Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Oh yeah. Those were the days.

Now, you can have a Megatron that is programmable (on an app on your smartphone) and self-transformable between robot and main battle tank mode, and can talk.

All for the low, low price of some $900.

But at least you won’t be mistaken for carrying a real weapon.

Ruger

prime comes with trailer these days and grimlock kicks butt
if i had the cash i would snag them both
Off Topic / Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Last post by rebs on Today at 20:38:43 »
Not a lot of excitement beyond the first period for NYR vs the Caps.
Glad to read about new novels on the horizon.

Snow Ravens get a bone?  Surely it must be a sign of the apocalypse!!
As a Caps fan it pains me to say this:

Can this game please end so we can get to the Avs/Jets game?
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by rebs on Today at 20:25:31 »
jungle
It's too bad we don't have the option I'd say is most logical from a cost/investment perspective;  An armored flatbed truck with reinforced benches.  Battlesuits come with their OWN armor, the problem has always been moving them fast enough to use them, and most of the vehicles for doing so, are enclosed and prevent them from both using their weapons while embarked, and slows down deployment at the arrival since they  have to go through a door.

Take something like the old M3 or the german half-tracks from the 2nd World War, give it a bigger engine to go faster, and a pintle mount support weapon-you could even have the cab armored with a turret, but the key cost here would be converting a commercial truck with an armored skid-plate, steel benches and sidewalls that let the suits hop over 'em (or drop to form ramps).

NOBODY does this, not in the fiction, not in the game, but it's the most obvious choice, since you only need a Prime Mover and a few minutes to hours with a welding kit.

(admittedly, done right, this gives you a 'transport' vehicle for your suits that costs less than any one of the suits it's carrying...)
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by rebs on Today at 20:24:15 »
Mayonnaise ~ Smashing Pumpkins
Fan Articles / Re: Mech of the Week: P1 Perseus
« Last post by Minemech on Today at 20:08:33 »
Oh, I know.  It's not ideal by any stretch.
I could see a B2 now that Clan weapons are mainstream.
Or that Koltan mission in KOTOR. Sure a bad experiment on a space station could be pushed into a gas giant but a couple det charges and it's buried in the abyss under megatons of water.
Sounds like the perfect recipe for a Nebula California version of Bioshock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register