Author Topic: The Little Things Give You Away (Battletech AU)  (Read 12448 times)

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: The Little Things Give You Away (Battletech AU)
« Reply #60 on: 02 August 2020, 07:51:27 »
I selected Gavin Dow for a specfic reason and not for his future in OTL. I want him to be a pebble that starts a paranoid avalanche.
*eats popcorn* *whips* back to the keyboard! Or we'll spot weld to your desk like we did that other guy that we wait on baited breath....
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #61 on: 02 August 2020, 11:34:00 »
And we all know how effective that was  ::)
Shoot first, laugh later.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #62 on: 02 August 2020, 18:01:39 »
Watching how this goes with great interest.

Talk about kiloton class butterflies!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 03 August 2020, 01:04:11 »
I selected Gavin Dow for a specfic reason and not for his future in OTL. I want him to be a pebble that starts a parinoid avalanche.
Fair enough.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

kelgar04

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 03 August 2020, 01:44:37 »
*eats popcorn* *whips* back to the keyboard! Or we'll spot weld to your desk like we did that other guy that we wait on baited breath....

Won't have to do that I'm stuck in quarantine for the next few days.

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #65 on: 07 August 2020, 10:44:28 »
Ok, you have me HOOKED, i want to know more. What are the reactions of the other nations?????? omg, im loving this story ark and how shockingly horrindus it is.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 09 August 2020, 22:42:31 »
well my next question is did they gain the intel files on who was grabbed as well?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 10 August 2020, 00:18:05 »
They grabbed all the intel files on the site, so they know exactly who the each prisoner is, why they were grabbed and what was done to them.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 10 August 2020, 16:01:48 »
and hopefully what data they pulled from them too
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 10 August 2020, 18:31:20 »
not so sure about the people reacting by mobbing Capellans in the streets...remember there has been so much back and forth in war with these worlds that Capellans and Davions and Steiners don't look like anything in particular, ie they are no ethnic groups.

The anger at Justin seems off. He did eventually catch it. Its not like Katrina had her own Ardan Sortek to catch on to the discrepancy earlier.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 11 August 2020, 00:20:31 »
People don't act particulary rational when their children are at stake.

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 11 August 2020, 11:00:30 »
Just read it all!!

Tagged !!

:thumbsup:

georgiaboy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #72 on: 11 August 2020, 13:01:00 »
not so sure about the people reacting by mobbing Capellans in the streets...remember there has been so much back and forth in war with these worlds that Capellans and Davions and Steiners don't look like anything in particular, ie they are no ethnic groups.

The anger at Justin seems off. He did eventually catch it. Its not like Katrina had her own Ardan Sortek to catch on to the discrepancy earlier.

The Inner Sphere world communities still had distinctive nationality Races.
Capallan's had IIRC 2 main racial characteristics, Tikhonov was Russian, or more accurate Western Asia and Eastern Europe. Capella was Eastern Asia/China.
Federated Suns was Western European in the Crucis March, with the capellan march being partly Indian Sub Continent peoples from the Hindu Coalition of worlds, then the mixing of peoples centrally in the capellan march towards the Tikhonov area.

So Racial ethnicities were still predominate in the Inner Sphere, mostly due to the thinkings of people, that if they did not stay close together as a nationality, then the mixing would reduce there power.
Which I think personally it would, also FASA wanting it that way to promote tension.
I think America is a good example of both extremes of that idea of mixing of ideologies reducing tension. For along time the peoples were slowly mixing the different racial sections of america, and it showed with lesser tension and better understanding of each other. And then, the last few years the reacial groups have been separating them selves again, purposely increasing tension for no reason other than they recognized that if we all can get along, then they would no longer be special.
"Constructive critism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

ChaserGrey

• Private
« Reply #73 on: 11 August 2020, 23:39:10 »
Re-verify our watch on thread.  One ping only.

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: 12 August 2020, 08:18:27 »
Re-verify our watch on thread.  One ping only.

well played sir...well played.

Adventwolf

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #75 on: 12 August 2020, 22:09:06 »
Interseting development so far. None of the people taken are ever going to be able to assume roles in public life anymore. Even fixing the bodies as much as possible won't make them whole. The stuff they went through would have left them broken mentally and even treatment will not be enough to make them able to work in major public functions anymore.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

Register