Author Topic: World of Warships Beta  (Read 158127 times)

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: World of Warships Beta
« Reply #60 on: 01 July 2015, 14:01:06 »
So its in open beta now, I have been playing a bit yesterday before work, last night, and again this morning.

Right now I am focusing on the US line:
I just upgraded my 3rd cruiser's hull and need an extra couple missions to be able to upgrade the guns.... then I will be able to start farming the ~3k xp I need for the 1st battleship

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #61 on: 01 July 2015, 14:16:57 »
Im just glad i got rid of that ****** Kawachi.

Grinding back up to the Myoko is gonna suck....
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: 01 July 2015, 22:02:42 »
After a few matches in the tier 1 BB am sticking to the US. cruiser line and my Cleveland, after spending nearly every match in the BB on fire from cruiser HE shells.

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 01 July 2015, 22:21:33 »
I'm grinding my way to the IJN CV line. Ugh, this Kawachi...

DisGruntled_kbd

• Corporal
« Reply #64 on: 01 July 2015, 23:19:47 »
They're doing a stress test of the server, so until they reach their target cap you can download and play in the CBT.   OBT will be soon, probably next week.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: 02 July 2015, 06:08:30 »
They're doing a stress test of the server, so until they reach their target cap you can download and play in the CBT. 
Classic Battletech!?? :o
« Last Edit: 02 July 2015, 08:24:40 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DisGruntled_kbd

• Corporal
« Reply #66 on: 02 July 2015, 08:23:57 »
Yeah I think of that every time I see those intials as well, though in this case it's Closed and Open Beta Test. ;)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #67 on: 02 July 2015, 09:28:37 »
And now it is officially Open Beta.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #68 on: 02 July 2015, 12:06:34 »
Downloading it. See you on High Sea or in Davy Jones' Locker whichever comes first!
« Last Edit: 02 July 2015, 12:10:03 by HobbesHurlbut »
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 02 July 2015, 21:42:18 »
Huh, I have to get back into this...been playing too much Destiny plus the Japanese and American BB grinds just kind of tired me out so I had to take a break.

Now I have to start all over....yeah me... #P

Of course now there is gonna be fresh meat in the sea's... }:)
Made by HikageMaru

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #70 on: 09 July 2015, 11:52:38 »
By the way for those who don't know, you only need a registered account to get IN Open Beta.
Anyway, Good News everyone! We have from interview ( http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/37763-famitsu-interview-with-wows-director-ivan-moroz/ ):
- As of OBT, game is approx 85% done.
- Pre-order packages sold most in Japan out of SEA
- Games would have lasted 10 hours if it wasn't compressed to 20min  Noticed players got bored after 20-30 battles in early Alpha
- USSR, Germany, and UK premiums will come first, then the trees
- Subs are not totally ruled out.  They first want to split things like CL/CA, and torpedo equipped Battleships into separate classes.  Subs are part of the big picture of that class realignment
- Weather effects like wind, waves, storms, and fog that will affect ship handling will hope to be implemented after release, inlcuding Night battle
- Considering releasing on other platforms like Xbox and mobile as well
- WoTxGuP turned out to be a mod, but WoWSxArpeggio they're hoping for special skins, ships, and characters in-game

Arpeggio characters....... imagine Miss Takao Mental Model as your Takao's Captain....
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #71 on: 09 July 2015, 15:31:49 »
Except for not having a Takao I don't have to imagine as I managed to find a good source pic of her with a transparent background.

Got Takao, Haruna, Kirishima, Kongo, Maya, and a supposed Yamato that came up in the search but was never in the series that I watched so I suspect may actually be from elsewhere.  Since I'm not clear on the IP status of the source pictures they will not be getting distributed by me despite me having had to do some editing in all cases to get them mostly right(the rank overlays don't match up too well).

Since that is not enough to cover all the captains I'm poking around to find additional pics.  Trying to get Gimp's convert color to transparent to work the way I want so I can include Yurika, Megumi, and Izuma from Martian Successor Nadesico.  If I can get that to work then I should be able to rather expand my list of captain candidates.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: 09 July 2015, 20:09:23 »
USSR Premiums consists of the entire Russian tech tree...

Least the German are finally getting in though I would have preferred the French or even the Italians over the Russians.

I've been wanting night battles for awhile but who knows.
Made by HikageMaru

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #73 on: 13 July 2015, 02:40:42 »
What your not a fan of the Russian line? Obviously you have not sailed in the Murmansk, an Omaha repainted with STALINIUM based paint for Stronker hull, crewed by Patriotic Comrades able to fire guns faster and further then vessel's capitalist builders!!! Yeah the Russian line from what I have read is going to mostly paper designs, which I expect will be somewhat OP versus any ships their tier or one higher. It's bad enough they threw in a couple of un needed ones into the IJN and the USN lines. The Iowa could have been the US tier 10 by tossing in the Alaska class BC and either the Amagi or the Izuumo could have been replaced with the Ise class BBs, ships that actually got built for real.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #74 on: 13 July 2015, 07:18:51 »
I kind of knew it would happen and the same will happen for Germany and the UK CA line.

I too probably would have put Iowa as tier 10.  Making the rest North Carolina 9, South Dakota 8, Tennessee 7, Colorado 6, New Mexico 5, New York 4, and South Carolina 3.

Of course I'd also have ditched the Phoenix and put in the Brooklyn.  And fix the Yubari by giving it the single mounts as Main Guns and widening the Torpedo arc a bit.  Also looking through wikipedia it seems a lot of Japanese cruisers don't have their torpedo launchers set up correctly and of course I'd ditch those paper ships for the Takao and Tone.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #75 on: 13 July 2015, 10:38:01 »
What your not a fan of the Russian line? Obviously you have not sailed in the Murmansk, an Omaha repainted with STALINIUM based paint for Stronker hull, crewed by Patriotic Comrades able to fire guns faster and further then vessel's capitalist builders!!! Yeah the Russian line from what I have read is going to mostly paper designs, which I expect will be somewhat OP versus any ships their tier or one higher. It's bad enough they threw in a couple of un needed ones into the IJN and the USN lines. The Iowa could have been the US tier 10 by tossing in the Alaska class BC and either the Amagi or the Izuumo could have been replaced with the Ise class BBs, ships that actually got built for real.
Montana's an iconic what-could-have-been ship, and very nearly did get built.  Little sad they don't have a refit for Yamato with six 20" rifles, but give it time.  As far as a Stalinium-constructed fleet, certainly no disagreement there, though the paper-designs thing is going to sort of be required.  The Russians and being at sea have never terribly gotten along well together...that said, I'd love to see the chance to refight Tsushima with this game.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #76 on: 13 July 2015, 12:34:10 »
The fiction 20" armed Yamato is going to be awful on dispersion and accuracy but man it would certainly pack a wallop.
Got Clemson finally and keeping her as the Greyhound in my port. Dreading Myogi (the turret arrangement and 3x2 is going to be hell on hit chance)

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #77 on: 13 July 2015, 20:25:44 »
I only just worked my way back into the Texas, Tier 5 a few days ago and frankly my biggest issue hasn't been with the ship, but the MM and the teams I keep getting. Cruiser players crying in the forums how the BBs all hang back and never move up to support them, but can't grasp the concept that a lot of that is they can't take their foot off the accelerator. If me and the other US BBs are plodding along at 21 knots and they're at 30 t0 35 depending on the cruiser, they'll run into the entire enemy team and die before we get into range to do anything.

Are there dweebs who camp the back, yes and I have rooted for the other team to kill them rather then cap for the win after I died fighting 5 or 6 ships and they cruised literally along the back edge of the map doing not firing a shot till the other team crosses the map to get them.

Shatara

• Master Sergeant
  • Your flank belongs to the Star League
« Reply #78 on: 13 July 2015, 22:26:04 »
I kind of knew it would happen and the same will happen for Germany and the UK CA line.

I too probably would have put Iowa as tier 10.  Making the rest North Carolina 9, South Dakota 8, Tennessee 7, Colorado 6, New Mexico 5, New York 4, and South Carolina 3.

Of course I'd also have ditched the Phoenix and put in the Brooklyn.  And fix the Yubari by giving it the single mounts as Main Guns and widening the Torpedo arc a bit.  Also looking through wikipedia it seems a lot of Japanese cruisers don't have their torpedo launchers set up correctly and of course I'd ditch those paper ships for the Takao and Tone.
I believe they tested the Iowa at T10 and it didn't work well, mainly because the traits that are said to allow Iowa to beat up Yamato and take her lunch money are either nerfed or ignored in World'o'Boats (such as radar FC). North Carolina and South Dakota are so similar, I'd have a hard time buying them at separate tiers (the most notable difference is SoDak has a better armor layout).

As for the cruisers...What would replace Phoenix at Tier 4? Certainly not the Brooklyn. You could probably bump down the Omaha, but it'd need some heavy nerfs to fit there, and now you need a T5. Both the Brooklyn and Cleveland would need serious beatdowns with the nerfbat to fit there, as the Cleveland feels undertiered already at 6, and the Brooklyn packs an extra 6" turret. You could maybe put the Atlanta at 4 or 5, but it's already a premium at tier...seven...

...sometimes I feel like they should have dropped the whole 'tier' concept for something else...

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #79 on: 14 July 2015, 10:18:11 »
the tier allow them to determine what should be Endgame content (for clan wars).

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #80 on: 14 July 2015, 11:14:25 »
I would love to see a Brooklyn show up, just for having fifteen shells in a full salvo flying through the air.
http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_6-47_mk16.htm
Though that many shells, with the better AP (mentioned at the top of that link) at 8-10 salvos per minute, would be distinctly OP against tier 4 ships...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #81 on: 14 July 2015, 16:50:04 »
I believe they tested the Iowa at T10 and it didn't work well, mainly because the traits that are said to allow Iowa to beat up Yamato and take her lunch money are either nerfed or ignored in World'o'Boats (such as radar FC). North Carolina and South Dakota are so similar, I'd have a hard time buying them at separate tiers (the most notable difference is SoDak has a better armor layout).

I do wish they'd be more willing to incorporate such things as I think it would be a fairly even fight.  As for difference between North Carolina and South Dakota the North Carolina was faster and had better AA(more important the higher you go up in tier to defend yourself against air attack).

As for the cruisers...What would replace Phoenix at Tier 4? Certainly not the Brooklyn. You could probably bump down the Omaha, but it'd need some heavy nerfs to fit there, and now you need a T5. Both the Brooklyn and Cleveland would need serious beatdowns with the nerfbat to fit there, as the Cleveland feels undertiered already at 6, and the Brooklyn packs an extra 6" turret. You could maybe put the Atlanta at 4 or 5, but it's already a premium at tier...seven...

...sometimes I feel like they should have dropped the whole 'tier' concept for something else...

If they would make 5" and smaller guns and HE in general a bit less effective against armored targets and degraded the Omaha's resistance to shell fire and torpedoes I think you could easily slide the Omaha into tier 4 and the Atlanta into tier 5.  Brooklyn could be made workable as a tier 6 because it wouldn't actually have that great of AA rating, making it vulnerable to air attack.  Cleveland could go into the tier 7 spot thanks to it's (marginally)better armor and (superior)AA battery.  Though I'll admit I'm a bit stumped for where you could go for tier 8, 9, and 10 on the CL tree as it all becomes fairly minor variations on the Cleveland from that point on.

Of course the CA tree, if they actually make a separate CA tree as they claim to want to, would wind up with a lot of the same problems but I wouldn't mind compensating for that a bit by sliding the Alaska in as that tier 10 and the Lexington BC as the tier 9.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #82 on: 15 July 2015, 11:25:47 »
I love my Clemson the little greyhound so much. Got almost 2k XP on her in the last match, was called MVP by one of my teammates. Sank two battleships, a Carrier, and a Destroyer. It was a vicious close quarter fighting with the Battleships. They just steamed right in instead of backing off and opening distance between me and them. Which was a bad tactic when you're trying to steam into an island cluster.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #83 on: 19 July 2015, 13:32:17 »
So I had a pretty good round a bit earlier today in my Minekaze.  I was on New Dawn(I think, some of the maps blend together in my mind now) and I started on the northern team.  So I sail into the central area where the B cap point is and I see an enemy DD coming in.  So knowing I'd almost certainly miss I only sent two of my three launchers after him saving the third.  He also missed his torpedo spread and came in nice and close with a broadside pass and then I gave him my third launcher.  He then proceeds to call me a hacker.  I laugh at him and explain tactics 101.  Then after sailing around to avoid enemy concentrations while considering my next victim I find a fairly isolated battleship and some islands to use as cover to make my approach.  about 5-6km out I run out of cover hit my speed boost and close to about 2km and let him have all 6 torpedoes and sink him without being hit once.  Find another battleship to close on and just get off my first torpedo launch(had reloaded since my last kill) but before I could get my third kill we win by points.

Good times.

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #84 on: 19 July 2015, 14:09:53 »
So I had a pretty good round a bit earlier today in my Minekaze.  I was on New Dawn(I think, some of the maps blend together in my mind now) and I started on the northern team.  So I sail into the central area where the B cap point is and I see an enemy DD coming in.  So knowing I'd almost certainly miss I only sent two of my three launchers after him saving the third.  He also missed his torpedo spread and came in nice and close with a broadside pass and then I gave him my third launcher.  He then proceeds to call me a hacker.  I laugh at him and explain tactics 101.  Then after sailing around to avoid enemy concentrations while considering my next victim I find a fairly isolated battleship and some islands to use as cover to make my approach.  about 5-6km out I run out of cover hit my speed boost and close to about 2km and let him have all 6 torpedoes and sink him without being hit once.  Find another battleship to close on and just get off my first torpedo launch(had reloaded since my last kill) but before I could get my third kill we win by points.

Good times.

That does sound like good times.
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #85 on: 19 July 2015, 14:48:18 »
The gun traverse on Waka is so horrid. I can't wait to get to Mine.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #86 on: 19 July 2015, 15:49:01 »
The gun traverse actually gets worse on Minekaze.

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #87 on: 19 July 2015, 16:08:08 »
The gun traverse actually gets worse on Minekaze.

It does?    This is a foul development.
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #88 on: 19 July 2015, 17:10:52 »
45 seconds for 180.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #89 on: 19 July 2015, 17:18:17 »
Yeah...defending myself against other DDs is going to suck

Register