friend had when I first started collected Mechwarrior. I was Liao he was DF. I got my my head handed to me.

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2013, 15:44:41 »
Awesome report, Captain!  How on earth did you manage to bring down the Shrike with Phelan's Solitaire?

I played a lance-vs-lance battle once (one Mech of each weight class), and took Phelan in Vegeance as my light Mech.  I zelled a Veteran NC NC, but then was shocked when he eventually caught up to the Solitaire and eliminated it!  Fortunately I'd aced his medium and assault in the meantime, and won the match.
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2013, 14:21:06 »
Awesome report, Captain!  How on earth did you manage to bring down the Shrike with Phelan's Solitaire?

I played a lance-vs-lance battle once (one Mech of each weight class), and took Phelan in Vegeance as my light Mech.  I zelled a Veteran NC NC, but then was shocked when he eventually caught up to the Solitaire and eliminated it!  Fortunately I'd aced his medium and assault in the meantime, and won the match.

Well, to be fair, my Arbalests managed to get about 6 clicks of damage from their streak missiles into Malvina before Phelan Ward finally pulled off a Zellbriggen.  After that, it was just my luck that my opponent missed with his first attack, after we got done dancing the two units around each other.  Also, I think we both might have been guilty of firing artillery at each other's "leader" 'mechs during their duel.