Author Topic: Battle Armor Record sheets, what's the S stand for?  (Read 240 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Battle Armor Record sheets, what's the S stand for?
« on: 21 April 2024, 00:58:51 »
I've noticed that some weapons on Battle Armor record sheets have an S in brackets next to them.  In a game today, one player stated that this designated that a given weapon was a Squad Support Weapon (specifically, the Light Recoilless Rifle on the Marauder BA), but the TRO entry for the Marauder BA makes no mention of it having Squadron Support Weapons of any kind.  So what does the S stand for?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battle Armor Record sheets, what's the S stand for?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2024, 08:47:02 »
Trick question.
There should not be an S there. It should be AI.
(Assuming you are looking at Technical Readout 3145 Mercenaries, and the S on the light recoilless rifle. Record Sheets Technical Readout 3145 shows the Marauder BA's light recoilless rifle correctly with DB, AI.)
S is for switchable ammo.  But the light recoilless rifle does not have switchable ammo.

The weapon codes are on pages 113-114 of Total Warfare or pages 96-97 of the BattleMech Manual.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Battle Armor Record sheets, what's the S stand for?
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2024, 09:58:17 »
Great, thanks.  And yes, I was looking at the record sheet from TRO 3145 Mercenaries.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman