Author Topic: 2011-11-25 Kurodenkou [Craig A. Reed]  (Read 1986 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2011-11-25 Kurodenkou [Craig A. Reed]
« on: 26 November 2011, 02:02:28 »
Operation BULLDOG provided plenty of honor...

... for everyone involved. But for some warriors of the Eighth Sword of Light, there is much more than combat going on.

Daishi411

• Captain
Re: 2011-11-25 Kurodenkou [Craig A. Reed]
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2011, 18:41:03 »
this was decent story, i enjoyed it quite a bit. However this was yet again another highly predictable story by this author (i pretty much guessed the ending by page 6 or 7 and was for the most part right) and the editing was especially bad in this story. I'd still recommend it though, but it's no Lyran Fire
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2011, 06:14:26 »
Craig's had another story posted tonite/this morning called 'Thirteen' in case anyone is interested and doesn't want to wait for roosterboy to post the announcement. Pretty good IMO. Set during the days just after the WoB attacked Tharkad around a ad hoc unit of Lyran retirees and a few active soldiers pilot 'Mechs from a rich Baron's private collection (16 Mechs)
« Last Edit: 30 November 2011, 06:16:50 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2011, 01:41:18 »
I enjoyed the story very much.
A decent mech fight and a good setting.  :)
However this was yet again another highly predictable story by this author (i pretty much guessed the ending by page 6 or 7 and was for the most part right) [...]
Maybe a bit predictable I need a few page more), but this time it was not much a problem.
Ltes take a look at 'Thirteen'.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2011, 09:58:53 »
 I think this was a good Drac story. I can over look the edit problem with the story. HEY Reed keep them coming O0

Register