Author Topic: MekHQ: Weird Zombie Pilot Problem  (Read 1311 times)

Kailan Eidyia

• Recruit
MekHQ: Weird Zombie Pilot Problem
« on: 24 May 2018, 19:25:41 »
So I have a pilot that's definitely quite alive in MekHQ and has most absolutely never died in a mission before. I just started up a new mission, and noticed he didn't show up with the rest of his lance. I checked to see what was going on and found that MegaMek was listing him as "Dead", and wasn't spawning him. I double checked in MekHQ and he's definitely listed as active and has no wounds and nothing I could see that would prevent him from sortieing. Just to be sure I GM'd him a clean bill of health, but the problem is persisting and I can't find anything in the MegaMek settings to unzombiefy him. Am I missing something really basic here or do I need to hire a priest to perform an exorcism?

https://imgur.com/a/qNlyLDq

(PS Don't judge me on my Toro additiction)

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Re: MekHQ: Weird Zombie Pilot Problem
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2018, 22:05:48 »
Did that unit have a previous pilot that was killed? We had a bug where some of the crew status was not being cleared as the end of a mission. It's been fixed now and I think the fix is in the lastest release, but that may not clear out the old status. Try removing the unit and GM-adding a replacement.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2018, 23:45:54 »
That said it would be nice to be able to right click a unit and see a history log for it in the hangar to check for something like that. 
I know upgrades are a little off topic, but my warmachine deserves it's celebrated history as much as the pilot.

Kailan Eidyia

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2018, 06:04:55 »
Did that unit have a previous pilot that was killed? We had a bug where some of the crew status was not being cleared as the end of a mission. It's been fixed now and I think the fix is in the lastest release, but that may not clear out the old status. Try removing the unit and GM-adding a replacement.

Actually, yes, the mech was salvaged and cobbled together out of like 5 different Griffins after a battle. It actually still was listed as "crippled" even after I completed all the repairs on it, until I put a new pilot into it and it corrected itself.

It looks like a save and restart fixed the issue for me, but this is a fresh campaign with 43.10RC4 that wasn't imported from an earlier version, so I might just upload the save and customs to the github if you think it would be helpful. Thanks a lot for your quick response and all your help!