Author Topic: Just a mechanized conventional infantry Point  (Read 981 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Just a mechanized conventional infantry Point
« on: 15 March 2018, 20:45:55 »
Exactly what it says on the tin. A basic infantry point for keeping the peace, suppressing obnoxious spheroids, or being expended as either flypaper or a calculated insult.

And no, I'm not going to swap out the guns to a Mauser IIC. For most of its service life, it was actually really rare and probably reserved for the troops you care about. These don't count. They're lucky I gave them body armor and the weapons I did.

On a related note, I built this for the current campaign I'm running, where they're envisioned as Flurry style troops that were originally foot infantry, but were mechanized using utility vehicles captured from inner sphere sources. They're going to be common garrison opponents when my players go a-raiding.

Conventional Infantry Point (Mechanized)
Base Tech Level: Standard (Clan)
Level          Era
-------------------
Experimental    - 
Advanced      3001+
Standard        - 
Tech Rating: F/X-X-E-D

BV: 52
Cost: 950,272 C-bills

Movement: 4/4

Soldiers: 20 (5/4)
Armor: 1.0

Primary Weapon: Pulse Laser Rifle [Clan]
Secondary Weapon: Laser Rifle (ER) (2)
Damage per trooper: 0.310

Weapons           Loc  Heat 
-----------------------------
Laser Rifle (ER)  MEN    0   

Equipment             Loc 
---------------------------
Clan Armor Kit (All)  MEN 
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Just a mechanized conventional infantry Point
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2018, 21:39:11 »
For a miniscule cost, you can add camo to their armor, and get a +1 to be hit bonus...