Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Flashman FLS-8K Resculpt Funded !!!!!!  (Read 55448 times)

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
Re: Round 1 2015 Funding - Flashman FLS-8K Resculpt Funded !!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: 17 August 2015, 06:55:50 »
Every new sculpt requires the ritual sacrifice of a 3rd Ed plastic Unseen ...

W  :D

suddenly, though, it doesn't seem like to much of a sacrifice considering what is in the works  :P
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: 17 August 2015, 14:55:03 »
Arms are three pieces: Shoulder, Upper Arm and Lower Arm.  The shoulder has a ball and socket joint that fits into the torso and will rotate 360*.  It has a socket that the Upper arm fits into that will allow at least 180* or more of rotation depending on the shoulder position.  The Lower Arm has a pin and socket joint in it that will allow 360* of rotation depending on the position of the two other Arm pieces.  In other words LOTS of range of motion throughout. O0

Thanks!  O0

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #152 on: 17 August 2015, 16:57:37 »
Is it scary that I can see potential for magnetized arms with the new Flashman?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #153 on: 17 August 2015, 21:40:26 »
You can do the waist too! O0
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #154 on: 17 August 2015, 21:50:24 »
While I'm STILL against Resculpting ANY existing mini, and I'll never Vote for OR help fund one, I have to admit that I LOVE what Behrle has done with the Flashman and Highlander!   [drool]  I'll be buying a pair of each once they hit release!   ;)

AMAZING work sir!   O0   [applause] [applause] [applause]

Now get busy sculpting the Reimaged Classics, ESPECIALLY the Thunderbolt!   [whipit]   [whipit]    :Jumpy:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #155 on: 17 August 2015, 21:58:59 »
Thanks!  So much to do SO little time.  I seriously doubt the T-bolt will get a resculpt.  Whatsamatter with it anyhow???
« Last Edit: 17 August 2015, 22:23:40 by B-3 »

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #156 on: 17 August 2015, 22:25:44 »
There are currently EIGHT Thunderbolt minis of various variants.  I don't care to see another.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: 17 August 2015, 22:59:43 »
Thanks!  So much to do SO little time.  I seriously doubt the T-bolt will get a resculpt.  Whatsamatter with it anyhow???
NOTHING!  Especially the Primitive!  O0 

I'm talking about the Reimaged Classics, aka the Formerly Unseen!  NOT resculpting a Project Phoenix/Reseen T-Bolt!  I LOVE the Primitive T-Bolt, but I fell in Love with the "Unseen" T-Bolt back in '86, and it is STILL my Favorite!   {>{>   I can't wait to see how they Reimage it like they have the WHM, MAD and GRF!   [drool]

There are currently EIGHT Thunderbolt minis of various variants.  I don't care to see another.
Counting 3 Fan Sculpts and the T IIC, I currently have 11 different T-Bolt mini sculpts.  I also own the -9NAIS Prototype that was painted (and maybe Created by?) CaptainoftheWatch.  All combined, I own 49+ T-Bolt minis!
You can NEVER have "Too Many" T-Bolt sculpts!!   [drool]
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #158 on: 17 August 2015, 23:41:11 »
Seyla!  O0

I am looking forward to the arrival of the "classic" replacement for the unseen Thud. This will help me to be able to field a company of T-bolts with an individual sculpt for each unit with minimal doubling up (may have to draft in a couple of Thor/Summoners as proxies).
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #159 on: 18 August 2015, 07:39:59 »

Four more, and you can field an entire company of different, yet hauntingly familiar T-Bolts.  :D

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #160 on: 18 August 2015, 12:56:47 »
We have a few other mechs that need sculpts before we get another rehash of the T-Bolt I think.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #161 on: 18 August 2015, 13:18:38 »
Incredible work!

I Got my voucher too!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #162 on: 18 August 2015, 17:53:19 »

Sorry B3, the Reseen Thud is, IMHO, sub-optimal in terms of assembly by "average Joes". The quality of the parts if great, but ... not for the faint-hearted.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #163 on: 18 August 2015, 17:59:12 »
Sorry B3, the Reseen Thud is, IMHO, sub-optimal in terms of assembly by "average Joes". The quality of the parts if great, but ... not for the faint-hearted.

W.

This is my issue with some of the newer sculpts, to many parts. Not saying they do not look nice when put together but it is the putting together that is the issue.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #164 on: 18 August 2015, 18:40:55 »
To many parts equal too many weak points.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #165 on: 18 August 2015, 21:26:42 »

W.

I gotta get me one of these things, just for the challenge!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #166 on: 19 August 2015, 02:23:12 »
We have a few other mechs that need sculpts before we get another rehash of the T-Bolt I think.

I take it you DON'T want a mini of the newly Reimaged Warhammer or Marauder either?   ???

Fine.  More for ME then!   O0   [cheers]

The Formerly Unseen Classics ARE coming back, and they WILL be making minis of them.  Complain all you want, but a LOT of us won't.    {>{>    :Jumpy:

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #167 on: 19 August 2015, 10:45:35 »
I take it you DON'T want a mini of the newly Reimaged Warhammer or Marauder either?   ???

Fine.  More for ME then!   O0   [cheers]

The Formerly Unseen Classics ARE coming back, and they WILL be making minis of them.  Complain all you want, but a LOT of us won't.    {>{>    :Jumpy:

I do, but there not priority. We do have plenty of designs that need there sculpts though and we have quite a few 'doubles' that we really don't need. I mean really, how many T-Bolts again? Eight? But I think its time to get all the designs that need sculpts done first. We can squeeze a resculpt Unseen in every now and then.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #168 on: 20 August 2015, 05:03:03 »
I do, but there not priority. We do have plenty of designs that need there sculpts though and we have quite a few 'doubles' that we really don't need. I mean really, how many T-Bolts again? Eight? But I think its time to get all the designs that need sculpts done first. We can squeeze a resculpt Unseen in every now and then.

I agree with you Mostly.  I neither voted for NOR helped fund the Resculpt Flashman or Highlander, for example.  While I DO like what's been done with them (and WILL be buying 2 of each eventually), I didn't see the Need for either one to be resculpted.  Someone here (I want to say Jal Phoenix?) has a list of all the various BT products ever made, including Fan-made items, and it has NUMEROUS resculpted 'Mechs listed.  Among the worst offenders are the Atlas and Blood Asp, with TWO "Resculpts" apiece!   :o  Then again, we've also got the "Orion Series", Orion (20-848), Orion MW3 (10-845), Orion Resculpt (20-397), and Orion Resculpt w/Kerensky (BC-002), though I'm wondering if the last 2 are the same mini, but 1 comes with the tiny Kerensky figure?   ???

Of those 8 T-Bolts, 1 is the "Unseen", and another is the IIC sculpt, which you could slap any other name on for all that it resembles a T-Bolt.   #P  However, I'm sure I'm not the only "Old Fart" on this site that started with the old "Unseen" designs, and is ECSTATIC to have them back.  The recent teaser pic before Gen Con, of the Wolf's Dragoons/Black Widow Warhammer, Marauder and Griffin generated a LOT of "Buzz" on this site alone.  While I'm sure there are a few people that don't care about them, I'm equally sure they are VASTLY outnumbered by the rest of us.  Having the reimaged Classics back is something a LOT of us have wanted for YEARS, and we're not going to stop bugging CGL and IWM for minis now that CGL has got the ball rolling on the new images.   [whipit]  [whipit]

To all those that have been telling us Old Farts to "Just Let Go" of the Unseens, and "Just Move On", I can say, "OK. NOW I will.".   :D

Oh, and also: "Nyah! I got them back!"   ;D   {>{>

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #169 on: 20 August 2015, 12:54:46 »
OK molded, cast n heading for IWM.  10 pieces: Torso, left leg with hips attached, right leg, R/L shoulders,  R/L lower Arms, Upper Arm Part/Weapon Sprue x2 and Variant Parts Sprue.
Yes!  Loving the new sculpt.  The arms look 100% better than the old stiff-arm miniature.  Now, I just need to figure out how many to order...    ;)

However, I'm sure I'm not the only "Old Fart" on this site that started with the old "Unseen" designs, and is ECSTATIC to have them back.  The recent teaser pic before Gen Con, of the Wolf's Dragoons/Black Widow Warhammer, Marauder and Griffin generated a LOT of "Buzz" on this site alone.  While I'm sure there are a few people that don't care about them, I'm equally sure they are VASTLY outnumbered by the rest of us.  Having the reimaged Classics back is something a LOT of us have wanted for YEARS, and we're not going to stop bugging CGL and IWM for minis now that CGL has got the ball rolling on the new images.   [whipit]  [whipit]
Another "Old Fart" here!  I love many of the new miniatures coming out of IWM, and there are certainly a number of new designs that I am really looking forward to buying once IWM can get them sculpted. 

However, my love will always belong to the old, original "unseen".   I've got at least one each of the original unseen sculpts, likewise the newer Operation Phoenix sculpts,  and of course there are all the updated and "primative" versions that have come out since.  However the teaser we've seen of these new "reimagined" original 3025 mechs has blown me away and I'll be waiting very impatiently to throw large fistfull's of money at Catalyst for multiple sets of these new versions of the old mechs and I won't be satisfied until I get them!!!   ;D

(Likewise, I won't be satisfied until I can buy the new LAM miniatures, either.  Nudge-nudge, wink-wink!)    [whipit]
« Last Edit: 20 August 2015, 13:12:16 by mdauben »
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #170 on: 20 August 2015, 15:58:11 »
I do want a new Maruader myself for my Comstar unit. But we do have sculpts of older stuff that needs doing.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #171 on: 20 August 2015, 17:19:14 »
Thanks everyone!  I'm glad you like what we came up with.  The legs were originally three pieces each with a separate hip piece. IWM asked me to combine them into two pieces to make production easier on their end.  Expect future Mechs to have similar leg arrangements and fewer parts where possible. O0 

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #172 on: 20 August 2015, 17:31:04 »
Where can I see these new "unreseen" 3025 designs?

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #174 on: 21 August 2015, 09:34:00 »
Great Thanks! O0

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #175 on: 22 August 2015, 02:43:59 »
I get that the sculpts with multiple parts are difficult to pose, but that's part of the fun. Poseability allows you to field a couple of the same mech and not look ridiculous. Also makes kitbashing easier. I don't agree (though I respect your right to think) that simpler is better.

A pin vice and some paperclips may be essential, but the sense of achievement is always worth those purchases...

As for the Resculpt issue. I think the 'reimagined classics' are a special case... As some of the other old fogeys above said, these models (of their progenitors) were the beating heart of the Battletech universe. They can't come back soon enough for me!

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #176 on: 22 August 2015, 03:31:49 »
I get that the sculpts with multiple parts are difficult to pose, but that's part of the fun. Poseability allows you to field a couple of the same mech and not look ridiculous. Also makes kitbashing easier. I don't agree (though I respect your right to think) that simpler is better.

A pin vice and some paperclips may be essential, but the sense of achievement is always worth those purchases...

As for the Resculpt issue. I think the 'reimagined classics' are a special case... As some of the other old fogeys above said, these models (of their progenitors) were the beating heart of the Battletech universe. They can't come back soon enough for me!

I can see this if you want to do any of that. I do not, I want simple easy to do, to get on the table. But that may just be me, I like one piece and have no issue with every one looking the same.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #177 on: 22 August 2015, 08:03:43 »
I started out building model kits as a kid, so the more pieces the better for me.  I was asked to simplify the design by IWM to help speed production of molds and production of copies. More pieces slows everything down.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #178 on: 22 August 2015, 08:21:37 »
I can see the case for both -  one piece minis so that you can field a mini almost straight out of the blister and multi-piece for poseability and customising/configuring.

It is why I think that CGL/IWM are onto a winner with plastic alpha strike lance boxes and the new IWM pewter releases.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #179 on: 22 August 2015, 20:19:22 »
I'm in the less piece the better camp myself. I don't own a pin vice, nor do I want one. What I want is to open it up, clean it up, paint it and use it. The KISS Method here.