Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Vehicle crew ejection system does exists, but it not only costs some tons to add, but is also very inefficient - they are have to be stacked within the ejection coffin after then launch this, unlike mechs/fighters that could eject at will immediately when they press a button.

My first inclinations toward using this is:
A) Vehicle Crews must dismount (duh).
B) Crews would mount friendly 'Mechs/Vehicles like Mechanized Battle Armor.
C) Crew members can be killed if the unit is hit on the appropriate side, ala Mechanized Battle Armor.
D) 'Mech fire is limited based on the amount of crew riding, ala Mechanized Battle Armor.
E) Can mount 1 Crew with no disparity, but 2 Crews would slow the unit down by 1 MP for Walk/Cruise with Run/Flank being appropriately reduced as a result (this may be adjusted for Crew size).
F) With such a unit so mounted, a unit cannot Jump without causing the Crew to fall off.  While the Crew is trained to hang on, they aren't THAT experienced at doing so.

If you have any thoughts on the above, I welcome the feedback.

For C, I don't think that it's required. Else at least it does not needs to be same as the mechanized battle armor rule. They are not the battle armor troopers in the first place(unless you want to give them a suit each) and remember that up to 36 conventional infantry are able to swarming a mech. I think that it's safe to say that about six crews are able to stay on a location. Still if the attack hits the location it would be dangerous, though.

For E, since they are not the battle armor and are not so heavy enough, I don't think that it does needs to be slower. Although, with their limited training and lack of pure mechanical might to keep grab the mech it could be said that the unit should reduce the speed to allows them to be ride safely.

For F, if you did you should treat them as fighting off swarm attack by jump but how to resolve this is somewhat complicated - for the default check for this is to get rid of those infantry rather than keep them intact despite of accept the risk but it's hard to represent if you did otherwise. Perhaps it's better to rule that you simply cannot, as the others does.

However, how should such be acquired is partly what I'm having trouble with in proposing.

Easiest to manage and develop would be that the Vehicle Crew receives a cost increase equivalent to a Foot Squad being Anti-Mech, that includes C-Bill and BV cost (if that is being tracked).  That covers training as well as materiel for handling such.  I think this would be the easiest and best way to track this, over all.

The alternative is to spend the equivalent of 1 SPA Point in order to get this ability.  I don't think this would work.  It doesn't reflect them doing their job, and goes outside of their normal duties.

What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think that you need anything to spend for try this. It's not attacking the unwilling enemy armor. It's grab the WILLING, allied armor and retreat by ride that armor. Perhaps you need to add some handles on your mechs, or use some ropes and attach it on the torso in a pinch? That's all you need to do that, I think.

Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by paulobrito on Today at 03:07:49 »
Nightmares arriving to the Falcons in 3 2 1
Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 02:56:03 »
16 June, 3058...

one day after the Jade Falcons made it to Coventry again.

"Hang on, Leutnant, just hang on!" Elizabeth had been meeting with Lord Bradford about a tax matter when the Falcons hit.

Now, she was trying to keep her assigned bodyguard from bleeding out god it smells so good.."Hang in there, I'm almost-"

the whole vehicle slewed violently, rocked up on wide tyres meant to prevent this very event, and slid down Tanner street.

Lt. Erich Vougall's body slammed against the seat-belt, and his head hit the window, and with that, he was gone, he didn't bleed out, he died of a broken neck.

She let the beast take her.

what clawed out of the wreckage left behind the dessicated husk of a twenty four year old Leutnant who would've died of the gut-shot in a few minutes (too soon to reach a functioning medical facility) anyway.

She remembered to take his carbine and his commset.

The night was vivid in smells and colours, and she could sense the prey in their cannisters, moving very near by.

got to find a way to open the can to reach the meat.

she noted the chicken-walk gait of the invaders 'mechs, and the bounding of their elementals, and mentally calculated. Landing zone. they don't armor their technicians.

meat and blood for the taking, enough to sate any hunger.  just need to find where they grounded their dropships.

"Clan Jade Falcon just did a midnight march through half a dozen systems to Coventry without being intercepted or delayed...and your duchess is on Coventry."  Archon Victor's expression in the holo was grim, "I'm granting release to you, go get her back, hurt them if you can.  Deploy the One-Seventy-First post-haste."

"You're sure you want to do that?"  Evelynn Mosovich (Baroness Golden Lake, Heir apparent to the Ducal seat of Kowloon, and commander of Kowloon's militia) asked.

"no, but it's going to take weeks to mobilize enough reaction forces to push them out of the salient they just drove through us, and we've got penetratiions through Chahar almost to Medellin."

"right then...okay. I'll let them know."  she turned to Commodore Cu'ong, who'd been out of the holocamera's field of view.  "War plan green?"

"War Plan Green." the ancient said, "we'll stick with a stiffener of The Old Veterans, the new kids aren't half-bad, and could use the seasoning."

"nobody who doesn't know Commodore."  Evelynn warned, "We can't afford blue-on-blue."

"Understood before you were born, kid, but good on you for thinking of it.  1st MEU and most of the human battalions can be gotten on the move in 24 hours from kick-off."

"Call the ball kicked, get them to Coventry."

"Ayeh Mum."
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Last post by Tyler Jorgensson on Today at 02:51:50 »
4am post! Going to sleep now I swear (I will not be force building at 5am… I’ll save that for work tomorrow lol)

A front line unit is EXACTLY Three Trinaries of mechs, one Trinary of Vehicles, one of Battle Armor as laid down by Nicholas Kerensky (infantry swapped for BA, and standard mechs for Omni’s). They didn’t use command stars and aerospace were assigned at the Naval level (?)

Three solid lighter Clan mechs.

The Spirit Walker is an early Clan era design debuted in OTP: Foster along with the Night Chanter. They are early Clan Omni’s of the Black Knight and Crab respectively. Both were Coyote designs.

There are a lot of IS mechs that have C models: one of the most annoying/bestin your list is the Lancelot C with that same 6/9 speed but three Clan Large Pulse lasers is good enough to say ‘stay away’. In my Wolverine force I have two to help protect my lighter units. Other C-model mechs basically refit Clan weapons and sometimes tech (like DHS) onto basic IS Chassis. EC variants are the early clan variants usually with enhanced/improved weapons. For example the Devastator EC has twin Enhanced PPC’s and twin Improved Gauss Rifles.
Strategic Combat / Refit level of the CGR-1A5
« Last post by Ice Hellion on Today at 02:12:36 »
The CGR-1A5 is said to be a variant made from the CGR-1L they received as part of the Kapteyn Accords.

What would be the refit level needed to do so? And where would they do it?

My guess is they would need a factory but I am not sure and I don't see who could do it.
Clan Striker Star.  Great selection of second-line and ignored standard Clan 'Mechs, and for the most part built around accurate mobile CLPL jerks, with a Piranha for spice.  Cohesive, deadly, and for the Vapor Eagle and Horned Owl, amazingly fun to paint.
Probably best to inquire in Ask The Writers, since it's a question of why the devs did what they did.
Swayback cut down to 40tons, using the 200 SFE to go 5/8
It could also be a Vindicator variant by moving the LL to the Right Arm.
LL plus Twin LRM5s and Twin MedLas.

Code: [Select]
Mini'back MSWBK-1

Mass: 40 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 2,708,627 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,029

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 200 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  Large Laser
    2  Medium Lasers
    2  LRM-5s
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      67 points                4.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                200                       8.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT, 1 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA
Gyro:               Standard                                               2.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 136                  8.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     12           17       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  6         
                                           L/R Torso     10           15       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     6            12       
                                             L/R Leg     10           20       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medium Laser                                 RA        3         1         1.00
Medium Laser                                 LA        3         1         1.00
Large Laser                                  RT        8         2         5.00
2 LRM-5s                                     RT        4         2         4.00
@LRM-5 (24)                                  HD        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 36

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 10
5          2       2       1       0      2     1   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1

Bit of a heat issue using all the lasers, but hey it's 3025. Empty out the LRM ammo and go nuts with the beam spam.

Using the 120SFE from a bug to speed up an Urbanmech as an AA turret with a complete arm from a Rifleman.
Code: [Select]
MiniRifleman Custom

Mass: 40 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 2,538,480 C-Bills
Battle Value: 892

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 120 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  Large Laser
    1  Autocannon/5
    1  Medium Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
Internal Structure: Standard                      67 points                4.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                120                       4.00
    Walking MP: 3
    Running MP: 5
    Jumping MP: 3 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL                                   1.50
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 1 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               2.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 136                  8.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     12           17       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  6         
                                           L/R Torso     10           15       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     6            12       
                                             L/R Leg     10           20       

Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
Large Laser                                  RA        8         2         5.00
Autocannon/5                                 RA        1         4         8.00
Medium Laser                                 LA        3         1         1.00
@AC/5 (20)                                   RA        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 30

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 9
3j         2       2       1       0      2     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Proliferation cycle box.  But then again I am a sucker for the reunification war era.
Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: Without Question
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on 01 June 2024, 23:44:21 »
Malvina's the only one who went the extra mile by being a blue-eyed blonde in a snappy black uniform...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10