Author Topic: Alpha Strike Grinder suggestions  (Read 388 times)

MeepleHat

• Recruit
Alpha Strike Grinder suggestions
« on: 10 November 2023, 11:49:03 »
Hello,

I'll be running a Alpha Strike Grinder at Tower Games in Minneapolis on Dec 9 for their miniature demo day.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or things they've learned running demos in the past?

I plan on running only 3025'ish IS mechs.  I thought I would include Infernos for the SRM and Armor Piercing for the AC.  It will be a slightly smaller table with two wood, a small depth 1 water and maybe a Hill in the center.

I'm new to Alpha Strike but have been running small weekly games to make sure I am comfortable with the rules.

MetalEd

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
Re: Alpha Strike Grinder suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2023, 10:33:38 »
Era isn't terribly relevant - if you stick with the fancy dry erase colour cards that come in the forcepacks with the mechs you should be ok (there aren't too many that are too nuts for strange tech).  I find giving each player 2 mechs -  a medium and heavy, or light and assault - roughly equivalent PV, all starting skill 4, is a good way to ease players into it.
Alternate Ammo is something I'd reserve for after someone has played their first game.
Giving the players an incentive to fight over is helpful - like an objective in the center of the table - helps get them moving towards each other.