Author Topic: (Answered) Cosmetic Surgery in Time of War  (Read 1654 times)

CanopusIV

• Master Sergeant
  • Also known as the mighty Iron Liz
(Answered) Cosmetic Surgery in Time of War
« on: 10 January 2013, 17:35:38 »
On page 315 of the Time of War book it says that cosmetic surgery can act as the Attractive trait, but only if all deformities are removed. 

Does this mean that a normal person without any physical deformities could pay 2500 C-Bills for the surgery and get the Attractive trait?  This can matter a lot since that trait is very nice to have socially and costs 200xp during character creation.  If it's possible to just pay a bit of money to get the trait, then the opportunity costs for buying the trait with xp is quite high.

Or am I just interpreting it incorrectly and have the Attractive only added to those limbs that got replaced, like a supplemental thing you add on AFTER you have the appendage replaced?

And if you have the Unattractive trait, would getting the 2500 C-Bill surgery cancel out that negative trait?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2013, 09:15:52 by Paul »

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Cosmetic Surgery in Time of War
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2013, 19:40:58 »
Hello,

I don't know. What does your GM say?

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas

CanopusIV

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2013, 21:23:37 »
It hasn't come up during a game, but I'd like to figure it out for character creation purposes.  If I have a white collar background, it wouldn't be that expensive to get the surgery done.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2013, 21:44:35 »
Hello,

This is one of those things your GM must adjudicate. We did not build the rules for AToW with an eye toward controlling munchkins, rules lawyers, and power gamers. We realized it was impossible to do as much with a rulebook, after all. Thus, many gray areas fall into places where only the GM and the player can hash out whether doing something is appropriate or not.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas

CanopusIV

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2013, 22:46:40 »
That's ok with me!