Author Topic: MegaMek files for Apocryphal MWO mechs  (Read 1049 times)

Dapper Apples

• Master Sergeant
MegaMek files for Apocryphal MWO mechs
« on: 05 February 2019, 23:52:21 »
I put together mek files for use in Megamek of the two mechs unique to the Mechwarrior Online game, the IS Roughneck and the Clan Sun Spider.  There's no graphics for them on tabletop (I'm not an artist).  I also did not include the "Hero Mech"s, as I'm unsure how people feel about special unique mechs on the battlefield.  Frankly, they aren't that popular in MWO, so I have no idea if anyone is asking for them here.

The Roughneck is a ~3050 65 ton heavy mech, essentially a militarized and roided up industrial loader mech.  Relations to a certain pre-interstellar film are largely unfounded.  The mech is a natural-born brawler, with most all of the variants mounting standard engines and closer-range weaponry.  They also skimp out on heatsinks (only 14 singles), so be warned.

The Sun Spider is a 70 ton omni mech.  It is associated with the Goliath Scorpion clan.  It looks much like a box, with rear jointed legs and its arms mostly just being weapon pods.  The configurations run the gambit of variety, the base config favoring mass streak missiles, one dedicated to LRMs, a quad UAC-2 setup, a dual UAC-20 with ECM, and a guass rifle mixed-range configuration.  On paper it favors close combat, but in MWO I've found it a bit fragile.  Tabletop's to-hit system probably will help a lot.

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
Re: MegaMek files for Apocryphal MWO mechs
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2019, 21:00:03 »
Very cool, just getting into MegaMek myself, how did you do this?