Author Topic: Maybe starting AToW in Dayton, OH. Anyone interested?  (Read 3792 times)

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
Just as the topic says. I am toying with running AToW  game set at the beginning of the Clan Invasion (3049) in , or near Dayton, probably do it at the Bookery. If I can get at least 2-3 players.

So, anyone want to get together?

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Robroy

• Lieutenant
Re: Maybe starting AToW in Dayton, OH. Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2018, 06:07:26 »
Well it has been a week and nothing. Is it a Dayton thing? Is it AToW thing? Is it my brand of deodorant? Is it the Clan era?

What about Columbus, Cincinnati, or Richmond? I would be willing to drive an hour for a good RPG. It would have to be on Saturdays.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2018, 15:20:24 »
There's a pretty vibrant BT community in Dayton so it's not a Dayton thing. The reality is ATOW is not a very popular part of the BT universe. The WWE last year saw lower turnout for the ATOW scenario compared to both standard BT and the Alpha Strike.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2018, 16:25:27 »
You could always run it online using Roll20 or similar. Just ensure that you have a really good hook (advertisement) to reel people in. I did it with my game taking place in 2764 and the players are all part of the SLDF SAS Blackhearts. They can use power armor, but not mechs.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2018, 17:34:51 »
There's a pretty vibrant BT community in Dayton so it's not a Dayton thing. The reality is ATOW is not a very popular part of the BT universe. The WWE last year saw lower turnout for the ATOW scenario compared to both standard BT and the Alpha Strike.

I pretty much figured it is something to that effect. I know BT was always, first and foremost a TT wargame. Just hoping that there might be some RPs around me.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2018, 17:37:09 »
You could always run it online using Roll20 or similar. Just ensure that you have a really good hook (advertisement) to reel people in. I did it with my game taking place in 2764 and the players are all part of the SLDF SAS Blackhearts. They can use power armor, but not mechs.

I have tried Roll20 with my old Robotech group. It just seemed to lose the energy we had of sitting around a table.

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2018, 19:30:36 »
I have tried Roll20 with my old Robotech group. It just seemed to lose the energy we had of sitting around a table.

That's odd because I have the opposite when I run. I hope you can find a group to run. If you want to be a player I have a spot open for ya. It's a 2764 game where the entire party are SLDF SAS Blackhearts.

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2018, 22:05:11 »
I forgot to mention that it's online using Discord and Roll20.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2018, 04:25:25 »
Discord, is that typing in a chat box of VOIP?

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2018, 05:50:13 »
Discord, is that typing in a chat box of VOIP?

You can type in a chat box or you can talk with a mic. We do the latter.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2018, 12:04:23 »
Would it help if I mentioned that I had planned to run the mech battles with the TT rules as opposed to the RPG.