Author Topic: (Answered) Minimum Squad Size for Infantry  (Read 3177 times)

Adastra

• Sergeant
  • ~(,, _`;;'>
(Answered) Minimum Squad Size for Infantry
« on: 14 October 2020, 07:50:02 »
While Techmanual provides maximum squad and platoon sizes, is there any minimum to the number of people you can have per squad? Any minimum to the number of squads you can have? Is it possible to make a (let's just say Jump) platoon composed of 30 1-man squads, or a platoon composed of a single person?

If so, then wouldn't it be possible to give every member of a platoon a support weapon, since the only limit is the number per squad? Assuming this works the way it seems to me, would it not be possible to make a Jump platoon composed of 30 1-man squads, with each squad having a single support weapon, while not even suffering any movement penalties?

I'm assuming there's something I'm missing, and I hope the rules accounted for this, as hilarious as it would be to see 30 guys flying around all shooting man-portable plasma rifles at everything.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2022, 14:53:54 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Minimum Squad Size for Infantry
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2022, 14:53:03 »
1) Squads must have at least two troopers
2) The squads per platoon limit retains language to show that Marian and CS/WoB (or anyone else that uses them) sub-platoons are separate entities on the board that have their own separate five squad caps
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register