Author Topic: Tracking down a character: Larry Bastek from The Fox's Teeth  (Read 2022 times)

abou

• Captain
As a saxophonist, when I was younger and read about the struggling musician Larry Bastek, I was really intrigued. He is described as a frustrated soprano saxophonist and with the Wolf's Dragoons in their raid on Udibi. He is with Woomack's Company in the command lance piloting a Wolverine.

I was able to find Woomack's Company in the WD sourcebook, but Bastek is not there. There is a Wolverine pilot in his place named Kathy Keegan. Interestingly enough, the other eleven members of the company in The Fox's Teeth are still present in the WD sourcebook. There is no mention that I can see about Bastek specifically in either book. As far as I understand it, there are some canonical issues with The Fox's Teeth book, but essentially the raid on Udibi is before the big grudge match with Takashi Kurita. Which means the roster in the WD book is after the raid details in TFT.

Is he somewhere else in the WD book and I just can't find him? Or did he disappear completely?

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
Re: Tracking down a character: Larry Bastek from The Fox's Teeth
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2019, 01:39:26 »
Probably had a meeting with a scythe carrying bony gentleman between the two publications.
Shoot first, laugh later.