Author Topic: Light up crystal  (Read 2879 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Light up crystal
« on: 07 April 2023, 15:48:48 »
Anyone make light up crystal terrain for hexes & mechs like something from Starcraft?

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
Re: Light up crystal
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2023, 16:57:56 »
Try an eBay store, 3d Miniature Factory. They have what you want.

Because they are lighted, they have a bit of a base, of course, and they are made for HeroScape boards as well. But it is a start. Good people to deal with regardless.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2023, 18:52:18 »
Eh, I have all the parts- watched the how to videos and everything.  I just wanted to see what others did/said . . .

. . . though the how-to video did talk about re-using old CDs.  Unfortunately, the age of free AOL CDs is over.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2023, 00:28:18 »
Eh, I have all the parts- watched the how to videos and everything.  I just wanted to see what others did/said . . .

. . . though the how-to video did talk about re-using old CDs.  Unfortunately, the age of free AOL CDs is over.
I have a whole buch of CD's/DVD's (old Linux installation discs) and use them for paint matching every time. But MAN, cutting and gluing CD's on printed Starcraft mineral patches would take me a week and a serious pain in the back.
(+)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2023, 09:24:45 »
Not even 3D printing my crystals.  I bought acrylic crystals online really cheap and will form them into the shape I want as part of a multi-hex hill.  It will have lights on the inside to make the neon blue/green/red/yellow paint I spread over the acrylic crystals to add to the 'look' of it sitting on the table.

They based the crystals on the CDs b/c the light would be magnified with the CD's reflective nature.
Colt Ward

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2023, 12:18:53 »
I also suggest buying something like this on whatever mountain track with tourists - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz#/media/File:Quartz-221141.jpg . It is dirt cheap.
(+)

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2023, 17:52:50 »
Don't know if you are still looking, but Fat Dragon Games has LED Crystals... They don't sell the actual end product, but the file for your 3D printer (assuming you have one)... They also have tutorials about adding the LEDs.

Caz