Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by DragonKhan55 on Today at 07:26:21 »
Except that Omnimechs are more expensive, the variety of weapons means techs have to be trained and equipped to operate all armament, and that the four cited omnimechs use four different fusion reactors, two different gyros and entirely different computer suites.

But if those four are all the mechs you ever operate, it still is not too bad. Canonically in either Ngoverse 2.0 or 3.0, the Kowloon mech units that Liz eventually created standardized around three different battlemechs:

-The Enfield, 250 XL Engine with an Endo Steel Chassis

-The Black Hawk KU, 300 XL Engine with an Endo Steel Chassis

-The Centurion (not as sure of this one, memory fuzzy), 200 Standard Engine with a regular Chassis.

And Liz did like the flexibility and options that Omnitech brought to the table since it meant her mechs could be reconfigured in the field for different operations as needed. In addition, Omnitech IS expensive, as are Clan parts in general, but a lot of that expensiveness would be in the vagaries of the Clan economic system and how inefficient it is. CS has a track record of writing the Ngos as being able to do stuff with money in-universe that leaves the FedCom leadership and the Falcons speechless.

If we want to get serious about the possibility of Liz standardizing mech forces around Clan and IS Omnis though (and oh god what a spectacle that would be), I have a proposal:

200 XL Engine: Fire Falcon and Blackjack Omni

375 XL Engine: Mad Cat and eventually Ostrogoth

Two Clantech XL engines take care of your entire mech force (light scout, workhorse medium, mobile heavy) and also lets you get in later on into the heavy Omnifigher business if/when the Hue Falcons trial for the newfangled Ghost Bear fighter at the end of the 3070s.
Leaves Eyes - Waves of euphoria
The tank chats
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by NightSarge on Today at 06:04:25 »
elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsdyJczYPA

Despite the dated tech its much closer to the book than that awful one with Casper Van Dean.  :angel:
Furiosa (2024)- I've been a huge Mad Max fan since I was a kid, and even though the lengthy runtime and being a prequel turned me off, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and watch it. Not bad. There's a lot of good action sequences, and while not on the level of Fury Road or MM2, they're still among the best I've seen in a long time.

Now for the bad stuff: it does get repetitive, plus being a prequel its totally predictable. Also it tends to be episodic. Many scenes just end in an anti-climatic fadeout. I would rank this as my #4 of the franchise (MM2 still the best, the original being second best, then Fury Road is my #3). All in all, even a lesser Mad Max movie (especially without the titular character) is still way better than most of what's currently out there. Rating: 7.5/10
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Favorite BT-Fiction Typo?
« Last post by Col Toda on Today at 05:36:44 »
I think it was something like a Star League Catch with X amount of tons of PPC  ammo .
Aerospace / Re: Design Challenge: 'Combat' JumpShip
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 05:31:37 »
That Tramp is a nice design, well done, Gio!
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 05:31:12 »
Councilman
Breakfast at Tiffany's -- Deep Blue Something.  Feeling my age.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Register