Author Topic: New Weapons/Crit Slots for Hellstar  (Read 1413 times)

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
New Weapons/Crit Slots for Hellstar
« on: 19 March 2019, 21:01:54 »
Would it be possible/worth it to add MASC or jump jets on to my Hellstar? On top of that, whats is good alternative lower weight closer range or energy weapon to replace ONE ER PCC? Bombast laser, Pulse Laser, Blaser? I really want to have enough tonnage to keep 3 ER PPCS along side another weapon all coupled with a targeting computer.

Furthermore, Is there any choice for a ballistic weapon and melee weapon? I don't know of that is possible as Hellstar isn't omni I think. Want something to punch through reflective armor.

Yes, I am THAT GUY. 8)

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
Re: New Weapons/Crit Slots for Hellstar
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2019, 04:37:22 »
Why do you want to abuse the Hellstar? You have 2 variants (TC and 4 ERPPCs for the price of 5 freezers, or 4 ER Large Laser, 2 Medium Pulse, ECM and TC)

Possible is everything when you can reasonable explain why the Hellstar becomes a Executioner you can do anything your "opponen" might accept.
Although it sounds like he has optimized his build to face your Hellstars ERPPCs - when no other MEch is an option.... a MechBay Refit Kit might be necessary.... a RefitKit C - might allow you to drop the arm ERPPCs (basis is the 2 - reduce the number of heatsinks to add a physical weapon - rectangle blade (don't need a hand) and a GaussRifle - TC is not altered, heat is not issue and your GaussRifle is not effected by reflective armor and your blade can shatter stuff.

However MASC and JJs are factory refit - would be simpler to take a Executioner

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2019, 03:56:11 »
Replace two ERPPCs with ERLLs and drop 3 DHS. Leaves you enough weight for a TC plus some other gear.

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2019, 10:09:43 »
Replace two ERPPCs with ERLLs and drop 3 DHS. Leaves you enough weight for a TC plus some other gear.

Hmmmm...slightly less damage overall.....however, better to-hit probability.  Not shabby.  Not shabby at all!
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Register