Author Topic: Can AtoW be converted into Destiny?  (Read 1440 times)

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
Can AtoW be converted into Destiny?
« on: 02 January 2023, 16:23:27 »
I have the Destiny rulebook, and I've been running Destiny on Tuesdays for my local game store. We've been using a third party rules set, Battletech: Destiny, for mech-scale combat.

Recently, the store owner got in the recent reprint of A Time of War, and while flipping through it there were some things in there that seemed interesting, at least at a glance, for personal-scale encounters. Such as different kinds of medicine and drugs, as well as prosthetics and augmentations.

Would it be possible to convert equipment from AtoW for use with Destiny, or would I have to use one system or the other with no overlap? I haven't purchased the book itself yet, but am considering it.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Re: Can AtoW be converted into Destiny?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2023, 17:38:54 »
To my knowledge, there's no official conversion. But, Destiny is also designed to be fairly friendly to GM-powered handwavium, so you can essentially just port the functionality over and play it a little fast and loose.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
Re: Can AtoW be converted into Destiny?
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2023, 22:34:57 »
To my knowledge, there's no official conversion. But, Destiny is also designed to be fairly friendly to GM-powered handwavium, so you can essentially just port the functionality over and play it a little fast and loose.

Ah, gotcha.