Author Topic: Renegade Tech Applied to Other Settings  (Read 704 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Renegade Tech Applied to Other Settings
« on: 09 August 2019, 15:02:57 »
So, I generally did like the damage-mapping of Renegade Legion's game system, regardless of how generally clunky it might actually be.  Something about coloring shapes through a template brings out the pre-schooler in me.

Apparently it was popular enough that someone decided to apply it to BattleTech in the form of Renegade Tech.  While I call into question the actual orientation for BattleMechs in general (Top Down, versus something sidel-on - Mechs are tall), it worked with some minor caveats.

Going back and rediscovering lore for other franchises that have a touch of the war-game element to them in some fashion, I couldn't help wonder if the system couldn't be applied to something like [urlhttp://airraiders1987.tripod.com/index.html]Air Raiders[/url] or, undoubtedly, MegaForce, or maybe Dino Riders, or Sectaurs, or..., you get the idea.

So, what do you think could use a war-game treatment, especially along the lines of Renegade Tech?
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics