Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 201908 times)

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #750 on: 12 August 2018, 16:03:16 »
Read Shattered Fortress, good to see Clan Protectorate is making itself useful to the FWL.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #751 on: 13 August 2018, 14:08:44 »
Captain! Glad to see you back.

Yeah! They got to fight!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

HunterGratzner

• Corporal
« Reply #752 on: 30 August 2018, 12:21:06 »
Are there any estimates of Nova Cat survivors or Spirit Cat offshoots that haven't rallied to the Clan Protectorate? Or are the Cats outside of the Protectorate 99% dead?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #753 on: 30 August 2018, 12:27:14 »
There are still survivors in Combine space, but they've been sterilized and dispersed among the lower classes. No telling their numbers, but in a couple generations it'll be Zero.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #754 on: 30 August 2018, 12:31:30 »
Kisho's survivors are also theoretically out there, but for all intents and purposes, Spirit/Nova Cats are clustered in the Clan Protectorate.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #755 on: 30 August 2018, 12:40:24 »
Well . . . its still possible there are Spirit Cat enclaves in the Republic that were behind the Fortress, but IIRC most of their known enclaves were outside.  One of the Paladins was a Drummond IIRC, she was from the Spirit Cats and likely there were others that were in the RAF that did not join Kev Rosse . . . but you may as well NOT call them Spirit Cats b/c they decided their loyalty was to the Republic.

Were there armed Spirit Cats in the Republic when the wall went up?  Possibly, but Levin and later Stone stomped on anyone who was armed that was not RAF- you had three choices; disarm, join, or die.  The first is not likely for a Clan warrior, join?  well in a Trial they could be taken as isorla/abathka so that is possible . . . but dying is most likely- trust being zilch.

So its possible that they exist and even have sibkos in operation- but the RAF scooped up all the war material.  Problem would be . . . how do they know the Protectorate exists?  and how does the Protectorate know they exist to send out invitations?

Finally, there COULD be Spirit Cat POWs among the Capellans or abathka among the FedSuns.  Good luck on gaining any strength from either source however for the expected cultural reasons.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

TwinkieMonkieIIC

• Corporal
« Reply #756 on: 30 August 2018, 13:51:44 »
What are the Clan Protectorate's prospects when it comes to carrying on Nova Cat breeding programs?  Seems like the Combine pretty much carried out a trial of annihalation against their sibkos and scientists.  I can imagine they could probably purchase the hardware from the Sea Foxes but generations but do they have any of the raw materials to start up their program?  Even their leader isn't bloodnamed IIRC.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #757 on: 30 August 2018, 14:29:35 »
We have discussed why he may not be bloodnamed . . .

The Spirit Cat enclaves in the Republic had their own breeding program, but we again go back to a question of how many of them left to meet Rikkard before he invaded Marik.  Were any enclaves with legacies trapped behind the Fortress walls?

As the Sea Foxes were the ones who sorted through the Nova Cat assets, it is possible they picked up the legacies if they were not destroyed in the fighting- or by the Nova Cats themselves.  But that is a different Khanate than the one that supports the Protectorate so who knows if it is available- or was thought valuable at the time by the Foxes.  I THINK it may since Khalasa wants one of his subordinates to examine Spirit Cats to see if they can pin down how they are able to make predictions.

Other sources for legacies are more open to interpretation . . . does the Sharks, Ravens or Bears view the Nova Cats as Clan enough they would trial for legacies?  The Warden Wolves were already trading with them seeing the Nova Cats a kindred spirits IMO, it remains to be seen if they had exchanged any legacies to keep the gene-pools varied.  We know the Wardens created their own bloodnames (Brahe) and had Kell to expand so they were not short on genetic diversity.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #758 on: 25 September 2018, 19:15:57 »
Hello all,
I am normally a Davion fan, but I have always liked the Nova Cats and Sharkfoxes, so the Protectorate has interested me. Which Dark Age novels focus on the founding of the Protectorate, and what 'Mechs do you think the Republican Nova Cats are using now?
Venser
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #759 on: 25 September 2018, 19:51:50 »
Hello all,
I am normally a Davion fan, but I have always liked the Nova Cats and Sharkfoxes, so the Protectorate has interested me. Which Dark Age novels focus on the founding of the Protectorate, and what 'Mechs do you think the Republican Nova Cats are using now?
Venser

'Pandora's Gambit', 'To Ride the Chimera' and 'A Bonfire of Worlds' are the best novels to look at.

Ummm... Republican Nova Cats are, well, no more really. Protectorate Cats will be using a mix of Republic, Sharkfox, and FWL gear.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #760 on: 25 September 2018, 20:00:32 »
Thanks, and I meant the First Nova Cat Provisionals. Would hey have a considerably different TOE? And do we know if late Nova Cat designs like the Cave Lion and Wendigo are still accessible to the Cats?
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #761 on: 25 September 2018, 20:06:44 »
The Foxes make the Cave Lion, so it should be easy to acquire. The Wendigo, not so much.

The entire Protectorate is pretty much scrounging for gear at the moment, so they'll take whatever they can get.

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #762 on: 25 September 2018, 20:32:38 »
Well, it's good that Kev Rosse's 'Mech is still available to his followers. It's too bad that the Combine gets Nova Cat 'Mechs through genocide. Hopefully one day the Spirit Cats will get to avenge the Nova Cats
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #763 on: 25 September 2018, 21:59:25 »
Ummm... Republican Nova Cats are, well, no more really.

Actually, all we know is that the Spirit Cats outside the Fortress are either disarmed/stranded or civilian enclaves on worlds retaken by the surrounding Houses.  Inside the Fortress?  Well they are disarmed as a separate group BUT they likely still have enclaves and Spirit Cat warriors were part of the RAF- heck one is a Paladin IIRC.
Colt Ward

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #764 on: 29 September 2018, 10:30:24 »
The Foxes make the Cave Lion, so it should be easy to acquire. The Wendigo, not so much.

The entire Protectorate is pretty much scrounging for gear at the moment, so they'll take whatever they can get.

Honestly up in the air. Clan Sea Fox was able to take a lot of clan equipment from Irece. They have a ton of Wendigo's to trade. But they also theoretically could be building them. Hard to tell since that event happened so recently in the timeline.

Wendigo's are on the Spirit Cat RAT either way though because it's at the very top of the Free Worlds League RAT.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #765 on: 29 September 2018, 10:45:36 »
Check out Bridget Hawkers entry in the Draconis Combine TRO's Wendigo notable pilots section.

The Draconis Combine was also trading some avalanches so it's entirely possible that they were trading wendigo's after the facilities moved. Hard to say. Seems more likely that the Sea Foxes are doing it though.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #766 on: 29 September 2018, 10:55:43 »
The impression I got from that TRO writeup was that the Combine sold the Foxes the entire manufacturing infrastructure for the Wendigo, not just individual mechs/production runs.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #767 on: 29 September 2018, 16:05:58 »
The impression I got from that TRO writeup was that the Combine sold the Foxes the entire manufacturing infrastructure for the Wendigo, not just individual mechs/production runs.

That's how I was reading it too.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #768 on: 23 October 2018, 18:31:21 »
It's too bad that the Combine gets Nova Cat 'Mechs through genocide.
Kuria with more Clan Mechs "scary" - i hope the Ghost Bears shoot them to dust, so Kurita have no fun with it!

Hopefully one day the Spirit Cats will get to avenge the Nova Cats
Spirit Cats take revenge on Kurita would be funny

@ All i don't Understand the Sea Fox in all this
Them Presence in this Potectorate ist more a food hold in the door to sell some mechs to the potectorate!
Political Marik Factions and the 2 Clan Factions voting in a council and fight some Trails - would be a interesting change in Marik and brings fresh Wind.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #769 on: 26 October 2018, 22:28:22 »
Did you not read, "To Ride the Chimera" ?

The Clan Protectorate is the Clan Protectorate because they needed Sea Fox forces to take the world of Marik.

We're thick as thieves now.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #770 on: 10 February 2019, 03:54:00 »
It seems mechs and other equipment that were hinted at in TRO3145/50 are getting more concrete descriptions (Tempest 4M, Battlemaster 6M, Longinus C, Orion C, and 2 others I cannot remember are in topics) . . . so I want to bump this to encourage the Clan ERLL Juliano version to drop.
Colt Ward

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #771 on: 11 March 2019, 19:17:24 »
Just read new Forever faithful novel.  Part of book about Nova cats and their role in Fidelis creation . Recomended for all NC  fans.
Some spoilers
We see Severen Leroux and Santin West
We see Great Refusial as Nova Cat POW  ;D
Wife of Poul Moon ;D
« Last Edit: 11 March 2019, 21:35:28 by Rncavenger »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #772 on: 17 March 2019, 07:21:15 »
Just read new Forever faithful novel.  Part of book about Nova cats and their role in Fidelis creation . Recomended for all NC  fans.
Some spoilers
We see Severen Leroux and Santin West
We see Great Refusial as Nova Cat POW  ;D
Wife of Poul Moon ;D

My girlfriend bought me it so on my to read soon list
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

HunterGratzner

• Corporal
« Reply #773 on: 11 May 2019, 15:07:30 »
I have a question about Omicron Cluster. Going by the MWDA Dossiers, Era Digest Dark Age, etc, it was a Spirit Cat formation.

Then FM 3145 says "Formerly attached to Spina Khanate’s Delta Aimag, the founders of Omicron Cluster chose to remain as ground troops for the Clan Protectorate."

So is the Clan Protectorate's Omicron Cluster a new formation of Sea Fox troops from Delta Aimag and the original Spirit Cat Omicron Cluster was lost, or is it a mistake in the FM?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #774 on: 11 May 2019, 16:13:04 »
Rikkard did not end up with many troops . . . and the Protectorate is not the Spirit Cats of Kev Rosse, so yeah its a different formation.
Colt Ward

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #775 on: 07 December 2019, 15:02:30 »
i do not noticed that!

i was only worrying over the Cluster with the Nova Cats

and my main Cluster to play Clan Spirit Cats ist Purifier Cluster

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #776 on: 08 December 2019, 11:46:50 »
They still use the same emblem though. So it's just a reformed formation with Sea Foxes in it now.

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #777 on: 27 June 2020, 09:41:34 »
Seyla fellow Spirit Cats, Sea Foxes, and Nova Cats.  It is I, Captain of C-21 with a new name.  So something happened and my email tied in with this website broke (I had tried to update it to another email, the system recognized that as my email, but refused to send anything to do it, and my original email was apparently deleted for inactivity, as I only use my old college email now), and for two months I tried to recover my old account (CaptainofC-21), but the system refused to send me an email (counting 10 attempts).  No one in the BattleTech groups on facebook would help me contact a mod to sort out the mess, so I broke down and made a new account (That process is another long story).  So I am back and happy to post about the Spirit Cats.

So "Forever Faithful" was a pretty good novel, lot of Nova Cat stuff in it. What are people's predictions on what Clan Spirit and Clan Sea Fox will do when the IlClan is founded, as it seems to be hinted at In recent publications.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2020, 09:44:06 by James Bedford »
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #778 on: 27 June 2020, 09:55:10 »
Did you read Shattered Fortress?  You might also go to the announcements page, it has a 'State of the Game' post for early June- lots of stuff in that . . . oh, and the ilClan Recognition Guides are authored by the Foxes- sort of like a Sears catalog of mechs that can be sold.  Which means IMO it would be very easy for them to appear in the Protectorate.
Colt Ward

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #779 on: 27 June 2020, 10:57:19 »
Did you read Shattered Fortress?  You might also go to the announcements page, it has a 'State of the Game' post for early June- lots of stuff in that . . . oh, and the ilClan Recognition Guides are authored by the Foxes- sort of like a Sears catalog of mechs that can be sold.  Which means IMO it would be very easy for them to appear in the Protectorate.

I did, and I have read everything that has come out recently except the Recognition Guides.  Outside of the Clan Protectorate fighting the Regulans, we do not have much more info on what they will do in the IlClan era.  I will look at the announcements as you suggested though.
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Register