Author Topic: Collaborative Merc Unit  (Read 29204 times)

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Collaborative Merc Unit
« on: 14 November 2018, 06:47:47 »
Hello all,

I was unsure about where to place this: fan fiction, non-Canon units or wherever, but finally settled for here for the idea.

Ok, let’s do an experiment: The second page of the “Gimme More Stuff Debrief:The (very limited selection of the) People Have Spoken!” thread (https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63385.30 ) has a discussion about running a small merc unit and the nuts and bolts of what it would imply.

Well, I suggest we can do that as an open collaborative project in the fòrum.

IDEA:
Small merc unit moving around before the clan invasion.

Define a combined arms command. Say, a medium Mech lance plus some armor and infantry plus aerofighters (if we want them). Total size would depend on people involved in the project (more on that later).

The unit will have a Trojan dropship. Why? Because I think it is not overboard, it is a common design and it allows us to do some nifty stuff. A Trojan can act as a cramped and underwhelming field base for mech and vehicle repairs if going behind enemy lines, and has enough room to be configured as an actual living space. Having all that, it still allows for a nice cargo hold that would allow for the dropship to pay for itself while not in active use by the mercenary unit. It is not a combat dropship per se (hence the suggestion of the ASF) but can be looked as less dangerous than a Union, Seeker, Intruder or another more military-grade dropship. Still, transport problems can still be there in the form of lack of jumpships.

The unit will also have trucks, a recovery vehicle, jeeps and other utility vehicles. 

The rest of the unit will be defined collaboratively.

I will try to start a thread narrating the unit’s developments, but the assets and characters will be defined by others.

ANYONE can take the narrator seat at any time they want to, and set forward a challenge or battle for the unit.

When there is a battle, ANYONE can play the engagement and its results /(salvage, destroyed vehicles… dead or wounded people). It is recommended to use the Alpha Strike rules, but you can use whatever you want: Classic BT, MegaMek, a RPG game (for example, for a commando raid) or any Giant Stompy Robots rulebook you fancy, … Stuill, I think (feel free to correct me) that AS would be the good default. The results of the report will be introduced into the narrative thread.

BUILDING THE MERCENARY FORCE

Each participant has 100 points to select stuff.

When selecting stuff, Rule of Cool is suggested over optimized designs. Shadow Hawks welcome. We are deciding on the opposition (that does not need to be optimized either), so if you have a mech you like but think is underwhelming on the TT, no problem, just field it. Green pilots and alcoholic veteran MechWarriors with nothing to lose welcome as well. It is suggested that no assaults are selected. It is supposed to be a medium unit at most, so an all heavy lance would be weird even if not unheard off.

The 100 points can be spent in the following ways: Vehicles, Combat Personnel and other stuff

Vehicles
MECHS: x2 MUL cost.
ASF: x2 MUL cost.
The rest of the units (VTOL, armor, infantry…) cost the same as their MUL cost.

Mind you, you can have as many as you want of any given troop type. You can have 3 light mechs if you want. Or buy 2 mechs for your main character and have one in mothballs. Up to you.

Combat Personnel
You also get a Competent (+0) pilot/leader for Free. This is the main character of the selection and must be fleshed out. Other characters can be fleshed out as well if you want.

You can change the competence of the main character. You get +10 points to buy stuff if the character is Green (-1 to rolls), while it costs 5 points to make it a veteran (+1). At the start of the game, I think it is better if the unit does not have Elite characters, even if some variance can be cool.

Additional pilots/crew.
All units have a skill rating. They are gGreen by default. This can be upgraded paying some more points.
- Green (-1 to rolls) 0 points
- Competent (+0) 10 points
- Veteran (+1) 15 points
- Elite (+2) 20 points
Armor and VTOL crews are selected per type of unit. So, if you have 3 Saracen hovers, you pay 10 points to make all 3 Competent. Once again, use Rule of Cool. I am sure this can be abuse, so just don’t go overboard if you find a cheap highly efficient unit that you can load on, please :)
Transports (IT2+ or CAR2+) are always Green.

- Tech Team. 10 pts. Tech teams are needed for maintenance and repairs. They are a special category of personnel in the sens that they do not rate as green-competent-veteran… but they still count as personnel for unit costs and morale (see below under Maintenace).

OTHER STUFF
- Spares. 1 pt per point of Spares. Spares are used for maintenance and to repair stuff after battle (1 point per point of armor and 2 points for internal damage).
- Ammo. 1 point per 2 points of Ammo. Each non-ENE vehicle spends 1 point of Ammo per battle.

- VEHICLE UPGRADE. 5 points. Select a non standard item to add to one of the vehicles. Discuss with the other players to get their OK. [Note, I am not sure about this one. Open to discussion]

NOTE: These are ideas to have each participant select more or less items of the same magnitude of interest for the unit, not a “hard” system. Once the force is selected, we can convert the force to Warchest points and see what happens and fine-tune the unit. :)

MAINTENACE
Each month the unit incurs in maintenance costs. This represents basic spares and maintenance, the wages of the crews, fuel, some ammo, quality checks that detect faults, lighting, foodstuffs,… The cost is as follows

Each COMBAT VEHICLE (mech, ASF, tank, VTOL, …) consumes 1 pt of Spares
Each PERSONNEL unit (pilot, vehicle crew or tech team). 1 pt of spares

Transports CAR2+ do not consume maintenance resources (yeah, unrealistic, but otherwise costs skyrocket for stupid things like having a few jeeps or transport trucks)

Each combat vehicle also requires 1/3 of a Tech Team for regular maintenance. In other words, a Tech team can maintain up to 3 vehicles.

If you do not pay the maintenance costs you suffer the following penalties
VEHICLES: Lose 1 point of internal structure. If it reaches 0, the vehicle is considered destroyed.
PERSONNEL: Unpaid (and unfed) personnel lose 1 point of skill until their back salaries are paid in full. So, a Veteran unit becomes competent and a Competent unit becomes Green. If he Skill rating falls below green, the unit disbands.
TECH TEAMS that are unpaid can maintain 1 less vehicle. If the can maintain no vehicles, they disband as well.

REPAIRS
After a battle you need to rearm and repair the damage to your units.

Vehicles that are not full ENE need 1 point of Ammo to rearm. If you do not rearm them, recalculate their firepower for the next engagement.

A tech team can repair 1 point of armor per day. Cost 1 pt Spares.
A tech team can repair 1 point of internal structure per 2 days. Cost 2 pts of Spares.

Certain critical damage (fusion engine or gyro smashed, for example) might be somewhat more difficult to repair and require some story development.

Infantry “internal” loses can only be repaired between missions at a clear supply point like Galatea.

So here it comes. Suggestions appreciated :)
« Last Edit: 21 November 2018, 10:31:23 by Elmoth »

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Collaborative Merc Unit
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2018, 09:20:00 »
Phoenix Hawk w/ Veteran PHK-1K 58
Tech Team 10
Striker Missile Tank w/ Green Crew 20

Remaining 7 points are for spares/ammo

Qasim ibn Fawzi al'Dabih (veteran mechwarrior), Homeworld - Dabih, Draconis Combine / Age-31/ Black Hair/ Brown Eyes/ Tan Skin (Berber heritage) 

Third son of Fawzi al'Dabih, a wealthy Azami inter-space trade and land owner.  His grandfather served in the 4th Arkab Legion and received the honor of buying out the Phoenix Hawk he used during his ten year enlistment. 

This Mech wasn't used by his father who was a vehicle crewman during his mandatory service.  It was passed on to Qasim when he demanded his inheritance after his service in the Second Arkab Legion and struck out initially heading to Galatea and hiring himself out as a mercenary. 

After three contracts as a a free agent he joined in on the ground floor of a new unit. When that fell through he retained a contracted Capellan Tech Team and the Striker and crew he contributed to the command. 

He is married to a Lyran national from Dar-es-Salaam (Tahira) and has two young children (Mustafa and Jamila) with her.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2018, 16:09:39 »
After some thought, I propose:

WVR-6M (64 points)
Veteran MechWarrior (Stefano Moro, a refugee from Anton's Revolt; 5 points)
Heavy Battlemech Recovery Vehicle (6 points)
Tech Team (10)

And 15 points into the kitty for either spares or more support forces.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2018, 18:28:47 »
I’m going to take a shot at one of the few heavy Mechs for the unit:

Warhammer WHM-6K (64 points)

Competent Mechwarrior (10 points)

Tech team (10 points)

And  the remaining 16 points going into the kitty to buy spares.

Formerly of the The Royal Rasalhague Army, or KungsArmé, Gustav Strom now seeks work as a mercenary. Raised on tales of pride from his famiky’a role in the war of  independence against the Dragon and the Ronin War, Gustav has craved adventure for some time.
But he found the peacetime army slightly lacking.
So, he’s taken the family machine and now seeks work as a gun for hire.
His tech pool is commanded by his twin sister, Freya who like Gustav is looking for something more. Rumour has it this beauty also broke a Fanjunkare‘s nose and fled after he suggested they get down for some extra duty in the Mechbay floor.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2018, 17:39:37 »
Great stuff so far guys :)

Ok, so far we have:

- A trusty old Kurita-style Warhammer 6K (no MG, +2 heat sinks) piloted by a FRR team.
- A Wolverine 6M (no AC5; LL, +1ML, +2HS, +1Tn armor) piloted by a veteran Marik mechwarrior and ex-Anton loyalist.
- A Phoenix Hawk piloted by an ex-Arkhab legion dude.
- A Striker vehicle (green crew)
3 tech teams
Heavy recovery vehicle

@Nav_Alpha: you get the main character to be Competent for free. You do not need to pay for it :) So you can have 10 extra points in spares and stuff or go for other improvements.

It seems that there are 2 things here
1. I did not define a time period, so we have a REAL veteran from marik space ("in my young years...") or the Free Rasalague Republic is no so consolidated. I think trying to fit both will mean that 3035 is the starting year. ronin wars just ended, and Anton has been dead for 20 years, so a young Stefano could have served and still be around. Sounds good too you? :) It means that we are in the renaisance period, but that low-level mercs are unlikely to have seen much of the new equipment yet since the Houses are reeuiping their own units with the brand new designs. it also means that older designs are not as scarce as they once were. Sounds fair to me.

2. The unit has a certain Draconis focus on it, with the warhammer and phoenix hawk coming from that area. if that means that it is pro-draconis or anti-kurita is something to be seen :)

The fluff of the WVR says that it shares the electronics with the PXH. Nice, and can simplify logistics. If nobody wants to include more stuff, I will add a second Wolverine to the force piloted by a MechWarrior with more will than skill (read: green pilot) that comes from a rich family and has some "daddy babysitters" units to keep an eye on him and try to prevent his early demise. If someone wants to include another Mech I can change that easily enough.

Wolverine WVR-6R (60)
Anton Gilenius, Green pilot (-10)
Jump platoon (FW3035; laser, Competent) (16) That one came up expensive!
Warrior H10 (transport, Green) (10) Not in period, but well, transport variants are not that hard to come by
Tech team (10)
Spares 10
Ammo 4

Anton is the son of the Gilenius family from Andurien. He is 19, and named in honor of the upstart that fought against his brother 20 years ago. He was the representative of the family in all official Marik events and they took great pains to highlight his name to annoy any Marik supporters. As they talk in private, they think Anton Marik was a moron, but so are all Mariks, so...

Being a tool in his parent's political career in the Duchy of Andurien, Anton grew hating his name. He wanted to go out and break from the tradition of "we are anduriens and we hate anything marik" so dominant in his house. So he decided to leave for Galatea. But well, his family is rich and he wa snot going to go to Galatea as a PBI anyway, so he took one of his family's mechs, a good Wolverine, with him.

His family did not approve of it, but well, "the kid was having a tantrum" and there was no way of stopping him without jeopardizing their reputation more than sending their second son to roam the stars,, so they decided to send a few people able bodyguards with him. Anton thinks that he convinced the 3rd jump infantry platoon to join him, but Lieutenant Cornelia Ryan knows best. You do not get jump infantry to join you so easily. The jump infantry have their own ride in the form of a converted Warrior for drop ops. Their main mission is to keep Anton alive.

So:
- Warhammer 6K (Gustav Strom, competent/veteran?)
- Wolverine 6M (Stefano Moro, veteran)
- Wolverine 6M (Anton Gilenius, green)
- Phoenix Hawk (Qasim ibn Fawzi al'Dabih, veteran)
- Jump platoon +VTOL transport (Lieutenant Ryan, competent)
- Striker
- Recovery vehicle

And then we have the Trojan and if you find it cool, a pair of light ASF (Sabre 27, Centurions, Sholagars, Thrush...).

Sounds like something! :) Clearly a bunch of veterans and a noob accepted in their midst because he brings some nice stuff with him :) An energy-heavy mech lance, with SRM and LRM for support.

Will review the Warchest rules to see how all this would fit there :) Anyone that wants to join in welcome :) If anyone wants to join with a different mech, I can make Anton be the leader of a small armor detachment instead. His background will not change much :)

Cheers,
Xavi
« Last Edit: 18 November 2018, 18:12:52 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2018, 18:02:14 »
We're missing a medical team, and maybe a CSAR bird (a Ferret with Paramedic gear would work).  I'm pretty sure both would fit into the points left in the kitty...

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2018, 18:16:39 »
I did not considered medical staff to be something to count for. Do you think it is important?
I am sure we could consider having a SOAR without much fuss. Or better (read: cheaper), just a packrat or so with a huge "ambulance" marker on it and equiped to do field surgery. the unit will also have flatbed trucks, general jeeps and transport vehicles and other general logistics stuff without paying for it. Only combat-capable stuff being counted, remember :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2018, 18:22:56 »
Unless you're going to protect us from head hits, medical is definitely necessary... :)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2018, 18:49:15 »
I did not considered medical staff to be something to count for. Do you think it is important?
I am sure we could consider having a SOAR without much fuss. Or better (read: cheaper), just a packrat or so with a huge "ambulance" marker on it and equiped to do field surgery. the unit will also have flatbed trucks, general jeeps and transport vehicles and other general logistics stuff without paying for it. Only combat-capable stuff being counted, remember :)

Seeing as I have a few extra points in the kitty I might throw in for some med staff.

Over steins of Coventry Black Ale and PPC chasers in a fleapit Galatea bar, Gustav met Dr Hans-Martin Maximilian II. Aka Doctor Max. A former chief of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery at Claudius Steiner Private on Tharkad, Doctor Max found himself struck off in mid-3031 after a procedure went wrong and left 23-year-old up and coming model Anna Bekkee dead on his operating table. Subsequent tests found high levels of various recreational - and illegal - drugs in his system and he served two years for manslaughter.
In early 3035, the disgraced doctor found himself on Galatea offering cut price medical services for down on their luck Mercs.
Meeting Gustav was a godsend however - the doctor has recently discovered a bounty hunter hired by his victim's family is on his trail, and he's keen to relocate. Fast.
He's... somewhat cleaned up since his wild Tharkad days but still regularly feeds his vices.
He counted as a veteran level medic.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2018, 18:54:34 by Nav_Alpha »

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2018, 19:03:05 »
Don't think we need the light ASFs, this unit isn't big enough to take hot drop raids, yet. 

Better to get conventionals, a Boomerang and maybe a pair of Meteors should be sufficient.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2018, 19:10:25 »
Don't think we need the light ASFs, this unit isn't big enough to take hot drop raids, yet. 

Better to get conventionals, a Boomerang and Meteor should be sufficient.  I also think the Warrior transport could be subbed with a Karnov

Rather than conventional fighters - maybe a pair of VTOLs? Two Warriors and swap out the Warrior transport for a Karnov, like you suggest.

@Elmoth - I like 3035 as a starting year. Fun times to be a merc! Also perfect for the Alpha Strike Mercenary book, which is well worth a read.

Based on that year, I think I'll make Gustav a veteran of the Ronin War and a former 1st Tyr jock. And bump his skill accordingly to veteran.
From my perspective, he has a fierce, burning hate of the Dracs - his father died resisting them during the long struggle for freedom and he personally saw their Ronin invade his homeland - leaving behind death and chaos.
I believe his relationship with Qasim is.... interesting. He sees the Arkab as a kindered spirit, also burned by the Dragon.

I love the Anton character! Perfect spoiled Mechjoxk who is either going to become a man or die in the attempt.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2018, 19:18:03 »
Heh... Anton just adds one more reason Stefano just... doesn't... ever... talk about... "the war"... :D

Now we just need a tech named "Manuel"...  ^-^

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2018, 20:11:38 »
Heh... Anton just adds one more reason Stefano just... doesn't... ever... talk about... "the war"... :D

Now we just need a tech named "Manuel"...  ^-^

Maybe, poor berated Manuel can run the tank Platoon?
So, that Striker needs some companionship. I'd almost be inclined to go for a couple heavier tanks that mainly sit tight and protect the Dropper. Like a couple of Schreks? Maybe paired with a Galleon that scouts/spots for the Striker?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2018, 20:14:21 »
Or maybe one of those Drac Goblin variants that can haul an entire platoon...  ^-^

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2018, 20:34:47 »
Or maybe one of those Drac Goblin variants that can haul an entire platoon...  ^-^

Well, the infantry are VTOL-borne. I wouldn't mind some decent armour holding the LZ in case we're need to come running/just to scare of death the local yokels.
Even some cheap Quicksell tanks.

Speaking of which (well... or not). It's getting to the point where this unit needs a name and such?

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2018, 20:46:42 »
Speaking of which (well... or not). It's getting to the point where this unit needs a name and such?

I think we should do a mission before we get a name.  Right now we're all effectively free agents bargaining to do a joint mission rather than a coherent unit.  Some B-reel of the various teams running into each other/feuding with one another would make for an amusing story.

Also should we start an IC Role-playing/Narrative Thread?  I could also start an obsidianportal site if you're interested (signing up as a player is free and I still have a premium membership)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2018, 20:56:01 »
The MG variant Goblin is only 16 points (the stock is 15, but only carries a squad).

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2018, 21:04:59 »
I think we should do a mission before we get a name.  Right now we're all effectively free agents bargaining to do a joint mission rather than a coherent unit.  Some B-reel of the various teams running into each other/feuding with one another would make for an amusing story.

Also should we start an IC Role-playing/Narrative Thread?

The mission brings us various parts together and after we curse our employer’s sudden but inevitable Betrayal we decide its best to stick together or something like that?
Like it a lot.
A tense couple scenes as everyone comes together at the behest of a sleazy liaison, an argument in the Mechbay over who gets first maintence run and then the eventual fight that goes horribly wrong but sees us all come together...

I’m down with the IC chat thread. Elmoth is running this - so maybe he should do it.
Plus, he can rename it when we eventually get a name, etc.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #18 on: 19 November 2018, 02:14:48 »
Sounds good to me.

Karnov it is. I dont know what I was thinking withbthe transport Warrior when there is a dedicated air transport unit already! Good catch.

We have one unit of frontline infantry (well, as much as regular infantry is frontline in BT...I was thinking as a kind of backup unit for raiding behind enemy lines, so we can play highly siccessful ops like... Market garden), but maybe we can get a unit of regular foot sloggers for acting security if you want. A unit of the extreme quality Scorpions (both normal and LRM variants to help the Striker) could work as well. Say, 2 normal scorpions (11 pts each) and 2 LRM variants (14 each). 50 points total. That and 30 Green foot sloggers that do not know what they are doing sounds like the kind of unit we could use :P

Collaborative means that I plan to try to push this forward if it gets stuck, but that anyone has as much a say as I do, so go ahead and start the in character thread :) EDIT: just started it myself. Let's see if you like that start. I opened it in this forum, but could go into Non Canon Units as well since it is kind of an hibrid. 

For a mission, a small corporate raid sounds about right. We are not a House-worthy unit at all yet.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 05:11:52 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #19 on: 19 November 2018, 05:33:12 »
My alarm didn't go off this morning and I'm running late, so a proper post will have to wait until after I get home from work tonight.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 19 November 2018, 06:18:25 »
So, do we just reply in the new thread? I’m new to this sort of RP. But keen, obviously.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #21 on: 19 November 2018, 06:27:37 »
There is not much of a structure yet, so we can decide whatever we want :)
Replying to the IC thread is perfectly fine for me. The only thing I would avoid is putting too much words in another player's creation before his lilely reaction/thoughts has been established in broad strokes by the original designer. Or killing anyone. Yet :P Kowalski and Amanda are up for grabs, feel free to use them.

Now we need to decide on mission. I think a corporate raid would be good. Any ideas?

If anyone wants to discuss anything before posting (an idea, a development, how a character would react...) we can discuss it here before posting to the IC thread.

I just noticed that deckker is just 40 years old in 3035. Now I feel terrible for calling him "old man" when he is my age  ;D ;D ;D Well, he is bald and lame, so he can be said to be old in the soul :) He was a baby during the aurigan reach conflict!!! Miranda Aguilera (Behemoth) is just 43. She will need to have suffered crippling combat damage not to be running a mech herself anymore. feel free to introduce that detail if it suits your narrative :)

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 19 November 2018, 06:30:51 »
I was thinking a mission for Free Capella in the Terra March would work for this size group.  Something like an extraordinary rendition since we have infantry to get in there and grab the person before departing.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #23 on: 19 November 2018, 06:40:38 »
Sounds good. Grab a high value target (a defecting scientist team and their research?) and make a run for it? Paratroopers could certainly help here slipping unnoticed in and out while mechs run interference and draw attention to themselves.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 19 November 2018, 06:57:10 »
So, are Amir and Miranda permanent characters? Or are they making a brief appearance before we take over?

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #25 on: 19 November 2018, 07:11:41 »
Mirnada is not around at the time. Amir will not fly with you. He is your boss, but will remain in Galatea.

My idea for Reach Enterprises is that they have 2 dropships. Miranda commands one while Kowalski commands the other. Miranda is the big boss. They will be around as the owners of the dropships, but do not need to fly with the unit. Miranda has the company's ASF assets somehwere else right now.

Amanda Medvedev is kinda permanent. Well, as long as she is not dead. She is the captain of the dropship. Manuel the techie is also permanent if you want :P
We need a name for the dropship, BTW.

As I see it, Reach Enterprises was founded by Behemoth and Dekker after they left the Aurigan Reach with a substantial amount of money. Things went well at first, and they amassed around 2 lances of mechs while pirate hunting and doing raiding for the great houses for a few years. Things went south in the 4th succession war, since they were stationed as garisson fprces for the Capellans. there they lost their mech assets and the dropships only made it out because they were hauling cargo somehwere else. So they kept flying with their dropships and ASF protectors while rebuilding their resources. Doing contract ground work is their attempt to get back into battlemech business, first with short term contracts and peopkle that have their own mechs to test the waters, and then maybe asking them to join on a permanent basis or they decide to buy new mechs for the company instead of relying on freelancers...

But a lot can hapen here. Maybe the company goes bankrupt before that happens. Maybe they die, maybe the player characters decided that thanks, but no and decide to go have their own unit... Lots of options. :)

Xavi

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 19 November 2018, 07:24:43 »
Repost in new post

« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 13:25:31 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #27 on: 19 November 2018, 08:00:26 »
Nice. :) Another light mech. Only problem is that mechs (and ASF) cost double their MUL points, so the Locust should be 38 points. You could fit it by having a competent mechwarrior and no supplies. or no tech crew.

We have plenty of space, so having more than 4 mechs should not be a problem at all. We are inventing the Star before the clans reach the IS  ;D

Coupled with the scimitars we have a nice recon unit. I will edit the other thread slightly to make space for more mechs in the conversartion between Dekker and the dropship captain.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 08:04:03 by Elmoth »

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 19 November 2018, 08:06:41 »
Just one thing I would consider is changing the names from the HBS games... just to be sure we’e totally independent of any plans with the game, etc
Loving everything though!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 19 November 2018, 08:11:35 »
n/m
« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 13:25:44 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Register