Author Topic: era report 3145  (Read 4135 times)

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
era report 3145
« on: 08 April 2014, 18:32:29 »
What do the MWDA players think of the state of the DA presented in the era report?

Thumbs up/down, likes/dislikes?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: era report 3145
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2014, 19:46:58 »
Thumbs up. I think the team did a great job with TRO 3145. Kept the spirit of the minis we so loved.

ds9guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2014, 20:38:46 »
I thought it was a quality product.  Very well done.  ;)
My only real complaint was that the early Dark Age was glossed over while detail was given on the later Dark Age. 
Oh, and I'm still unsure why exactly Bannson's raiders weren't given a write-up in the merc section.

guppylips

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2014, 20:46:22 »
i agree. The 3145 products have been good. Even better, stuff happened. It's been real exciting to see the storyline finally go somewhere. I have nothing but complements for the work that's been done.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2014, 21:37:33 »
Oh, and I'm still unsure why exactly Bannson's raiders weren't given a write-up in the merc section.

Because there is no more Bannson's Raiders by 3145. Bannson himself hasn't been seen in nearly a decade.

ds9guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2014, 22:19:21 »
Because there is no more Bannson's Raiders by 3145. Bannson himself hasn't been seen in nearly a decade.

That makes sense.
Several people dead by 3145 got write-ups though. 
Bannson did get a sidebar so that's something!

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2014, 23:30:57 »
Several people dead by 3145 got write-ups though. 

They were people who had died within just the past couple of years ('42 for Jacali Nostra and Evan Kell; '43 for Emi Kurita, Melissa Steiner and Seth Ward; '44 for Caleb Davion and Corwin Sandoval; '45 for Amanda Hasek and Beckett Malthus) and who had some significant impact on the universe. (Though that's arguable in Evan Kell's case; I just liked the bio I came up with for him and had to include him in the book.)

Jacob Bannson, on the other hand, hasn't been seen since 3136 and really amounted to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Bannson did get a sidebar so that's something!

Wanna know a secret? That was mostly because I really wanted to use the title I gave that sidebar. It was an homage to two of my favorite Superman stories: "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" and "For the Man Who Has Everything", both written by Alan Moore. And now you know. ;)

ds9guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2014, 23:50:48 »
One inclusion that seemed strange was Cynthy.  I assumed she was included because something notable was going to happen with her coming up....

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2014, 00:01:34 »
One inclusion that seemed strange was Cynthy.  I assumed she was included because something notable was going to happen with her coming up....

Cynthy was included because she is such a significant part of Malvina's life and character.

ds9guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2014, 00:05:08 »
Cynthy was included because she is such a significant part of Malvina's life and character.

gotcha! Thanks for the clarification.   O0

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2014, 10:25:43 »
I liked the Era Report, Field Manual, and especially the TROs, but still have hope that the Era Digest covers our favorite little splinter factions in significantly more detail. Beyond that, we will still have whatever Turning Points they decide to do for the Dark Age, and of course, the ilClan book, so we can maybe find out how the Dark Age / Age of Destruction ends / transitions, and see what direction we're headed in.

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2014, 17:37:09 »
While it was overall pretty good, the destruction of the Nova Cats and subsequent dismissal of the Spirit Cats left a bitter taste.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

ds9guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2014, 22:52:47 »
I agree with you on what happened to the Nova Cats and the Spirit Cats.  Rough stuff. 

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2014, 23:56:34 »
I thought it was a quality product.  Very well done.  ;)
My only real complaint was that the early Dark Age was glossed over while detail was given on the later Dark Age. 

We are getting a PDF soon that details the early dark age - no idea when, but it was promised and I'm waiting with bated breath

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2014, 00:57:45 »
While it was overall pretty good, the destruction of the Nova Cats and subsequent dismissal of the Spirit Cats left a bitter taste.

Spirit Cats got a lot more in FM3145.  They're actually in a stronger position than they were in 3134, at least cluster-wise.  6 Clusters for their protectorate.  Next product I hope updates them a little more and leaves the future bright.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 01 June 2014, 20:08:49 »
I am excited to see what happens in the future!  I am currently reading through the last pages of it and Fortress Republic sounds like it can go any way-tyrannical expansion or try to unite everyone again.  I haven't had a chance to read through all the novels so I think this is a great summarization until I get to read them.  I think it is interesting how badly the Lyrans and Davions have been hit.  Are they going to become minor states?  It sure looks like the Draconis Combine has a chance to dominate the entire Inner Sphere. 

The two things I am excited to see play out are what Julian Davion is going to do either in the Confederation or Davion space and what the Republic is going to do next.  A secondary question I have is if the Lyrans are going to be wiped out...  The capital is literally about to be crushed; especially with those two clans rabidly attacking anyone they can. 
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

Register