Author Topic: PV/MUL Changes for Commander's Edition  (Read 1294 times)

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
PV/MUL Changes for Commander's Edition
« on: 07 August 2019, 21:57:31 »
I really started diving into Alpha Strike back in the spring of '16 and organising my minis into companies and regiments for each of the houses.  Then there was talk of the PVs being changed and I set my AS project aside until the dust settled on PVs.

Now that Commander's Edition is out, I presume and hope the PV review is completed too. 

How much, if anything, has changed for 3025?

I had downloaded all the MUL card images for the 3025 Mechs and set up spreadsheets for organising my forces.  Now I need to figure out how much of that might need changing to get up to date so I can get the game back into gear.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2019, 22:01:02 by Cat »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: PV/MUL Changes for Commander's Edition
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2019, 22:04:28 »
The Commander's Edition did nothing to PVs; even if it did the cards are updated.

The result of (if I'm remembering exactly which PV rebalance pass that was) the one you're thinking about is that things that were fast and capable of bringing medium range armament to bear against most targets got more expensive.  (TMM-1)*Medium PV more expensive, usually.  This means that things like the Dasher F or a good number of Black Lanner configs are now a whole lot of points, but you can still reasonably expect them to pull their weight because that particular kind of Dasher earns its points back in maybe two shots.

Nothing with a TMM of 1 or lower changed.  Everything with a TMM of 2 or higher changed at least a little bit.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2019, 22:11:31 »
My MUL file jpegs are all dated May 2016 for when I downloaded them.

Started opening up old files and comparing to the current state of the MUL, and yes it looks like I have to go through everything and re-download and start work on updating my TO&Es.  Whee.

I trust the PVs are relatively stable now then?
« Last Edit: 07 August 2019, 22:32:44 by Cat »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2019, 22:50:53 »
About 75% of all units changed, if I recall correctly.  You will need to update most everything.

Yes, they're stable and there's no errata or anything since then.  The community has not identified any issues since the revision came out about a year back.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2019, 23:01:08 »
Thank you for the info!

I'm glad I put my project on hold since so much changed.  But eek, I have a lot of work cut out for me now to get everything rolling again now that PVs are stablised.  Whee.

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2019, 08:34:29 »
Also you have the addition of JumpS and JumpW values which have been added to the sheets.