Author Topic: Would someone be willing to build me an AToW NPC?  (Read 2816 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Would someone be willing to build me an AToW NPC?
« on: 03 May 2018, 18:38:53 »
I am asking this because I JUST started diving into the rule book, and to be frank, it’s a bit thick for me to absorb quickly (I’m getting old, I guess).

Specifically, I was wondering if someone would be willing to build a Thuggee Manei Domini using the rules presented in Jihad Conspiracies.

As much detail (gear, etc) as possible would be appreciated.

To whomever is gracious enough to take on this daunting task, I thank you in advance!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Would someone be willing to build me an AToW NPC?
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2018, 21:02:25 »
The cybernetics you're really looking for are in the ATOW Companion. I've played around with a bit of a high-ranking MD idea (it was based on a discussion and about 25k worth of experience...and got sort of silly).

The big thing would be how many points you're willing to invest. A basic character is 5000 points. You may want to look at the Enemy level to get some indication of point values.

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2018, 11:43:32 »
There are also some rules in Interstellar Operations about machine domini interface stuff, starting on page 116.

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2018, 13:53:20 »
I was thinking of making a similar NPC for my campaign. Is this NPC going to be fighting your players? How powerful do you want this NPC to be, and how much XP do your players have? Do you want the NPC to be a monster outside of his mech?

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2018, 14:21:04 »
Also, were you looking for NPC stats (IE, a 'boss' would have 8-10 skills and be considerably more powerful than a PC)... Vs a standard-built character with a high XP-pool used as an NPC (possibly dozens of skills)...
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2018, 17:06:26 »
And that's another question. What do you want them to do? MechWarrior? Infantry? A little of both?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2018, 18:39:33 »
Well, I was hoping to start with the commander of the unit (18-22 skills per Jihad Conspiracies), and if he worked out, perhaps sub-commanders as well. This is for my personal unit, linked in my signature. And if THAT worked out, eventually I’d like to try for rank-and-file Thuggee Domini (infantry, MechWarriors, and the like). But really, the commander is my priority.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2018, 19:45:39 »
So you're looking to stat Vritra?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2018, 00:26:06 »
As a start, yep. Though I’d have to double check his cybernetics.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2018, 02:11:46 »
Hah. I was playing around with this a bit tonight just to see, and the value of all the Implant Traits is more than what a starting character normally has for everything :)

Of course, its 2 am and I'm sort of loopy, so I'll check the math when I come back to it, but yeah. Amusing :)

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2018, 09:00:51 »
You'd prob want to stat such a high level NPC with more like 7-8000 XP.
And just point buy stuff, needlessly hard to move that through the Modules.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2018, 10:47:10 »
Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking this would be a a 5000 XP build. Probably closer to a 10-15k build (probably closer to 15k really), which would put it somewhere between a Mercenary Colonel and a Mercenary General in terms of XP when you use the Enemy trait to judge things.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2018, 11:12:41 »
That'd give you a pretty burly cybernetics budget. Nice.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2018, 13:06:27 »
I don’t know how relevant this is, but for the rank of Thuggee Phansigar that I’m thinking, the following things are listed:

Attributes: 57
Traits: 14
Skills (Points): 18-22 (106)
Maximum Cyber Implant Limit/Level: 6/5
Minimum Implants: 5

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2018, 15:42:41 »
Well, you're already passed the max implant limits, but meh.

The stats...I'm honestly not sure how it works out. I'm not sure if its worth checking the conversion rate in ATOWC or not.

I think a big sticking thing would be stuff like wealth and Equipped. Sure, if you want all the neat bells and whistles as a starting character, you need Equipped and Wealth..but if you just want to say "He's an NPC, he gets this gear" then obviously you don't.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2018, 16:04:44 »
Oh, I planned on revising those implants, anyway. I literally wrote up that bio years ago, before I really knew any better, lol.