Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 309244 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
This thread is for all error reports and suggestions for the MUL online database, as found at:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/

Some notes - read before posting:

- How do I log in?  You can't.  The login is only for site administrators.
 - As this covers suggestions as well as errors, discussion is allowed in this thread.
 - This database does not include Dark Age availabilities for units published prior to TR 3085.
 - The entire Camospecs/Iron Wind Metals feature is still being worked on (as in: the entire way it works could change).  We're not going to be dealing with individual issues on this for a while.
 - Corrections not touching on the above are welcome.  However, please provide a page number and/or direct quote to support your case.  "Faction X should have this because I said so" is less than helpful and will likely be ignored.
 - If you have corrections for a unit entry, include a direct MUL link to the unit in question in your report.
 - If it's a BV or Alpha Strike stat correction, please enclose or attach your entire calculation and how you made it (by hand, SSW, MML, Heavy Metal etc; include version number of any software used).

Please keep your posts concise and polite.  Posts that do not follow these rules will be deleted.  Thank you.

WHAT IS THE MUL?
- The Master Unit List is a free product that contains the latest Battle Values, Alpha Strike stats, faction availabilities, and introduction dates for as many units in BattleTech as we can manage.

- The MUL is official and fully canonical.  At the same time, it's a living document, continually being updated to best reflect all available sources.

- If a unit appears on the MUL, then it exists.  This does not mean that said unit will ever see its stats published.

- That something is not on the MUL does not mean it doesn't exist.  Not every factory, vehicle and handgun in the universe has been documented, nor will they ever be.  The MUL is what we know to date: what has been documented in canon. 

- Unlike the MUL, Sarna.net is not a canon source.  If Sarna lists a unit and the MUL doesn't, then the MUL is most likely correct (though we certainly do make mistakes, which this thread is here to collect and correct).  The MUL has access to internal information that Sarna does not.

Project Updates:
Homeworld Clan and Late Succession Wars data is now available.
Star League and Early Succession Wars data is now available.
Alpha Strike PVs have been updated to the newest version.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2020, 14:51:08 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
Quote from: Welshman
Thanks for these, Mordel. If you think you know where the error is, that would be helpful in our analysis. Often these turn out to be bugs in the code for MML or SSW.

Now that you say it, I only compared my calculations against MML. Checking SSW did help with a couple as they match what is in the MUL. They are as follows:

Grand Dragon DRG-9KC
You can ignore this one. I didn't notice the legs had different amounts of armor. When I change the right leg armor to 22 per the record sheet, my calculation is likewise 1,147. So the MUL is correct (sorry).

Hatamoto-Chi HTM-28T (Shin)
SSW calculates the sword BV to be 15.53. My calculations and MML calculate it to be 31.05. I don't believe SSW accounts for the TSM, doubling the damage of the sword and thus doubling the BV.

Mauler MAL-2R
Unfortunately, the BV for this between my calculations, SSW, and MML all match at 1,586. So perhaps what is in the MUL was just a typo?

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
The Banshee BNC-8S has its Battle Value listed as 2,369 (which matches SSW). According to my calculations (as well as those from MML), the BV for this unit should be 2,408. The calculations are as follows:

Code: [Select]
==============================================================================================
Defensive Battle Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Armor (Standard):                           288 x 2.5 x 1               720.000             
  Internal Structure (Standard w/ XL Engine): 145 x 1.5 x 1 x 0.5  (+)    108.750  =   828.750
  Gyro (XL):                                  95 x 0.5             (+)     47.500  =   876.250
  Defensive Equipment:                                                                       
       Guardian ECM Suite                                          (+)     61.000  =   937.250
  Explosive Ammunition:                       2 Critical Spaces    (-)     30.000  =   907.250
  Defensive Movement Factor:                  +3                   (*)       1.30  = 1,179.425
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Defensive Battle Rating:                                                       1,179.425

==============================================================================================
Offensive Battle Rating
  Offensive Equipment:                                                                       
       ER Large Laser                                                     163.000             
       ER Medium Laser                                             (+)     62.000  =   225.000
       ER Medium Laser                                             (+)     62.000  =   287.000
       ER Small Laser                                              (+)      8.500  =   295.500
       Hatchet                                                     (+)     57.000  =   352.500
       LB 10-X AC                                                  (+)    148.000  =   500.500
       LB 10-X AC (Ammo 10)                                        (+)     19.000  =   519.500
       LB 10-X AC (Ammo 10)                                        (+)     19.000  =   538.500
       Medium Laser                                                (+)     23.000  =   561.500
       Medium Laser                                                (+)     23.000  =   584.500
       Small Laser                                                 (+)      4.500  =   589.000
       Snub-Nose PPC                                               (+)    165.000  =   754.000
  Total 'Mech Tonnage:                                             (+)    142.500  =   896.500
  Speed Factor:                               8 (Run) + 0 (Jump)   (*)      1.370  = 1,228.205
Final Offensive Battle Rating:                                                       1,228.205

BattleMech Battle Value
  Defensive Battle Rating:                                              1,179.425             
  Offensive Battle Rating:                                         (+)  1,228.205  = 2,407.630
Final BattleMech Battle Value:                                                           2,408

The difference appears to be due to the fact that SSW calculates the hatchet at a BV of 28.50, whereas MML and myself have it calculated at a BV of 57.00. It appears SSW is not accounting for the increased damage due to TSM.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
[Snip]
Verified and updated. Thanks mordel.

Maelwys

• Major
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6977/uni-atae-70m-cargomech-mod

This is listed as the "Uni ATAE-70M MilitiaMech" in the RSVA IndustrialMechs and Exoskeletons pdf on page 95. On page 228 of TRVA Revised, its also called a "MilitiaMech" rather than a "CargoMech MOD"

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/884/deva-c-dva-o-achilleus

On page 45 in Wolf and Blake (and on other pages, that's just the main), the character's name is "Achillius" His mech is named the same way. Change the name from "Achilleus" to "Achillius"

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
This is listed as the "Uni ATAE-70M MilitiaMech" in the RSVA IndustrialMechs and Exoskeletons pdf on page 95. On page 228 of TRVA Revised, its also called a "MilitiaMech" rather than a "CargoMech MOD"
changed.

On page 45 in Wolf and Blake (and on other pages, that's just the main), the character's name is "Achillius" His mech is named the same way. Change the name from "Achilleus" to "Achillius"
I left this one alone for now. The record sheet has it as Achilleus. I also found it in other places in the book as that. There is one more reference with it spelled as Achillius than Achilleus. There is no errata for it. I dropped a question for Ben in the ask the writers forum. Once we get confirmation either way, we can put it in the errata thread and, if needed, change the MUL.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2015, 12:33:58 »
OK, with Homeworld Clan data now available during the Civil War and Jihad eras I've taken a look at the availabilities for all ProtoMechs and compared them with notes of my own. I found a few discrepancies which might be worth looking into. Keep in mind that most of my "sources" were RATs, since ProtoMechs were never really fluffed out one way or another.

ProtoMech   Era     Missing Faction
Satyr       Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085)
Satyr 2     Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental)
Satyr 4     Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085)

Centaur     Jihad   Hell's Horses (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085, Obj:Clans - mentioned as being in production)

Chrysaor 2  Jihad   Nova Cats (source: FM:3085)
Chrysaor 2  All     Wolf-in-Exile (source: Combat Equipment)

Roc         Jihad   Hell's Horses (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085)
Roc 2       Jihad   Nova Cats (source: FM:3085)
Roc 2       Jihad   Society (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental)

Delphyne    Jihad   Snow Ravens (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental)

Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2015, 03:02:35 »
Found a simple typo tonight regarding the Batu [Z].

Among the listed specials is "VTOL"... which is not a valid Special.

suggested change: "VSTOL" (to match the other variants on the MUL)
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2015, 09:20:05 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5278/trident-trn-3v

This is listed as "Introductory" but the Record Sheet on page 319 of the RS3050U-C has it armed with ER and Pulse lasers.

Fix is to make it atleast Standard. That's what the Record Sheet says (or atleast it doesn't say anything other than "Inner Sphere"). The problem is the RS doesn't say how to make the design exactly, and the Fuel is listed as "3 points" which is obviously wrong. If that 3 points means tons instead, then I THINK the design has to be made with a small aerospace cockpit, which would make the design Advanced until 3081.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2015, 09:29:13 »
"If rumors of a high-performance teleoperated version are to be believed, it is quite possible that the additional room normally taken by the cockpit could allow another laser system or even higher-grade weapons."

Drone perhaps? Checking, but yes, I'm thinking it needs Advanced at least.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2015, 20:11:54 »
Found a simple typo tonight regarding the Batu [Z].
Fixed

GreekFire: I'll look into them.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2015, 13:08:30 »
The Highlander HGN-694 has its Battle Value listed as 2,358 (which matches MML and SSW). According to my calculations, the BV for this unit should be 2,369. The calculations are as follows:

===========================================================================================================
Defensive Battle Rating
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Armor (Standard):                                       279 x 2.5 x 1                697.500             
  Internal Structure (Endo Steel w/ Light Fusion Engine): 138 x 1.5 x 1 x 0.75  (+)    155.250  =   852.750
  Gyro (Standard):                                        90 x 0.5              (+)     45.000  =   897.750
  Explosive Equipment:                                    2 Critical Spaces     (-)      2.000  =   895.750
  Defensive Movement Factor:                              +2                    (*)       1.20  = 1,074.900
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Defensive Battle Rating:                                                                    1,074.900

===========================================================================================================
Offensive Battle Rating
  Offensive Equipment:                                                                                     
       Gauss Rifle                                                                     320.000             
       Gauss Rifle (Ammo 8)                                                     (+)     40.000  =   360.000
       Gauss Rifle (Ammo 8)                                                     (+)     40.000  =   400.000
       Gauss Rifle (Ammo 8)                                                     (+)     40.000  =   440.000
       Heavy Gauss Rifle                                                        (+)    346.000  =   786.000
       Heavy Gauss Rifle (Ammo 4)                                               (+)     43.000  =   829.000
       Heavy Gauss Rifle (Ammo 4)                                               (+)     43.000  =   872.000
       Heavy Gauss Rifle (Ammo 4)                                               (+)     43.000  =   915.000
       Heavy Gauss Rifle (Ammo 4)                                               (+)     43.000  =   958.000
       Large Laser                                                              (+)    123.000  = 1,081.000
       Large Laser                                                              (+)    123.000  = 1,204.000
  Total 'Mech Tonnage:                                                          (+)     90.000  = 1,294.000
  Speed Factor:                                           5 (Run) + 0 (Jump)    (*)      1.000  = 1,294.000
Final Offensive Battle Rating:                                                                    1,294.000

BattleMech Battle Value
  Defensive Battle Rating:                                                           1,074.900             
  Offensive Battle Rating:                                                      (+)  1,294.000  = 2,368.900
Final BattleMech Battle Value:                                                                        2,369

The difference is due to the fact that MML and SSW both calculate the explosive equipment penalty as -11 whereas I calculate it as -2. The reason for this is because only 2 critical slots of the HGR is located in the CT. The other 9 are located in the LT, which is protected by CASE. This situation is covered under the Critical Hits sub-section on page 136 of TW. Since the explosion happens in the side torso only (because of CASE), the damage would not transfer, and thus the 9 HGR slots in the side torso should not be considered for explosive equipment.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2015, 06:59:27 »
The Highlander HGN-694 has its Battle Value listed as 2,358 (which matches MML and SSW). According to my calculations, the BV for this unit should be 2,369. The calculations are as follows:

Thanks. Corrected and updated.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2015, 15:02:32 »
I'd like the Intro dates checked for the Rifleman RFL-3N and Rifleman II RFL-3N-2.

RFL-3N: 2770
RFL-3N-2: 2720

It seems to me that the RFL-3N should be around LONG before a "II" version of it is invented. The gap between the -2N's intro date of 2556 and the -3N's of 2770 seems pretty profound. This should perhaps be changed to around the time the RFL-3N-2 was introduced, with proliferation to the Member States at the original date of 2770.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2015, 14:15:08 »
The Wolverine WVR-9K has its Battle Value listed as 1,397 (which matches SSW). According to my calculations (as well as those from MML), the BV for this unit should be 1,420. The calculations are as follows:

==========================================================================================================
Defensive Battle Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Armor (Standard):                                       185 x 2.5 x 1               462.500             
  Internal Structure (Endo Steel w/ Light Fusion Engine): 91 x 1.5 x 1 x 0.75  (+)    102.375  =   564.875
  Gyro (Compact):                                         55 x 0.5             (+)     27.500  =   592.375
  Defensive Equipment:                                                                                   
       Anti-Battle Armor Pod                                                   (+)      2.000  =   594.375
       Anti-Battle Armor Pod                                                   (+)      2.000  =   596.375
  Defensive Movement Factor:                              +3                   (*)       1.30  =   775.288
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Defensive Battle Rating:                                                                     775.288

==========================================================================================================
Offensive Battle Rating
  Offensive Equipment:                                                                                   
       Light Machine Gun (Ammo 100)                                                     0.500             
       Light Machine Gun (Array)                                               (+)      8.350  =     8.850
       Light Machine Gun (Array)                                               (+)      8.350  =    17.200
       Light Machine Gun (Array)                                               (+)      8.350  =    25.550
       Snub-Nose PPC                                                           (+)    165.000  =   190.550
       SRM 4                                                                   (+)     39.000  =   229.550
       SRM 4 (Ammo 25)                                                         (+)      5.000  =   234.550
       Sword                                                                   (+)     24.150  =   258.700
  Total 'Mech Tonnage:                                                         (+)     82.500  =   341.200
  Speed Factor:                                           9 (Run) + 3 (Jump)   (*)      1.890  =   644.868
Final Offensive Battle Rating:                                                                     644.868

BattleMech Battle Value
  Defensive Battle Rating:                                                            775.288             
  Offensive Battle Rating:                                                     (+)    644.868  = 1,420.156
Final BattleMech Battle Value:                                                                       1,420

This is due to the fact that SSW did not factor in the modified damage for the sword as a result of TSM.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2015, 14:18:26 »
Minotaur P2, per TRO:Prototypes it has Magnetic Clamps, so it's AS card should have the MCS special ability.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2015, 14:23:29 »
Minotaur P2 fixed. thanks.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2015, 16:28:53 »
The Wolverine WVR-9K has its Battle Value listed as 1,397 (which matches SSW). According to my calculations (as well as those from MML), the BV for this unit should be 1,420. The calculations are as follows:
Verified and updated. Thank you very much.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2015, 05:31:58 »
Most of vehicle annex IMs needs stats except those already in Operation Klondike.

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2015, 23:06:09 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6392/rokurokubi-rk-4t

Please review the Rokurokubi RK-4T damage line.  I believe it should be zero for the long range bracket.  It has a long range damage of 1, but is only equipped with a light AC/5 which does damage up to medium range.

If this correction is valid the point value should come down to 25 as well. 

Thanks

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2015, 20:15:32 »
The Raven RVN-4LC is stealth armor on the reconrdsheet but not Stealth on the AS stats.
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2667/raven-rvn-4lc

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2015, 15:05:03 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/173/awesome-aws-11m

Hello,

Another request for review.  The Awesome 11M has a OV value of 2, I believe this should be zero.

The design has a max heat of 42 (x8 LPPC @ 5 heat each, plus 2 running heat) and carries 20 DHS.

This would reduce the point value to 42 if it is correct.

Thank you

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2015, 15:12:46 »
AWS-11M fixed, thanks.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2015, 15:16:28 »
The Raven RVN-4LC is stealth armor on the reconrdsheet but not Stealth on the AS stats.
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2667/raven-rvn-4lc

STL added, PV adjusted to 26.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2015, 15:17:25 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6392/rokurokubi-rk-4t

Please review the Rokurokubi RK-4T damage line.  I believe it should be zero for the long range bracket.  It has a long range damage of 1, but is only equipped with a light AC/5 which does damage up to medium range.

If this correction is valid the point value should come down to 25 as well. 

Thanks

Correct, L and PV, thanks.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2015, 20:58:06 »
The Seraph C-SRP-OR (Ravana) has its Battle Value listed as 1,941 (which matches SSW). According to my calculations (as well as those from MML), the BV for this unit should be 1,957. The calculations are as follows:

=========================================================================================================
Defensive Battle Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Armor (Standard):                                     256 x 2.5 x 1                640.000             
  Internal Structure (Standard w/ Light Fusion Engine): 130 x 1.5 x 1 x 0.75  (+)    146.250  =   786.250
  Gyro (Standard):                                      85 x 0.5              (+)     42.500  =   828.750
  Defensive Equipment:                                                                                   
       Laser Anti-Missile System                                              (+)     45.000  =   873.750
  Defensive Movement Factor:                            +2                    (*)       1.20  = 1,048.500
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Defensive Battle Rating:                                                                  1,048.500

=========================================================================================================
Offensive Battle Rating
  Offensive Equipment:                                                                                   
       Large VSP Laser                                                               123.000             
       Retractable Blade                                                      (+)     31.050  =   154.050
       Snub-Nose PPC                                                          (+)    165.000  =   319.050
       Thunderbolt 20                                                         (+)    305.000  =   624.050
       Thunderbolt 20 (Ammo 3)                                                (+)     38.000  =   662.050
       Thunderbolt 20 (Ammo 3)                                                (+)     38.000  =   700.050
       Thunderbolt 20 (Ammo 3)                                                (+)     38.000  =   738.050
       Thunderbolt 20 (Ammo 3)                                                (+)     38.000  =   776.050
  Total 'Mech Tonnage:                                                        (+)    127.500  =   903.550
  Speed Factor:                                         6 (Run) + 0 (Jump)    (*)      1.120  = 1,011.976
Final Offensive Battle Rating:                                                                  1,011.976

BattleMech Battle Value
  Defensive Battle Rating:                                                         1,048.500             
  Offensive Battle Rating:                                                    (+)  1,011.976  = 2,060.476
  Cockpit (Small):                                                            (*)       0.95  = 1,957.452
Final BattleMech Battle Value:                                                                      1,957

This is due to the fact that SSW did not factor in the modified damage for the retractable blade as a result of TSM.

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #27 on: 16 August 2015, 21:04:12 »
AWS-11M fixed, thanks.
I believe that the OV2 was correct. The 11M has 4 ppc capacitators and it overheats considering them

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 16 August 2015, 21:17:20 »
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/alpha-strike-101/ppcs-with-capacitor-conversion/

Based on this conversation I found nothing about PPC with capacitors having special rules.  As such the conversion table in the AS companion lists LPPCs as 5 heat with 0.5 damage each. 

I did suggest one possible change

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-designs-rules/as-heat-for-ppcs-with-capacitors/

Thanks
« Last Edit: 16 August 2015, 21:19:09 by Louie N »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2015, 05:33:44 »
I believe that the OV2 was correct. The 11M has 4 ppc capacitators and it overheats considering them

I thought so as well (hence why it had OV2 in the first place). But both SO and ASC list the light ppc with capacitor as 5 heat.