Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition  (Read 198335 times)

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition
« Reply #210 on: 26 July 2018, 17:21:26 »
Preordered them. Not sure why we have to preorder and wait on an electronic download instead of just.... getting them now? Still seems funny to preorder a nonphysical product. But, cautiously hopeful at this development.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #211 on: 26 July 2018, 18:21:42 »
Only A Splinter of Hope seems to be available at www.barnesandnoble.com at the moment.   :(
I have spoken.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #212 on: 26 July 2018, 18:31:33 »
I'm stoked for the new Total Warfare as well, I've had the Fanpro edition for ages.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #213 on: 26 July 2018, 19:09:39 »
I emailed about getting the updated versions with my order numbers last week but heard no word. Guessing not much of will be moving until after gencon

Same here, also about merging two accounts. I'll be patient.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #214 on: 26 July 2018, 19:33:13 »
The account merger process took some effort. Having order numbers helps considerably

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #215 on: 26 July 2018, 19:45:07 »
Preordered them. Not sure why we have to preorder and wait on an electronic download instead of just.... getting them now? Still seems funny to preorder a nonphysical product. But, cautiously hopeful at this development.

Because it’s not yet ready for sale? I mean, Amazon does presales on Kindle books so that you can buy them before the release date. Not sure why that’s so weird.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #216 on: 26 July 2018, 21:10:15 »
Just strikes me as odd to line up and pre-purchase something for which there is no scarcity.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #217 on: 26 July 2018, 21:25:04 »
Preorder culture is weeeeird. I can understand Kickstarter campaigns, and have preordered limited edition items, but preordering software and computer files just strikes me as bizarre.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #218 on: 26 July 2018, 21:59:54 »
Preorder culture is weeeeird. I can understand Kickstarter campaigns, and have preordered limited edition items, but preordering software and computer files just strikes me as bizarre.

There may still be order fulfillment and editing expenses to cover, and the pre-orders can help gauge market interest, allowing similar products to be greenlit early, shortening gaps in release time (in theory).

I pre-order MP3 albums often enough, so I get an email with a download link as soon as the album is released. It's actually quite convenient.

What baffles me is that the novella about Falcons and Lyrans has Davion art on the cover. What the hell?

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #219 on: 26 July 2018, 22:14:38 »
What baffles me is that the novella about Falcons and Lyrans has Davion art on the cover. What the hell?

That's a Storm Hammer Templar (unit logo on the mech's right leg) with a Lyran fist on the upper torso. Only thing that remotly suggest Davion is that it's a Templar and the TRO's more than hint that the LC and FS are trading arms regularly during the DA.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #220 on: 26 July 2018, 22:25:48 »
That's a Storm Hammer Templar (unit logo on the mech's right leg) with a Lyran fist on the upper torso. Only thing that remotly suggest Davion is that it's a Templar and the TRO's more than hint that the LC and FS are trading arms regularly during the DA.

It's got a projectile weapon, missiles, and an energy weapon. Why not use a Zeus? I suppose it is cheaper to change some Photoshop layers and repurpose artwork from a Davion-centric product than to commission something new.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #221 on: 26 July 2018, 22:33:30 »
This is a bizarre thing to be upset about. Templar's are sick. It's a good cover.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #222 on: 26 July 2018, 22:36:05 »
It's got a projectile weapon, missiles, and an energy weapon. Why not use a Zeus? I suppose it is cheaper to change some Photoshop layers and repurpose artwork from a Davion-centric product than to commission something new.

Excellent name/post combo.

Personally I think a Templar of any stripe looks better than a Zeus of any make or model,  so I'm in favor of the cover we got.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #223 on: 26 July 2018, 22:39:07 »
I like the Zeus-X, but this Templar looks cool as hell.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #224 on: 26 July 2018, 22:39:39 »
Only A Splinter of Hope seems to be available at www.barnesandnoble.com at the moment.   :(

I've seen this mentioned a couple times today--I'll pass it along to those who may be able to do something about it.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #225 on: 26 July 2018, 22:40:55 »

Aside from the fact that the ZEU-9S and -9T don't have projectile weapons, you mean?

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #226 on: 26 July 2018, 22:55:00 »
Aside from the fact that the ZEU-9S and -9T don't have projectile weapons, you mean?

Take a look at the Dark Age Zeus. Though I guess they're all Zeus Xs now.

Some of the recent cover art selections have been following an fascinating decision making process.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #227 on: 26 July 2018, 23:41:43 »
Jasek Kelwsa Steiner piloted a Templar

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #228 on: 26 July 2018, 23:52:29 »
Jasek Kelwsa Steiner piloted a Templar

Ah! It relates to all those Dark Age novels I didn't read.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #229 on: 26 July 2018, 23:55:24 »
Ah! It relates to all those Dark Age novels I didn't read.

Excellent name/post combo revoked for not knowing your Khan in 3145.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #230 on: 27 July 2018, 01:48:31 »
Sustained. I am totally blanking on the name of the guy who ran the Falcon show while Malvina was not dead just sleepin it off. Was that in one of the novels, or just another detail line in ER3145?

Guess I'm gonna have to try and find a copy of Pardoe's Fire At Will.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #231 on: 27 July 2018, 01:54:06 »
Nice to see them available via Playstore too.

The blurb describes these as novellas. Those range from anywhere between 10k to 40k words. Do we have a rough estimate how long these are?

AmBeth

• Corporal
« Reply #232 on: 27 July 2018, 04:51:20 »
Outside of Shattered Fortress, this is the first thing I've been interested in getting for a long time. Definitely getting these on kindle next week!

Nice to see them available via Playstore too.

The blurb describes these as novellas. Those range from anywhere between 10k to 40k words. Do we have a rough estimate how long these are?

Blaines blog about his novella states it comes in at over 40k words

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #233 on: 27 July 2018, 07:59:03 »

And yet...to some, like me in the past, preordering something, even software meant, I have the money now, if I spend it now I will have the product then. If I don;t spend my money now, I may spend my money elsewhere and not have it then.

And that is how I have been my entire life.

Yes, I even Pre-order PS4 and X-BOX 1 games to this day, not for the 'extra's but so I don't need to look come a certain date and say...where do I get the cash for this?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #234 on: 27 July 2018, 08:30:50 »
I'm putting the finishing touches on the major "CGL at Gen Con" post, so keep an eye out for that a bit later today. There's some things in there you all might be interested in.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #235 on: 27 July 2018, 08:55:34 »
Actually...let's do this part now.

Bring the dawn! "Shattered Fortress" will be available in PDF in the first week of August, in print in strictly limited quantities at Gen Con, and in wide release later this fall.

Republic in Flames!
In 3146, the Republic of the Sphere hangs by a tenuous thread. The last fragments of Devlin Stone’s dream to shepherd humankind toward a more prosperous future hide behind the impenetrable defenses of Fortress Republic. As the interstellar communications blackout rages, the ambitious Great Houses vie for military dominance, and the bloodthirsty Clans strive to find a weakness in the Fortress’s armor on their path to conquering Terra and claiming the coveted title of ilClan. When the Wall comes down, will the Inner Sphere plunge even further into the abyss of interstellar war, or will this herald the dawning of a new age?
Shattered Fortress chronicles the twilight of BattleTech’s Dark Age, as nations are thrown into turmoil and predators circle the broken remnants of the Republic of the Sphere. This volume provides a year-by-year look at pivotal turning points in the history of the Inner Sphere, offers a peek behind the curtain of Fortress Republic, and reveals the fateful decisions that will ultimately decide the future of humanity.

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #236 on: 27 July 2018, 09:01:54 »
Actually...let's do this part now.

Bring the dawn! "Shattered Fortress" will be available in PDF in the first week of August, in print in strictly limited quantities at Gen Con, and in wide release later this fall.

F I N A L L Y !  :D

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #237 on: 27 July 2018, 09:04:29 »
HAPPY DANCE!
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #238 on: 27 July 2018, 09:05:19 »
Wow, well done fellas. Looking forward to giving this a read.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2018, 11:06:03 by MarauderD »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #239 on: 27 July 2018, 09:57:37 »
Sustained. I am totally blanking on the name of the guy who ran the Falcon show while Malvina was not dead just sleepin it off. Was that in one of the novels, or just another detail line in ER3145?

Guess I'm gonna have to try and find a copy of Pardoe's Fire At Will.

Malvina being incapacitated at Hesperus was a SB detail, it was never in the fiction . . . Becket Malthus was the Falcon Khan under Malvina as Chengis Khan (or whatever), when she was just the Khan I am not sure they even had a saKhan named.

Fire At Will?  does not deal with the Falcons, its FWL/Lyran/Wolf.

Tyler, while Jasek is the leader of the Stormhammers, is one of two successful Lyran commanders we know of, and pilots a Templar . . . its a Templar III, not a I as depicted and the colors are not Stormhammer dark blue & gray.  Now I am all for Jasek getting a upgrade to the Templar I, but . . .

Also . . . it looks like the mech behind and to the left is a Battlemaster, trying to figure out what is on the back right . . . 4 LRM15s, 2 on each side.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."