Author Topic: Need help ID'ing these MW models  (Read 2756 times)

eilif

• Master Sergeant
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Need help ID'ing these MW models
« on: 17 September 2013, 17:09:32 »
Hey Folks,
    After rebasing or unbasing a bunch of mechwarrior Clix, for other 10mm games, I've forgotten what some of the units are.  Wasn't a problem until Alpha Strike came out. I'm pretty excited about the rules and now I'd like to use the rules and official Alpha Strike unit cards (from "Master unit List) for the various models.  Any help you can give in ID'ing these would be appreciated.  Apologies for the poor quality images. I didn't have my good digital camera at the time.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10
« Last Edit: 17 September 2013, 17:11:15 by eilif »
Founding Member, Chicago Skimish Wargames:
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/

upgrayedd

• Master Sergeant
  • Faction List Project-Combat Operations contributor
Re: Need help ID'ing these MW models
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2013, 18:24:40 »
Fig 1
Mobile HQ, Saxon APC, Cizin, R10 Mechanized ICV

Fig 2
Shoden Assault Vehicle, Aesir Medium AA Vehicle, Demon Medium Tank. SM! Tank Destroyer

Fig 3
Joust Tank, Sortek Assault Craft, Scimitar MKII

Fig 4 (You should be burned at the stake for destroying these VTOLs)  :)
Robert Bavros (Lamprey Transport Helicopter), Bishop Transport, Crow Scout heli

Fig 5
Raven, Avalanche, Crimson Hawk, Nova Cat (burned again for the nova cat)

Fig 6
Sphinx, Thunderbolt, Cougar

Fig 7 (growls again)
Blade, King Crab, Thor

Fig 8
Aries, Atlas (Solitude the most wanted Atlas in MW), Ryoken II, Garrot Super-Heavy Transport

Fig 9
Sniper Arty

Fig 10
Pegasus Hover Tank, Tamerlain Strike Sled

eilif

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2013, 18:39:36 »
Thanks for all the help!

Too bad about the Solitude. Unlike most mechs I have, that one came to me already rebased. If I'd known and had the original base I would have sold him to fund other gaming purchases.

Still, it's pretty cool to have some rarities.

As for the VTOL's and some of the other rarities They're too cool to leave as-is they were crying out for new life and realistic bases!  I still have most of the VTOL bases, do you think there is a market out there for just the clicky bases?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2013, 18:41:24 »
do you think there is a market out there for just the clicky bases?

Not really; most people working on modding DA figures have boxes of'em. If you're lucky, you'll get the other guy to pay shipping costs ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

upgrayedd

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2013, 19:00:03 »
No problem. If you need to ID anymore I recommend looking at the site Warrenborn under units.

As for the VTOL's and some of the other rarities They're too cool to leave as-is they were crying out for new life and realistic bases!

Some VTOLs are hard to find. I've been trying to round out my factions and have yet to obtain a Spirit Cat / Nova Cat VTOL (all 3 in the picture are from those factions). :)

Not really; most people working on modding DA figures have boxes of'em. If you're lucky, you'll get the other guy to pay shipping costs

Like me. :) I have  post over on the Lords of the Battlefield forum where I am looking for mech bases. ;)

eilif

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2013, 19:30:02 »
No problem. If you need to ID anymore I recommend looking at the site Warrenborn under units.

Some VTOLs are hard to find. I've been trying to round out my factions and have yet to obtain a Spirit Cat / Nova Cat VTOL (all 3 in the picture are from those factions). :)

Like me. :) I have  post over on the Lords of the Battlefield forum where I am looking for mech bases. ;)

To Be honest, I considered Warrenborn, but I just wanted to get them all ID'd quickly. I'm going to do up a spreadsheet of all the mechs that I have for my Spirit/Nova Cats faction (will keep the stock paintjobs) and for all the others form mixed factions that I've collected to repaint for a second faction and a Mercenary Faction yet to be determined.

I looked quite determinedly for Nova/Spirit VTOL's and bought/traded for many mixed lots a year or so ago.  It helped that a few of my clubmates were doing the same thing (building 10mm armies with MW figs) so we've been able to acquire big lots and trade amongst ourselves quite a bit. AT this point I've got about 10 Nova/Spirit VTOL's and as many from mixed factions.

upgrayedd

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2013, 19:33:46 »
I looked quite determinedly for Nova/Spirit VTOL's and bought/traded for many mixed lots a year or so ago.  It helped that a few of my clubmates were doing the same thing (building 10mm armies with MW figs) so we've been able to acquire big lots and trade amongst ourselves quite a bit. AT this point I've got about 10 Nova/Spirit VTOL's and as many from mixed factions.

Now I know why I can't find them.  :D

Register