Author Topic: Attachements broken?  (Read 2302 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Attachements broken?
« on: 27 January 2020, 11:22:21 »
Maybe it's just my crappy internet, but I'm noticing over the last 2 days that almost every time I click on the thumbnail for an image attachment, I get a broken link icon.  If I right click on the thumbnail and tell it to open in a new tab, everything loads fine.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

DarkSpade

• Major
Re: Attachements broken?
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2020, 09:02:16 »
It's no longer "almost every time".  It's every time.  Not having problems with any other images on the site, just attachments.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2020, 13:59:26 »
Testing.

Edit: Worked that time. I'm not the website person (Moonsword does a lot of that), but to eliminate issues, are you under the 900K individual and total size limit? Just making sure. Also, any differentiation on the type of file, whether text, image, spreadsheet, or other?
« Last Edit: 27 February 2020, 14:01:37 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2020, 20:54:24 »
I'm not uploading my own files, just trying to view what other's have shared.

And now it's seemingly random.  For example, this thread: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=68394.0  Some images expand fine while others give me the missing image icon. 

Even stranger, I just tried the same thread in Edge and Explorer(i use firefox), and the attachments don't show up at all.  :o

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2020, 00:31:07 »
Yeah I'm in the Chromium version of Edge and have no issue.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2020, 06:24:30 »
Are Kibutsu's images missing? Those are from imgur. While the rest are on this domain.

I don't think we are going to be that lucky but thought I'd ask.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2020, 09:50:03 »
I'm unable to reproduce the issue for the attachments in Vivaldi, which combined with Bedwyr's report suggests that this is not a forum site issue, or there's something that's been done in a non-Chromium-derived browser that's causing incompatibility with the site.

My guess is this is a browser issue on your side, one way or another.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2020, 12:05:09 »
Yeah, trying it on my phone now and it's working fine. Wish I knew what was going wrong at home. I cant think of any thing that's changed and I'm not seeing anything similar elsewhere. Strange. 

Thanks for trying. Guess I'll learn to live with it.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2020, 14:43:27 »
Try clearing browser cache, especially images.
I had once an issue where certain sites stopped working due to corrupted image cache, perhaps something similar has happened in your case.
Might not help but probably won't hurt regardless.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2020, 19:05:34 »
Same results, only now I have to remember all my different forum passwords again.   ;D

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2020, 23:17:07 »
Same results, only now I have to remember all my different forum passwords again.   ;D
Mmhmm, there was no option to delete images only? Think Chrome offers that, not sure about FF.