Author Topic: Seeking recommendations for...a 6-seater minivan  (Read 5075 times)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: Seeking recommendations for...a 6-seater minivan
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2019, 12:11:14 »
9-speed tranny is a laugh. Too many gears for too weak an engine. The tranny makes more sense in powerful V8s. The four and six cylinders that Chrysler puts them on just don't have enough HP.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2019, 19:20:51 »
Well it looks like my search is over.  I settled on a 2018 Toyota Sienna LE.  Another former fleet vehicle with about 44,700 km on it, I gave this unit a short test drive last Friday, but had an opportunity to put it through more paces today.  I insisted on having an inspection at a garage closer to where I live, which is 25 km away from the dealer.
They agreed and I had it checked out this afternoon; it passed with flying colours.  I then drove it back on the expressway (the ride down having been through city streets) so could also get a feel for how it performs at speed.  It is true that it's not as graceful as the Odyssey or Pacifica and definitely makes much wider turns, but the interior feels roomier than those two and my 11-year-old daughter said she felt comfortable in it, which was really all I needed to hear.  Delivery will be taken next Monday or Tuesday after we get back from a short vacation.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and insight!!

cheers,

Gabe

p.s. I also found there was some truth to what I heard about doing business with dealers who are farther from a city centre.  This was at a Toyota dealership in Pointe-aux-Trembles, on the far east side of Montreal Island.  I did find them more congenial and willing to negotiate than the delaers closer to where I live.
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #32 on: 06 August 2019, 10:04:15 »
Lol, we play games with them the bit we have dealt with car dealers.  My wife is the car buff, and when her Explorer (stolen 4th of July for a robbery vehicle) was stolen before we got married I ferried her around as she checked out replacements.  We walked out of dealerships (or I followed her angry storming, probably more accurate to say that) a couple times for a simple reason . . . they tried to pitch to me, I would point at her and explain it was her car that was stolen and we were not married yet.  When they came back to asking me & pitching a car to me she would get mad.

Sienna is a nice ride, or at least the one I drove in the previous style, and yeah they did seem roomier with a ability to stash stuff in all sorts of nooks.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #33 on: 06 August 2019, 15:23:26 »
After the first one, why didn't you just stay in the car?  ???

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2019, 16:24:37 »
It's a good test of the salesperson. See if they're worth talking to.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2019, 16:31:16 »
Good point!  :thumbsup:

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #36 on: 06 August 2019, 16:48:09 »
Yeah, its a test of sorts and something we test out in certain environments.  But its not just that sort of thing . . . went into a Bass Pro to look at bolt action rifles, told the sales guy I just got out of the Army so I want something balanced like the M-16 and ususally my -16 had a 203 underneath.  And I was a lefty.

Guy tried to sell me a ultra-light rifle with all the weight out on the end of the barrel and was only available for right handed shooters.  Walked out after he handed me that single rifle to go to another store that sold me a rifle a bit lighter than 8 pounds, evenly balanced and had left handed bolt in the caliber that I wanted.  Bingo!

I do sales, and the wife is a comm major so we tend to grade sales people.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 06 August 2019, 16:52:43 »
Cool... good way to sort 'em out!  :thumbsup:

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2019, 08:34:53 »

The humane society wouldn't like it!  :))
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Register