Register Register

Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 95906 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #900 on: 10 February 2019, 21:25:16 »
Weren't those industrial 'Mechs intended to represent similar but older models? It is not like a lumberjack 'Mech changes much, a lumberjack or mining 'Mech predating the Mackie wouldn't be really different from one dating after the BattleMechs even got perfected.
I could agree with that statement. But it does create a bit of an anachronism to call something specifically a CON-1 Carbine when it didn't exist for another 100+ years. Saying the 'Mech rolled out in 2491 instead of 2691 would fix the problem and not really interfere with the text in the Vehicle Annex. As opposed to creating a whole new set of Industrials for the Age of War period.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #901 on: 10 February 2019, 21:30:15 »
We were given precise instructions that they were just generic, so we’re not using them to change intro dates.
Master Unit List website - where to find units, what factions use them, what's their BV?
http://www.masterunitlist.info
3025-3050 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info and Quirk lists.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #902 on: 10 February 2019, 21:42:10 »
We were given precise instructions that they were just generic, so we’re not using them to change intro dates.
Ahhh. Ok. That makes sense then. So, basically, a Crosscut is just the brand name of the most-well-known version, not necessarily the first Industrial used for logging.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Register