Author Topic: Samurai - Mizar Conflicting Information  (Read 1606 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Samurai - Mizar Conflicting Information
« on: 23 May 2015, 23:28:32 »
Hello, 

Per TRO:3039, The Samurai line is listed as destroyed in 2774 during the Amaris Coup.

Per Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 189, "Mizar World Profile" the world of Mizar was never attacked by Amaris troops because it had Lyran Troops on world and even Amaris wasn't dumb enough to trigger a war with another House while fighting the SLDF.

I'm wondering if the World info is incorrect or if maybe the year is wrong & it was destroyed post Coup in the 1st SW?

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Samurai - Mizar Conflicting Information
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2015, 14:29:05 »
Per TRO:3039, The Samurai line is listed as destroyed in 2774 during the Amaris Coup.

Per Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 189, "Mizar World Profile" the world of Mizar was never attacked by Amaris troops because it had Lyran Troops on world and even Amaris wasn't dumb enough to trigger a war with another House while fighting the SLDF.

I'm wondering if the World info is incorrect or if maybe the year is wrong & it was destroyed post Coup in the 1st SW?

Historical Liberation of Terra I p126 states the SLDF did attack Mizar and easily overwhelmed the garrison. Datewise its somewhere in the region of 2772 to 2774, but isn't specific.

Hope this helps,

Chris W

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Samurai - Mizar Conflicting Information
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2015, 23:29:38 »
Thanks,
I figured the DA info to be incorrect & its nice to have a 2nd source to back up the TRO.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo